Episodes from LC / Red Dead Redemption exclusive fansite event!

Chris

As you may have read from some of the other fansites, I was invited out to New York City by Rockstar Games last week to preview Episodes from Liberty City on PC and PS3 before it would be released, along with webmasters from the other sites.

My write up with my impressions on the event itself, the game, and the surprise that was getting to play Red Dead Redemption, is now online. Head over to our EFLC / RDR fansite event page to read my thoughts, and to find out what us webmasters got up to while we were there.

A huge thanks must go out to Rockstar Games for putting together this event and making it as incredible as it was. I hope I'll see not just you guys but the other webmasters again sometime!

I'd like to submit that a good friend of mine online just started his own GTA dedicated site, GTAHole, I would refer to him as the Webmaster, and he already lives in New York... Queens. So I hope Rockstar North might give him an invite at some point. He's not too young of a character, and he's getting his feet wet with an actual web site build, so let's wish him luck. The idea of too many GTA based sites doesn't present a problem to me, and you gotta luv the name as well!

I read that report, and am still curious, what GPU they got running GTA4? Did they ramp those machines up since GTA4 and GTA Episodes? I imagine the 6GB Ram. I found with my laptop card reader and a flash card, I can use that card to speed up the Vista OS, and that could work for gaming if possible at all.

Edited by BlackListedB

I've no idea but this was probably a top of the range machine back in late 08 / early 09... and I would imagine it was an nVidia... so whatever their best GPU was back then. The computers were running Windows 7.

As for your friend I doubt he would get an invite to any future events. Those of us who are lucky enough to get invited have been on the scene for at least 7 years or so. We still run our sites today and of course they are among the biggest out there. It's almost like a reward for our continued dedication to supporting both R* and the GTA series. It's for that reason alone really, no matter how hard your friend works on his site. There's also plenty of other great sites out there, especially European ones, who don't get invited. Of course they can't invite everyone. I'm just fortunate to be one that is :)

I've no idea but this was probably a top of the range machine back in late 08 / early 09... and I would imagine it was an nVidia... so whatever their best GPU was back then. The computers were running Windows 7.

As for your friend I doubt he would get an invite to any future events. Those of us who are lucky enough to get invited have been on the scene for at least 7 years or so. We still run our sites today and of course they are among the biggest out there. It's almost like a reward for our continued dedication to supporting both R* and the GTA series. It's for that reason alone really, no matter how hard your friend works on his site. There's also plenty of other great sites out there, especially European ones, who don't get invited. Of course they can't invite everyone. I'm just fortunate to be one that is :)

We've both been into GTA since circa 2003. Both members of GTA net's GTA Forums, but there's problems there that caused the germ of having this new site formulated. It will take time to really find an audience, but we have a good start it seems. We're both staying committed to what type of game GTA is, the benchmark for Freeroam mission based adventure. The 3D reality in small scale with it's AI. that's what makes RDR so interesting as well!

As far as their computers, do you know what brand they were? Or only via the desktop?

• 7 months later...