Translating TGTAP - Help Needed

Chris

For those of you who aren't aware, The GTA Place gets huge amounts of international traffic. While traffic from English speaking countries is remaining fairly consistent, traffic from numerous non-English ones is rising. Massively.

What we're finding is a large amount of these users only come here for the downloads, then they leave. In an effort to encourage some of these users to hang around a bit longer, I've decided to translate parts of the main website (into as many languages as you guys want).

Of course this is not something I can do myself. "Why not use Google Translate?" You might ask. Well it's nowhere near perfect, not for paragraphs of text where context is not understood. So, I need your help for this. In the second post is a list of the top 30 or so languages we see our visitors using, if you speak ANY of these, please let me know. The second post also contains the text we need translated, so if you like, just post the translations here and I'll get them up as soon as possible.

To anyone who will be providing translations: PLEASE ensure you've used correct spelling and grammar, and, if necessary, the proper alphabet (accents on letters, Cyrillic characters etc.)

Thanks to anyone who provides translation help, we'll give you some sort of translator honour for this :)

• Like 1

These are the most popular languages we're seeing. Do you speak one of these fluently? If so, you may post translations here for us.

Arabic

Bulgarian

Croatian

Czech

Danish

Dutch - done

Estonian

Filipino

Finnish - done

French

German

Greek

Hebrew

Hungarian

Indonesian

Italian

Latvian

Lithuanian

Macedonian - done

Malaysian

Norwegian

Polish

Portuguese - done

Portuguese (Brazilian) - done

Romanian - done

Russian

Serbian

Slovakian

Spanish - done

Swedish

Thai

Turkish

Vietnamese

Don't see your language there? No worries, you can still provide translations for us, just let me know what language you speak and what countries it should be shown to.

Text to translate

NOTES:

- Please leave the following things in English: GTA, The GTA Place, Grand Theft Auto

- Please use correct spelling and grammar, accents on letters if necessary etc.

- Formal or casual? This should be written fairly casually, as if you were talking to a friend.

- Where [language] is used you can write the name of your language, for example Português if you were doing the Portuguese translation.

Returning User

Hey [username]!

Welcome back to The GTA Place, one of the most visited Grand Theft Auto fansites on the web. Here you will find all the latest news, media and information for the GTA games.

Have you visited the forums lately? Why not have a look around and see if you find some interesting topics. You can always post in our international forum where you can speak [language] with other [language] speaking members.

If chatting isn't your thing, how about modifying your PC version of GTA? Head on over to our mod database and see what you can find.

Hello!

Welcome to The GTA Place, one of the most visited Grand Theft Auto fansites on the web. Here you will find all the latest news, media and information for the GTA series.

Have you checked out our forums? New members join everyday looking for a friendly and helpful community to be a part of. The forums have questions, answers, support for all the GTA games, and of course, fun and off-topic general discussion. We also have an international forum where you can speak [language] with other [language] speaking members.

If chatting isn't your thing, how about modifying your PC version of GTA? Head on over to our mod database and see what you can find.

That's all for now. Depending on the number of people we get helping, we'll most likely also translate the download database text, maybe some other things as well.

Thanks!

Here's the Translation for Brazilian Portuguese:

Returning User

Ei, [username]!

Bem-Vindo de volta ao The GTA Place, um dos mais visitados fansites de Grand Theft Auto da web. Aqui você encontrará as últimas notícias, mídia e informações sobre os jogos da série GTA.

Você tem visitado o fórum ultimamente? Por que não dá uma olhada e vê se encontra algum tópico interessante?

Se conversar não é seu ponto forte, que tal modificar sua versão para PC de algum GTA? Vá para a seção de modificações e veja o que você pode encontrar.

Olá!

Bem-Vindo ao The GTA Place, um dos mais visitados fansites de Grand Theft Auto da web. Aqui você encontrará as últimas notícias, mídia e informações sobre os jogos da série GTA.

Você já deu uma olhada no nosso fórum? Novos membros se registram todos os dias procurando por uma amigável e prestativa comunidade para participar. O fórum tem perguntas, respostas, suporte para todos os GTAs, e é claro, diversão e discussões fora do contexto principal.

Se conversar não é seu ponto forte, que tal modificar sua versão para PC de algum GTA? Vá para a seção de modificações e veja o que você pode encontrar.

Edited by Miles Pedro Prower

Alright, the updated ones:

Returning User:

Ei [username]!

Bem-Vindo de volta ao The GTA Place, um dos mais visitados fansites de Grand Theft Auto da web. Aqui você encontrará todas as últimas notícias, mídia e informações sobre os jogos da série GTA.

