COD: Black Ops

The Bossman

I've seen quite a few gameplay vids now of this in multiplayer, and looks great fun. One guy was sniping on some scaffolding with a bolt action rifle and was kicking ass, had a couple of no-scopes in there too at close range.

BTW, I heard there's a torture scene in 1 player that you take control of yourself, involving shoving glass into a mouth and punching his face I think. I read it somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

RiversHURRRRRR.jpg

Laptop cooler..

And Naah.. the game should run fine on Core2Duo's considering its using the same engine as WaW. Memory leaks and what not is causing the lagg/freeze issues. Treyarch are gonna roll out a patch to fix that.

Edit:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=313146&sid=t0718kra1aeddbjtvnbibjusp4

Hey PC gamers:

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

LIVE FIXES

11/10

- GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.

- GameServers.com continues to improve official server distribution in various worldwide regions.

11/11

- Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.

- Performance improvement for dual and quad core.

- Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.

IN PROGRESS

- GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.

- Incomplete server browser results.

- Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).

- Zombies "The game session is no longer available" error.

Regards,

-JD

Edited by EvoLuTioN

Well its CoD! How innovative can they get with it? Its not like they are just selling Mw2 with a new maps and a few kinks ironed out. They have the Cash system, Zombie mode, Wagers matches, character customisation, etc.

Also there were tons of pre release gameplay vids, If you didn't notice the similarities then, then you're just a dumbass. No offence.

Edited by EvoLuTioN

I'm actually considering getting this, I heard the main campaign was better than in previous games and the online is pretty fun. Might get it for Christmas or something, I'd rather buy Deadly Promonition now.

And thanks Nate, chick's super hot, Madison Paige in Heavy Rain was modeled after her, that's how I got to know of her existence.

Well its CoD! How innovative can they get with it? Its not like they are just selling Mw2 with a new maps and a few kinks ironed out. They have the Cash system, Zombie mode, Wagers matches, character customisation, etc.

Also there were tons of pre release gameplay vids, If you didn't notice the similarities then, then you're just a dumbass. No offence.

Essentially, they could make it as innovative they want it to. There are some similarities, and some dissimilarities but frankly it's odd to sell practically the same game over and over and over. It's great from a business standpoint though.

Lol You've obviously not played Fifa :P

Yea like I said.. its CoD. They cannot change a whole lot with out losing the identity of the game. MoH went arcade style from the Bad Company 2-ish style of MP gameplay and see what happened there. And being the underdogs, Treyarch would catch flak no matter what they did.

Still they may not have added much to the combat but there are lot of other cool stuff to do when you're not killing people.

• 1 month later...

For the PS3 owners of this game, has the recent patch fixed anything or is it still the same old issues with lag, hit detection etc? I haven't gone on the game in a while, and I won't until the game is properly fixed. A shame because I really like the game, but it's ruined by all these flaws. Also, thoughts on the incoming DLC for 360? They say it's exclusive but we all know it's a timed exclusive. It has 4 new maps and a zombie map, for the same DLC price as before - 1200 MS points.

http://www.play.tm/news/32650/first-call-of-duty-black-ops-dlc-announced/

Microsoft has had the pleasure of announcing the first pack of DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops by privilege of their two-year timed exclusive agreement for the DLC with Activision.

On his latest podcast Microsoft's Larry Major Nelson Hryb announced the new DLC which will feature four multiplayer maps and a new level for the zombie mode as well.

Two of the levels will be adaptations of the Arctic Circle and Hong Kong levels from the single player mode. The others are brand new locations based on the Berlin Wall and ice hockey stadium based on the 1980 Olympic encounter between the US and USSR.

Hryb also confirmed that the DLC would become available on the Xbox 360 on February the 1st of next year. If the agreement follows the same lines as the Modern Warfare 2 DLC PS3 and PC versions of the DLC would potentially become available a month after the 360 version arrives.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, quite big news regarding B Ops on PS3 - rumour is that Activision are considering SHUTTING DOWN the PS3 servers because of the massive amount of complaints about the game being faulty online. It's a last resort and I doubt they'll get nowhere near implementing it, but it's another poke in the eye for PS3 owners from the 360 humping Activision.

A trailer for the first piece of DLC was released 2 days ago - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/video.php?id=4272