PS3 GTA 4 Modding

msmith

Hi, some of you may have heard about the PS3 being hacked, it is now possible to dump game data from the blueray disks.

GTA 4 has the same file/directory structure of the PC and I am wondering if it is possible to just open the .img file like in GTA SA.

Any suggestions?

It's very difficult, very expensive and very illegal. Chances are if you're asking these questions, you should leave well alone. If you do go for it, you won't find any support here, sincde most common PS3 hacks/mods enable users to play non original copies of the game, whereas we'd rather you support R* and use genuine software.

There is nothing illegal with this. All files were dumped using my original game disk.

Read your terms and conditions. Accepting then breaking these terms is against the law. Pretty sure it's in there that you can't duplicate or distribute the files therein. Dumping the files onto your PC is duplicating the files. ;)

And again... if you're not even sure which tool to use for opening IMG files, you're probably going to end up running into a lotta problems.

Well you COULD download free games, but then Sony will detect you've got one, or more, for free and will ban you from online, possibly an I.P ban so you can't get on PSN again. Also, even if they don't I.P ban you, their firmware updates will be frequent and will stop your freely downloaded games working. The risk is so much higher than the reward, not worth it.

How hard is to understand that I have purchased the game? I have dumped the files from the ORIGINAL disk.

Now, what can I use to edit .img files?

Not very. Thats why i do understand. How about you undertand that you are violating the terms of service you agree to upon buying the game and that it is a legally punishable and enforcable offense to duplicate the files, wherever you got them from. Buying the game doesn't make duplicating its contents ok. Under any circumstances.

Oh and steam, dmae, damjan, ashhat, whatever you're called this week. Don't encourage him, you know the rules. Thread closed.