Você tem visitado o fórum ultimamente? Por que não dá uma olhada e vê se encontra algum tópico interessante? Você pode sempre postar no nosso Fórum Internacional, onde você pode falar [language] com outros membros do seu país.

Guest:

Olá!

Bem-Vindo ao The GTA Place, um dos mais visitados fansites de Grand Theft Auto da web. Aqui você encontrará as últimas notícias, mídia e informações sobre os jogos da série GTA.

Você já deu uma olhada no nosso fórum? Novos membros se registram todos os dias procurando por uma amigável e prestativa comunidade para participar. O fórum tem perguntas, respostas, suporte para todos os GTAs, e é claro, diversão e discussões fora do contexto principal. Nós também temos um Fórum Internacional, onde você pode falar [language] com outros membros do seu país.

By the way, the word "Portuguese" in Portuguese is Português :)

Returning user Version.

नमस्ते [username]

The GTA Place पर वापस स्वागत है, जो Grand Theft auto में उत्तम साइटों है इंटरनेट पर. यहाँ आप पाएंगे सभी ताजा खबर, मीडिया और जानकारी GTA games के बारे में.

हाल ही में forums पर गये है? जाओ और देखो अगर वहाँ पर तुमे कुछ दिलचस्प विषय मिले तो. आप हमारे अंतरराष्ट्रीय forum पर भी पोस्ट कर सकते हैं और अन्य हिन्दी बोलने सदस्य से हिन्दी में बात कर सकते हैं.

अगर आप चैट नहीं करना चाहते, अपने GTA की Pc version को modify कर भी सकते हैं. हमारे mod database में जाओ और देखो आप क्या पा सकते हैं.

Used my elite hindi skills and Google translate for the text. Will do the Guest version in a bit.

Edited by EvoLuTioN

Returning User

Hei [username]!

Tervetuloa takaisin The GTA Place:n sivuille, yhdelle vierailluimmista Grand Theft Auto fanisivuista verkossa. Täältä löydät uusimmat uutiset, tiedostot ja ohjeita GTA peleihin.

Oletko vieraillut keskustelupalstalla viimeaikoina? Katsele sivustoa, saatat löytää kiinnostavia keskustelu-aiheita. Voit aina kirjoittaa meidän kansaiväliselle keskustelupalstalle, missä voit puhua Suomea muiden suomalaisten kanssa.

Jos keskustelu ei ole sinun juttu, kiinnostaisiko GTA:n PC version modaus? Vieraile meidän modaus osiolla ja katso mitä löytyy.

Terve!

Tervetuloa The GTA Place:n sivuille, yhdelle vierailluimmista Grand Theft Auto fanisivuista verkossa. Täältä löydät uusimmat uutiset, tiedostot ja ohjeita GTA peleihin.

Oletko nähnyt keskustelupalstaamme? Uusia jäseniä liittyy joka päivä etsien avuliasta ja auttaavaa yhteisöä, jossa voi olla mukana. Keskustelupalstalla on kysymyksiä, vastauksia ja ohjeita kaikkiin GTA peleihin, ja tietenkin hupi ja aiheesta poikkeava yleinen keskustelu. Meillä on myös kansainvälinen palsta, jossa voit puhua Suomea muiden suomalaisten kanssa.

Jos keskustelu ei ole sinun juttu, kiinnostaisiko GTA:n PC version modaus? Vieraile meidän modaus osiolla ja katso mitä löytyy.

Finland

Thanks guys I'll have these languages up shortly. It would be helpful if you could guys could underline the words for the links though, especially for the non Latin or Germanic based languages since I can't even guess them, Finnish looks crazy!

@Evo: Google Translate? Is that reliable though, it all makes sense? Also can you write "Hindi" in Hindi where [language] is please :)

@little_homer: Using Google Translate for this but can you confirm Keskustelupalstalla = forums, kansainvälinen palsta = international forum, modaus osiolla = mod database? Because I need to know what to link :P

@Samil, Miles: LOL, I wish I knew enough to translate it myself. But no, I'm asking kokane since she's helped me with learning some stuff already. But I seem to have quite a few Romanian friends so it's no problem finding someone to translate :P

@Ivan: Thanks, Portugal is fairly high on the list so this would be useful.

@Evo: lol ok thanks. This is ridiculous to write btw, I have to put in all the HTML entities instead of the actual "letters" or whatever you call them. Look at the source code of your post to see what I mean, luckily I can just copy and paste that :lol:

@little_homer: Ok great, thanks. If you look on the homepage now do you see the Finnish text? I'm currently doing this by IP address so it should detect you're in Finland - not always 100% reliable though.

@Samil: You can do the Romanian one if you want, kokane is kinda busy lol.

Sure thing, here's the translation:

Returning User

Salut [username]!

