World Cup 2010

Chris

So the World Cup is now underway in South Africa, good start for them but unlucky not to win it.

Who are YOU supporting in the World Cup and why? Of course I'll be rooting for England... given the fact I am... English :D

If your country isn't in this year, who are you cheering for?

Talk about the event, the matches, anything to do with the World Cup in this topic!

Supporting Germany, England and a bit of France, in that order. Its a shame Ballack's out, I guess Chelsea players are jinxed. Drogba was injured in the practice the other day and the thing with Terry.

The First match was pretty good, Missed the opening and bout 28 mins of it. Bout and hour and half to go for France Vs. Uruguay?

Dunno what I will do if we lose to the fucking USA today. That would just be ridiculous, and frankly, if that happens, we don't even deserve to be in the World Cup. Football is our game, we invented it... if we get beaten by a country in which football isn't even popular... then... yeah... :/

So, England better make me proud to be English today :D

• Like 1

Dunno what I will do if we lose to the fucking USA today. That would just be ridiculous, and frankly, if that happens, we don't even deserve to be in the World Cup. Football is our game, we invented it... if we get beaten by a country in which football isn't even popular... then... yeah... :/

So, England better make me proud to be English today :D

Yeah, you guys invented it, so you deserve the spoils of being the first.

Obviously rooting for the USA...Expecting a knockout in the quarterfinals, but realistically wanting the semifinals...

That tie with England was something else. Green is an idiot, but I will give him credit for that stop on Altidore, I almost crapped myself when Altidore broke away. I was also surprised at Rooney being shutout for most of the game, but those last 15 minutes he really turned it on.

But let's be honest guys, who is going to win? I mean, I want your obvious picks (Brazil, Spain, England) but let's throw a darkhorse in too.

Obvious Pick: Spain

Darkhorse: Netherlands/Ivory Coast (if they get Drogba back, if not, never mind)

Netherlands played their first match today.. Didn't think is was all that great. Rather boring in fact, but who knows... they surprised me last time, two years back, when they beat Italy and France.

A bit weird though.. every single time they scored today, I wasn't looking. Either staring at my foot, getting myself something to drink or just not paying attention. Oh well.. :P