Darkel

STRIKER

I recently found out that there was a character in gta 3, Darkel, who was only in early releases of the game. Check the Credits under characters voices he's there. Also apparently this is why Donald love vanished as originally you were supposed to kill him. So I was wonderin if anyone else had any info on him?

Darkel was a bum-terrorist in GTA3 that lived in the tunnel near 8-Ball's in Portland. In one of the missions for him, you were suppose to fly the Full-Winged dodo into the love media building, but this was a recreation of the 9/11 attacks. Thus, R* removed Darkel and the full-winged Dodo so no one can recreate the 9/11 attacks.

Things that were removed

Darkel (removed)

Curtly (removed)

Blue and white cop car (now black and white)

Full Winged dodo (auctually, it is files changed)

That is all i know of.

NOTE: The Dodo is hard to fly because of the flying files, not because it has clipped wings. IF you havent noticed, put the All cars fly cheat in Vice City and the cars in the air handle like the skimmer. Put the all cars fly cheat in San Andreas and they will handle like the planes.

I recently found out that there was a character in gta 3, Darkel, who was only in early releases of the game. Check the Credits under characters voices he's there. Also apparently this is why Donald love vanished as originally you were supposed to kill him. So I was wonderin if anyone else had any info on him?

so in light of this new information, can anyone tell me anything about curtly??

• 1 year later...

i just spent 2 day reading all the internet has on DARKEL and found he was a bum terrorist i just finished useing the origional DARKEL gives you rampage and DARKEL is an acranmy for his hitlist info to rewrite 6 made up missions based on this info it is as close to the origional plan as i could get but if you are interested in them email me at [email protected] and i will copy them at send them to you

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
They would've got sued if they put that mission in and it did make sense to take it out. Though i dont think it was based on 9/11 attacks becasue they created teh game pre 9/11 but probably thought the mission would've offended all of America

Was any form of the game relesed before the 9/11 attacks ?

Not a need for a bump, but I'll answer the question anyhow, it was planned for release after the attacks, however the games development was finished far earlier then that, they didn't make the missions because of the attacks. They were removed after wards because obviously it wouldn't (and still wouldn't) be acceptable.

Not a need for a bump, but I'll answer the question anyhow, it was planned for release after the attacks, however the games development was finished far earlier then that, they didn't make the missions because of the attacks. They were removed after wards because obviously it wouldn't (and still wouldn't) be acceptable.

Is there any mods that put his missions back in the game

Nope, it's different then Hot Coffee, they took it out all together and changed the missions around it.

Ok who coming to scotland and raid rockstar north for the missing missions.

I'll come, but i need a plane ticket. :D

Curtly was voiced by Curtis McClarin.

Well i never knew. :huh:

Nope, it's different then Hot Coffee, they took it out all together and changed the missions around it.

I need a plane ticket as well <_<

Does anyone have a darkel mod for the pc ?

I also need a plane ticket :P.

i need a train ticket i live in Scotland. The missions got removed because you were to fly a dodo into the Love Media building

thats how you were to kill love. Also it was because of 9/11 attacks in NYC

Yeah, but they were only took out cos of the 9/11 attacks, if they didnt happen, we would of killed DL. Which would of been fun. :P