how to ruin a great game by rockstar games

im 38...have played video games since they were invented and am a very good player...but after 2 months of frusteration i have returned my copy of episodes from liberty city..shame too it was fun until i had to fly a helicopter in the sexy time mission....with no training in game no instructions and the worst control setup imaginable (and yes i tweaked and changed buttons and camera views) and after (i counted ) 127 attempts and making no progress i have had it....why place so difficult a mission first?it was bad ewnough the yacht was seemingly made out of adamantium but to chase 3 tiny boats hovering an inch above the water wihout crashing in an unflyable machineis CRAP...LAME rock star BOOOOOO....im sure it seemed easy after months of testing but to go to the apartment steal the boat shoot hte boat then the little boats and have to redo that entire sequence is piss poor at best BOOOOO rock star...and read around the net im not the only one with this complaint its VERY prominent everyone thinks it sucks so pay attention BOOOOOO...what a lame let down i recommend avoiding this piece of crap at all costs BOOOO

gmm

• Like 1

Yeah, you've got a good point there, it was hard for me too when it came to destroying those small boats, especially with the controller. It took a while, but I still managed to do it in the first shot, not in 120+ attempts. -.-

• 4 months later...

It is a hard mission. Especially since the copter has no crosshairs or aiming reticule. But once you get a feel for it and fly in First Person mode it's quite doable. Took out the yacht on first try though i was about to crash into it and was saved by cutscene. The 3 boats took me a lot of tries. But then i was patient and got the feel for it I took them out with the machine gun. It takes barely any hits. Just have to be patient, and not overly agressive and fly into the water. Aiming downwards makes the copters speed increase dramatically that is why patience is so badly needed. If you have no clue on flying a copter then this is going to feel impossible. Fixed mounted weapons on a copter seem somewhat primitive but it's still fun and forces you to become a competent copter pilot.

But to say the game is no good?... the mission isn't even necessary. After you fail you call up the guy who gave you the mission and he pretty much says: it's too bad but what can you do. He isn't even upset and you can continue on. Knowing that copter combat is not one of your skills yet. If you are too stubborn to admit you are not good at an aspect of the game. And also too stuborn to just go on to the next mission with the knowledge you failed something. Then it is your own fault. I'm 25 and have many years of gaming too, I understand the need to complete the challenge but after so many tries if you decide to give up you shouldn't blame the game for being too hard. At least in this instance... you can skip the level.

I agree, the controls suck, especially om the PC version. But all the missions in TBOGT are incredibly easy so I'm guessing you're just here to troll.

If you hate GTA and Rockstar so much you can always join the other losers in World of Warfags or whatever it was called. I hear it's for ages 35 and up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I too had great difficulty with the 'Sexy Time' mission and it quickly turned an otherwise fun game into a chore. The fun quickly evaporated. Sadly, it wasn't due to lack of training either, as I consider myself pretty proficient with the helicopters in the GTA4 series. Instead, it was due to the boats and arms dealers simply not dying, even after multiple rocket and machine gun direct hits.

I have read "walkthroughs" and watched videos on youtube of that mission and every single one of them said or demonstrated that 3 or 4 rocket hits would sink the yacht and a quick burst of machine gun fire would sink each of the three boats carrying the arms dealers. However, that simply wasn't the case for the game that I have and apparently the same game that you have.

It took me around 10 hours of monotonous gameplay to finally pass that mission. Instead of three direct rocket hits on the yacht, it would take 20+ before it sank. With that being said, the yacht was the easiest part. On the boats carrying the arms dealers, each one took around 12 direct rocket hits and more machine gun ammo than what a real chopper could ever imagine to carry. Then, when the boats don't sink because they took an impressive amount of gunfire and rockets, the arms dealers flee on foot, which is the absolute hardest part, without a doubt. Each person -on foot- can take at least 100 rounds of machine gun fire and 5-10 rockets each before they die. What's more, there are a bunch of them.

I would have to agree with the original poster, Rockstar sure did screw up on this one. It kind of ruined the whole game. As I said earlier, the fun quickly dissapated and set a tone for the rest of the game that simply doesn't seem to shake.

With that being said, this isn't my only gripe or the even the major dissapointment with this game, at least for me. The major dissapointment is the lack of polish and apparent glitches in the game, which surprises me because Red Dead Redemption was such an outstanding game. All too often, "L" or even "Niko" fails to respond to button presses or does the exact opposite of the command, opting instead to either take cover, fail to take cover and collect bullets like a magnet. It's not my console either, as every single other game seems to work perfectly.

Another thing and one of the biggest problems for me, is that there is a glitch or something, where I'm not getting weapon spawns after completing 10+ drug wars, nor did I recieve a trophy after 15 (and no, I haven't used any cheats).

All in all, I'm very dissapointed in this game and it appears as if Rockstar has certainly dropped the ball here, sadly. I'm wondering if this is just a PS3 problem, as you can clearly see videos on youtube of gamers quickly and easily completeing the mission 'Sexy Time', where a quick burst of machine gun fire takes out those boats.

Oh well, I'll be more cautious before spending my money on a game just because the same publisher has put out other excellent titles.

• 1 month later...

The mission wasn't that bad. Just practice with the helicopter for a bit. Start off by shooting down other copters with your mounted guns and missiles to get the feel of the vehicle and until you're confortable with it.

Then use traffic for extra target practice. I suggest taxi's as they're easy to spot and are numerous, and because they always crash into my cars at my parking spots.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...