Brady Games Stratagy Guide

I was lucky enough to have finals at college the week of the games release, and my mom decided to buy the game for me because of the fact that i was up for 3 days strait. When she went to EB to get the game, the guy behind the counter told her that the stratagy guide would be cheaper if she got it now with the game, and claimed how great it was.

This is in reference to the book that states on the cover:

Exclusively Covers XBOX & PC

This is a load of crap.

I can understand that to make the guide, they probably had to have access to the PS2 version, but, at ANY point in the book, if they say "press this button" that 'button' is a PS2 control. L1, R3, X, ect. A few of the screenshots even show the ps2 button on the shot.

The # system for ANYTHING that you need to collect (such as the Tags in the starting city, or the pictures in san fierro, horseshoes in LV, oysters all around, ect) have NO order to them whatsoever.

Looking at the book for the San Fierro Pictures for instance, # 27 and # 47 are no more then a centimeter apart. Why would they # the book like this where - if you go in order - you travel all across the city to get to the next one? why not just have the #s start in one area, and then work your way around to the last one?

I have already sent an Email to Brady Games concerning this, but, they have to respond. I am wondering if anyone else has gotten the book and noticed this as well, and if they have sent an email to brady games?

I understand the work that goes into a stratagy guide, i have done a couple FAQs in the past, but still, they should have at least edited the book to have the right commands. I have never played the game on the PS2, if it wasnt for the on screen help, i wouldnt know what button R3 equals to on the computer.

:bashhead:

/rant off

sorry for the long post, but, this is a warning to those thinking about the book, keep these things in mind if you are going to get it.

Yes and there is a reason for the flaws in the guide. Brady Games are given a very early beta copy of the game, this is so they can play their way through it and get everything all written up in time for release with the game itself.

If you take a look on the brady games website you will that there are two .pdf's you can download and print out which are replacements for the pages concerning photo-ops etc. which have incorrect information.

At the moment I don't think they have released a PC scpecific strategy guide for the game, they did for GTA3 and Vice City so I'm not sure why they haven't for San Andreas.

Well, this one shows XBOX and PC on the cover, so, i dont think they would make one specifically for PC, but, im still slightly angered that i sent the email to them almost a week and a half ago, and they didnt even alert me that there are pages that i should be downloading. i did check for those, but, didnt see them when i went...

=/ it wont be a "printout" for me though on those pages... ill have to Alt+tab to them... printer isnt a good enough quality for anything other then text. >_< pictures come out all sorts of funky colors.