Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Mpilk901

Fooling around with my stormcloak Nord, done a lot of sidequests but I haven't even been to all the major cities, it's incredible how big this game is. I've been using 2 swords/ archer and the combat is quite satisfying.

As far as skills are concerned, I'm really great at speech and lockpick, two skills that have been really useful so far.

I use light armor most of the time but I have found some orcish armor and it's awesome, so I may be changing to heavy.

I only did the first Dark Brotherhood quest and 3 or 4 from the companions, but I've helped Ulfric quite a bit in the civil war quests.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing a Male Nord. Powerful looking type that doesn't want to be fucked with. I've been doing some Thieves Guild quests, and I'm enjoying them. The gear they give you looks pretty epic. The hood in particular. I've also been to the college of Winterhold. Not much of a magic user, but I found their quests to be pretty good. Then I finished the companion quests line and enjoyed it.

Since I'm a Nord and I care for Skyrim (That's my kind of character atm) I joined the Stormcloak and their rebellion against the empire. So far I've got to Solitude and defeated the General. All that's left for me is to finish off Aludin the dragon, and then I'm done. Will have to brush off other quests when I get the time.

Tried it out eventually... half my Steam ''friends'' kept shouting ''OMG U GOTS 2 TRIES SKIRIM IT'S THE BEST GAEM EVAR''. So I did. It's the same buggy ass piece of shit as Fallout 3 and New Vegas if not worse.

Decided to delete it before I got to the BSOD part and have to re-format my PC... f*ck you Bethesda .i.('_') .i.

I used to get lag in Skyrim, then I took an arrow to the knee.

OT: I'm really happy with the game, yeah there are some things which are becomign an issue. Ice and snow look a bit like balls and there's obviously some bugs. I think it's really well put together though and have played a hell of a lot so far. Just waiting for Beth to patch the patch which stops my armour being useful and makes shit fly backwards and I'll be back on it.

For anyone interested I'm playing a dual blades - sword assassin with the nightingale armour. Sneak skill is 99 so bitches dun know bout my presence. Also played with some mods, like the child killing one (they're irritating as fuck, k?), some fletching ones so I can make decent arrows and another which gives the option for unenchanted versions of the nice armours so you can choose your own. Next move is enchanting skill, probably followed by speech so I can rake in the cash.

Do you actually like any game?

I do agree with you a bit. The game is awesome and all, but some of the bugs/ lagging I've seen on some videos are insane. How have they not got someone to fix that shit?

1st question: Yes, but only good ones.

2nd question: Bethesda.

The last 4 posts perplex me. I haven't run into any bugs outside of getting flown into the air from giants(and why would I complain about that). No frame rate issues, nothing. Game runs like a beauty for me.

Try playing with your eyes open.

Playing a One handed Warrior-Mage-Nord(Level 25).

My first character as usual is all over the place cause I can't decide how I want to play. Completed the companions quest line, cleared out a bunch of dungeons and forts and been doing some jobs for the thieves guild and DB(Haven't done any of their main quest other than the ones to join the group)

Its amazing how much time and emotion you can invest in the world and characters, (DB Spoiler)

Killing Narfi has to be the hardest thing I've had to do so far ..and Ive taken on frost trolls at level 8, Got Lydia to do it while I looked the other way. Wasn't able to even return Reydas remains to him. :'(

Oh and Markath is a shithole of a place, Almost everyone is scum.

tl;dr: Don't join the Dark Brotherhood early in the game, Companions are cool enough for the start guild.

Btw Imperials or Storm Cloaks and why?

Edited by EvoLuTioN

Just went through the earlier posts in this thread (Skipped them trying to avoid spoilers), If its not too much of a hassle could you guys mention which faction/Quest line the spoiler is related to and use the hide tags or do what DH did in his post .. would be much appreciated.

So everyone here is a stormcloak Nord then?

@DH: I'm little partial towards the Stormcloaks for similar reasons. Atm yea its Racism Vs. Thalmor Scum.. not sure which one is a bigger deal breaker for me.

I'm gonna explore a bit more before making a decision, Don't want to lock out quests by picking a side too early.

@TM: +1 for the Thieves guild armor being awesome, I used to be a heavy armor guy, then I took an arrow to the knee Now I'm all about the sneaking and Lock picking. The Dark Brotherhood armor on the other hand doesn't suit my character at all, I may give it to Ves when I get her as a companion.

The last 4 posts perplex me. I haven't run into any bugs outside of getting flown into the air from giants(and why would I complain about that). No frame rate issues, nothing. Game runs like a beauty for me.

Try playing with your eyes open.

I closed my eyes while playing and just as I thought, I saw all the game issues, but unfortunately I couldn't see your jaded perspective with my eyes open. Though, I appreciate the bitter post.