Bine ai revenit pe The GTA Place, unul din cele mai vizitate site-uri pentru fanii Grand Theft Auto de pe web.Aici poți găsi toate știrile noi, media si informații despre seriile GTA.

Ai vizitat forumul recent? De ce nu arunci o privire pe aici să vezi dacă găsești vreun topic interesant. Poți oricând sa postezi în forumul nostru internațional unde poți vorbi în limba română cu alți membri care vorbesc limba română.

Dacă chat-ul nu este punctul tău forte, ce zici de a-ți modifica versiunea de PC a GTA? Du-te la baza noastră de date cu moduri să vezi ce poți găsi.

Salut!

Bine ai venit pe The GTA Place, unul din cele mai vizitate site-uri pentru fanii Grand Theft Auto de pe web. Aici poți găsi toate știrile noi, media și informații despre seriile GTA.

Ai vizitat forumul? În fiecare zi primim noi membri care sunt în căutarea unei comunități prietenoase si ajutătoare din care să facă parte. Forumul are întrebări, răspunsuri, suport pentru fiecare joc GTA, și desigur, discuții off-topic și amuzante. Avem și un forum internațional în care poți vorbi în limba română cu alți membri ce vorbesc în limba română.

Dacă chat-ul nu este punctul tău forte, ce zici de a-ți modifica versiunea de PC a GTA? Du-te la baza noastră de date cu moduri să vezi ce poți găsi.

Hope I have no mistakes lol.

Edited by Samil

Damn fuck you Ivan :P But here goes the returning user one:

Olá [username]!

Bem vindo de volta ao TheGTAPlace, um dos fansites de Grand Theft Auto mais visitados da web. Aqui irás encontrar todas as últimas notícias, vídeos, imagens e informação sobre GTA.

Tens visitado os fóruns ultimamente? Porque não dar uma olhadela e ver se encontras alguns tópicos interessantes. Podes postar no nosso fórum internacional onde podes falar Português com outros membros Portugueses.

Se falar não é o teu estilo, que tal modificar a versão PC do GTA 4? Vem à nossa base de dados de modificações e vê o que podes encontrar.

Written in informal "you". Links somehow disappeared :o

Edited by Spider-Vice

Постоечки корисник

Еј[username]!

Добредојде на The GTA Place, една од најпосетените GTA фансајтови на интернетот.Тука можеш да ги најдеш најновите вести околу GTA игрите.

Дали сте го посетиле форумот скоро?Погледнете го и може ќе најдете некои интересни теми.Вие секогаш може да постирате во нашиот интернационален форум каде што може да зборувате [Mакедонски] со други луѓе што зборуваат [Mакедонски]

Ако не сакате многу многу да зборувате, како би звучело да си ја модифицирате вашата GTA?Повелете на нашата база за модови и видете што можете да најдете.[/code]

Гостин

Добредојде на The GTA Place, една од најпосетените GTA фансајтови на интернетот.Тука можеш да ги најдеш најновите вести околу GTA игрите.

Дали сте го посетиле нашиот форум?Нови корисници ни се придружуваат секојдневно барајќи добра заедница во која и тие може да се вклучат и да помогнат.Форумот има прашања, одговори и поддршка за сите GTA игри, и се разбира, забава во другите форуми кои не се однесуваат стриктно за GTA.Исто така имаме и интернационален форум каде што може да зборите [Македонски] со други луѓе.

Ако не сакате многу многу да зборувате, како би звучело да си ја модифицирате вашата GTA?Повелете на нашата база за модови и видете што можете да најдете.

If you want I can translate the rest of the forum if you aren't into changing it.

Edited by Damjan

There you go, the Guest one.

Olá!

Bem vindo de ao TheGTAPlace, um dos fansites de Grand Theft Auto mais visitados da web. Aqui irás encontrar todas as últimas notícias, vídeos, imagens e informação sobre GTA.

Já foste ao fórum? Novos membros inscrevem-se todos os dias à procura de uma comunidade amigável e sempre disposta a ajudar. Os fóruns têm perguntas, respostas, suporte a todos os jogos GTA e claro, discussão para divertir e apenas off-topic em geral. Também temos um fórum internacional onde podes falar Português com outros membros Portugueses.

Se falar não é o teu estilo, que tal modificar a versão PC do GTA 4? Vem à nossa base de dados de modificações e vê o que podes encontrar.

Links missing again :S

Edited by Spider-Vice

Thanks SV.

@Evo: Don't worry about the other Hindi translation. Was looking at Analytics a bit more this evening and I saw that almost 100% of Indians are using US or UK English. Barely any at all are using Hindi or any other language. Seems pretty pointless to do any Hindi translations if no one will use it.