Minecraft

Ivan

"Minecraft is a sandbox construction game created by Markus Persson and is currently in pre release alpha. Minecraft development started around the 10th of May 2009, pre-orders for the full game started being accepted on the 13th of June."

"The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes."

Seems like a really awesome game that takes advantage of your creativity and shit, really interesting.

I'll buy it once my PC is fixed but I urge you guys to try out the demo.

Here's where you can buy or play the demo: http://www.minecraft.net/

Lol, I was thinking of making a topic of Minecraft but anyways, this game is just amazing. The game started getting popular after Machinima directors like Seananners started playing it and now it's so popular through word of mouth.

The 'demo' isn't exactly a demo but it's an old, now free version of Minecraft where you can just place blocks and make structures, sprites, etc. So in the paid version you can get a randomly generated world and you have essentially get alot more features such as torches, crafting, tools, mobs, daytime, etc.

Also, the game updates at the least once a month since it is an 'alpha' but it's completely playable.

Sorry if this sounds like a promotion but a lot of people (like me) just fall in love with this game.

So addicting. Cant stop watching youtube videos.

Just finished watching all of his series from episode one to forty-five. I was honestly very suprised at this. Wasnt expecting much going into watching the video, but its awesome. Too bad I never heard of this of the summer. Because I am busy with school, ect at the moment and this would be taking up my a ton of my time, but still very imaginative and entertaining.

So addicting. Cant stop watching youtube videos.

Just finished watching all of his series from episode one to forty-five. I was honestly very suprised at this. Wasnt expecting much going into watching the video, but its awesome. Too bad I never heard of this of the summer. Because I am busy with school, ect at the moment and this would be taking up my a ton of my time, but still very imaginative and entertaining.

Yeah, I started through SeaNanner's videos until I discovered X's videos (the guy you mentioned) and at that point I really became addicted. I honestly don't play it that much but I talk about it way too much. :P

Anyways, I was thinking that we could post pictures of our creations for all to see:

th_screenshot_20100903163422.pngth_screenshot_20100903164757.pngth_screenshot_20100903164400.png

th_screenshot_20100907163852.pngth_screenshot_20100906175445.pngth_screenshot_20100906175431.png

I made the two creations above in my first few days of Minecraft in Minecraft Classic/Creative. They have interiors too. :D

th_alpha2.jpgth_Picture007.jpg

This small mine I made with my friend in an Alpha multiplayer server.

th_awesome-winter-house5.jpgth_awesome-winter-house6.jpg

And this one by myself in Alpha on a snow world.

I haven't made too many awesome things like the first two I made because it really takes time(hours) and dedication. :)

Edited by NotYouHaha