GTA SA - Changing Trans Fender Garage Mods

RedHouse

Hi,

GTA SA is the only computer or console game I play. I am always thinking about ways to change it to better suit what I like. One thing that has been bothering me for a long time, is the fact that the Hermes vehicle lacks any fun mods in the Trans Fender shop. I think the Hermes and the Hustler should be modded in the lowrider garage. They are both asking for flame paint jobs like the Broadway, Blade, etc.

So,

Is there a way to mod the Hermes and Hustler in the lowrider garage instead of the regular TF garage?

If not, is there a way to change the modification options for these cars in the regular TF garage?

What I really want is the ability to add a flame paint job to either car where I can change the colors of the base coat and the flames.

I already tried changing the "carmods.dat" file. The cars that can be modified are listed in the file, grouped according to the garage in which they can be modified. I added the Hermes (with the Broadway's list of mods, into the lowrider group. Nothing happened.

Also, one more similar question. In the import garage, there is a wheel called "Shadow," which looks like the vintage 5 spoke wheels on muscle cars. How can I add that wheel to the other garages?

Thanks for any help.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

GTA SA is the only computer or console game I play. I am always thinking about ways to change it to better suit what I like. One thing that has been bothering me for a long time, is the fact that the Hermes vehicle lacks any fun mods in the Trans Fender shop. I think the Hermes and the Hustler should be modded in the lowrider garage. They are both asking for flame paint jobs like the Broadway, Blade, etc.

So,

Is there a way to mod the Hermes and Hustler in the lowrider garage instead of the regular TF garage?

If not, is there a way to change the modification options for these cars in the regular TF garage?

What I really want is the ability to add a flame paint job to either car where I can change the colors of the base coat and the flames.

I already tried changing the "carmods.dat" file. The cars that can be modified are listed in the file, grouped according to the garage in which they can be modified. I added the Hermes (with the Broadway's list of mods, into the lowrider group. Nothing happened.

Also, one more similar question. In the import garage, there is a wheel called "Shadow," which looks like the vintage 5 spoke wheels on muscle cars. How can I add that wheel to the other garages?

Thanks for any help.

Justin

To answer your questions in order:

- No. There is no way to edit the Hermes & Hustler in the Lowrider garage. The only way to do it would take a lot of work and would involve editing in a 3d program and modifying game data files. This is how you would be able to get a flame paint job, etc. - by adding them yourself. My advice is to look for a mod that most closely resembles what you want for each one.

- Again no. The only mods that can be applied to these vehicles are already available in Transfender. Any attempt to change the list of mods would cause a crash! This is because the vehicle models are not set up to accept any other mods. For example, if you wanted to add a spoiler, the model would have to have as part of its hierarchy a special object called a dummy object. It's basically a place-holder that tells the game where on the model to place the mod part. And again, it would take editing in a 3d program to add these objects.

- To make a wheel available in other garages, you must edit the carmods.dat file. At the very end of the file there are 3 lines below the heading 'wheel'. Each line below the heading represents the wheels available at each garage. 0 for Transfender, 1 for Street Racers, 2 for Lowrider. Figure out which wheel the Shadow is and add/edit the lists.

And I just want to end this message by saying,"WOW! I'm really surprised at the number of unanswered posts in this forum. I know it's been awhile since I've posted in here but I'm dumbfounded that there are no other modders to answer these people!".

It's not possible to add any graphics to the Hermes or Hustler because the body of the car is not set up to accept skinning. If you look in the .txd files for those cars you will not see any skin type of texture in there. Those vehicles that can be skinned will have a texture starting with the name 'remap'. Other vehicles that can be somewhat modded will simply have some other type of texture that goes on part of the body. Ones like the Securicar, Raindance and Mule come to mind. This isn't a Transfender type of skinning though. You can't just pull in and swap them with other paint jobs.

As I said before, the only way to get these kinds of vehicles to accept paint jobs is to modify them in a 3d editor like Zmodeler or 3DS-Max. You're much better off to simply find a mod that looks like the original and has the extra features built in. In the case of the Hustler, I found a 34 Ford hotrod (By Mr. G) that looks very close and even has the flame paint job on it. You can even pull in for a re-paint and it will change the flame color in a matching tint too. Don't ask me for the link to it though as this was quite awhile ago - it's out there somewhere though!

Good luck!

Thanks for the help. Fortunately, I found a two sets of awesome, high-poly cars, which include the Diablo Stallion from GTA III and a flame-skinned Hermes that replaces the Feltzer. I also installed an awesome high-poly Hermes. These are by onepiece, who does amazing work.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f4707-hdgtapack1-sa

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f5152-hdgtapack2-sa

I also installed onepiece's great cop car:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f3360-high-polyhd-gta3-police-car-for-san-andreas