PS3 problem

The Bossman

Right, let me give you an overview of what happened. I was loading up COD4 for like the 4th time in a row, because my internet was lagging really badly and I had to keep resetting. I had an error message I had never seen before, and I can't remember it either. Then I had another error, wouldn't let me connect to Activision matchmaking. Eventually I signed in, but all my friends are offline, their avatars don't load and it doesn't say when they were last active. Just a red cross next to all of them, and a 0 for the amount of people online which is a lie. I think I know the solution and will try it tomorrow on a new account, but just want to check if it's happened to anyone here. I was told to delete the account, make a new one and transfer the PSN details over. I've backed up all my saves, will I lose the trophies if I delete that account? I'm wary of doing it. Tomorrow I'll play a game to get one trophy, then delete it, make a new acc, transfer the details and will see if I can just resync the account to get that trophy back. If it works, then there's no problem at all really. Just putting this out there to see the responses.