F*&K EA Games! BOYCOTT!

fatalgamer

Firstly you posted in the wrong area, and secondly this is no big deal. If you're patient with buying a new game, you can usually get it for £30 or less online after a week or 2. I don't know many people who buy from the high street any more. Plus you got those voucher codes sites out there for further discounts. The 2nd hand games market has been very popular, but the developers receive little to no money from each purchase of a 2nd hand game, so this was bound to happen at some point. This could potentially drive new game prices down as well. Oh BTW, I suppose you should think about boycotting Ubisoft as well, because they're going to do the same thing soon.

Edited by The Bossman
  • Like 1

Whaddup homedog, long time.

I tend to agree w/ FG on this one. The EA sports games are usually the most expensive for the first month than their prices fall faster than real estate in Detroit. The better approach would be to make DLC available for these games (say mid season) & collect off that making the older games worth a little more & still profitable.

Not too long ago Microsoft payed someone $50 mil for something like that & made out pretty well.

Continuing on the argument, by rights they should owe me something back for Godfather II being so short (100% complete in under 30 hours) & having dismally small maps. Not holding my breath on that.

One of the things I've been up to in my absence is testing rebuilt X360s so I'm on the same page over how this affects the small independent shops that mainly deal in used games.

Brought to you by EA, the company people love to hate.

EA are generally scum, but after all, they are a business, trying to earn money. The reason this online pass exists is so that others who get it used, won't be able to experience online. If someone buys it new, then you get it, but getting it used means they don't earn the cash.

So to sum up:

Used games = Cheaper for us, EA doesn't get the money from it. You also won't be able to play online if it's the case.

New games = Expensive, EA gets the money, and you get the online pass to play online.

All in all, I don't like this model. If they stop making shitty games like FIFA every year with the same old, same thing, then it's not worth the buy for around £60. Make games that have a longer development span, where new ideas can be implemented, it makes better sense and has some quality in it.

The reason EA does this stuff is because they're falling into a hole where they're losing money because of shit games. If they make great games where there's more time for developers to polish, maybe they can get their way up from the hole and start earning some money.

EA are either way, going to lose alot more money if this goes into shape.

Whaddup homedog, long time.

I tend to agree w/ FG on this one. The EA sports games are usually the most expensive for the first month than their prices fall faster than real estate in Detroit. The better approach would be to make DLC available for these games (say mid season) & collect off that making the older games worth a little more & still profitable.

Not too long ago Microsoft payed someone $50 mil for something like that & made out pretty well.

Continuing on the argument, by rights they should owe me something back for Godfather II being so short (100% complete in under 30 hours) & having dismally small maps. Not holding my breath on that.

One of the things I've been up to in my absence is testing rebuilt X360s so I'm on the same page over how this affects the small independent shops that mainly deal in used games.

Brought to you by EA, the company people love to hate.

Urban, my boy, I knew you'd have something to say man. No body can say it's not a big deal, because it is. I love my local game shops and I wanna keep going to them for my used game needs. That's where I'm speaking from. This will hurt those guys big time. Especially when others follow along.

The whole point is, guys and gals, EA ain't hurting for money. Every year, they profit from the previous year, atleast most of the time. How in the fuck does offering online service cost EA? If in some way it does, they've never expressed it and they sure as shit ain't laying people off because of it. They don't need it, they WANT it so they can all get a big, fat ass bonus.

When people stop buying their games because of this online pass shit, and EAs (and Ubisofts) profits start to fall, they'll realize that taxing their loyal fans ain't the brightest of ideas. We complain about the price of games, but what do we do about? Not a damn thing. At this rate, us average Johns, Janes, Joes and Jills won't be able to get the latest installment of our favorite game franchises on launch day. From $50 to $60 and now $70, all within the last 5 years or so, respectivley. Do we want to see $80 and $90?

(Ofcourse, I'm going by the prices I pay here in Arkansas,USA)

HERE IS SOME MORE FOR YOU.