Looking for Headphones

Ivan

Suppose it depends what kind of music your into, if you like songs with bass in then find some nice bassy headphones, but then that might be annoying for movies if you can't change the EQ.

I'd say to look through customer reviews of a few that you've selected and then make your decision. ALWAYS research what your going to buy otherwise you might regret that you didn't. Too many times that's happened to me.

That pair you posted sound reasonably good though, only 2 real complaints from reviews: one about how the bass is not good enough and one about how they are not built well.

I'd also suggest you bring your iPod or whatever you might use along to a shop and just try out different headphones for yourself rather than judging it by a picture

+1 with regards to acc. trying them out, (try in sotre, buy online) but I bought some senheisser in ear phones cheap from amazon for my iPod and saw the light. The sound is just soo much nicer.

Anyway, I study with a guy who's a DJ and he uses these every day and the quality is just indescribable over the crappy apple ones you get.

I would try out in a store but I suppose I can't buy them there though, prices are insane here. Yeah, I'll check costumer reviews and all that, thanks guys.

I looked into that one Llama and it's got a major price cut, used to £89 and now it's 58. Plus it's got great reviews.

It appears to have 2 "problems" though, a weak bass( or maybe normal ) and some issue with listening at more than 75% volume on your ipod or mp3.

Edited by Ivan

Sorry to hijack your thread but I'm also looking for some decent headphones, in-ear ones actually, for use with iPod/phone/pad since I lost the Apple ones that came with my iPod. Ones with decent bass would be good. Which do you have Llama?

I got a paid of Skullcandy Titans, which sounded nice, but one of the buds stopped working after a few months. Sucks.

Now I just bought a cheap pair.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I'm also looking for some decent headphones, in-ear ones actually, for use with iPod/phone/pad since I lost the Apple ones that came with my iPod. Ones with decent bass would be good. Which do you have Llama?

I've got a pair of these Chris and they handle dubstep pretty well, do very well for sub bass. I'd recommend them but if your planning on running for example with them then I'd look for something else, heard lots of complaints that they fall out occasionally during exercise with a lot of movement.

@Gerard: Yeah I head that about Skullcandy, build quality not so good.

@Matt: My last pair were a Sony, actually I still have them, pretty standard though.

@Llama: Yeah I've been looking at Sennheiser and in fact I'm definitely gonna go with them. I see some CX 500's were brought out after that, but were since discontinued and replaced by CX 400 (weirdly). So yeah I'm looking at these right now. Yes, in white.

Oh and I did look at the CX 880's but I can't justify 50 quid for headphones when I don't use them that much really, most of the time I'm listening to music I'm at home.

I have a great pair I bought from HMV a few months back, a black pair that were £20 in store and made by Phillips. They're in ear and work perfectly fine walking down the street or relaxing at home or wherever. Would recommend them as a backup pair - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=80249 The other ones already mentioned would be FAR better choices than the one I posted, but as a backup they're pretty neat and very comfy in the ears too.

I wound up with a handful of Sonys standard Walkman headsets, they work consistently great, and when I had to choose some quality ones for home use, look no further then Sony Studio Monitor model V6. Dated now, but never loss in quality audio over the time they've been around! Just replace the wire or earpads and your back in business!

As for in the ear type, KOSS' The Plug. With replaceable rubber covers, they are the best in ear I'd say, that I ever used. Try eBay for both. Koss since the Plug was available have replaced them and several other brands jumped on the concept Koss came up with, but you can't go wrong with the original I bought a replacement and use them sparingly

• 2 months later...