R* Hacked?

JustADummy

A member at [removed] registered and gave lots of information about Max Payne 3 and a "threat" that if R* didn't announce V, the guy would leak details himself. All the topics he made, including the proofs one made by another member were deleted but the links are [removed] and inside there's a zip file download with doc files and excel sheets.

It does seem real, looks pretty professional and I don't think someone would spend all his time doing excel sheets and writing documents about Euphoria and all the type of coding. He also referred two cities would be revisited..

Edited by Gerard
Removed links

Yeah, I saw this last night.

I mean he could have made up all that (aka he has a lot of time on his hands) or hes legit. I doubt hes got any solid info on GTA V though.

He also mentions that a city outside of USA would be revisited for the NGP (Obviously london) and Rockstar is on the list as a Developer for the NGP. And a city (in the USA) would be revisited for the consoles.

Personally I'm hoping its San Andreas. I mean we've been to Vice City in Two games already. Liberty City quite a bit already.

Meh, I doubt anything will happen. As we know well enough, R* don't comment on "rumour and speculation" so there will never been any comment on whether the "leaked" info is true or fabricated. Also it's supposed to be development stuff... chances are this sort of thing will change so it'll become irrelevant then.

To be fair Rockstar rarely comment on anything, as it should be. But them not giving any details about any game (except Mafia 3.. I meant LA Noir(e) sorry) is getting annoying...

If they get hacked plz leak everything you can Mr Hax0r thx.

To be fair Rockstar rarely comment on anything, as it should be. But them not giving any details about any game (except Mafia 3.. I meant LA Noir(e) sorry) is getting annoying...

If they get hacked plz leak everything you can Mr Hax0r thx.

No. Hacking really doesn't solve any problems. It's more likely to devalue what they've done, and if their systems are insecure someone might cause them damage or cost them a serious amount of money, which is money that would otherwise go towards making a better game.

Of course they will make more GTA games, so stop worrying. Knowing which city it's going to be set in, a year or two before release, doesn't really make a difference. Yes, it'd be nice to know, and it'd help the community to know where we stand, but it's not worth destroying them over.

I know they are working on a new GTA game (they better be) but I can't stop thinking that they only started working on it recently (like in the last few months) and that it won't come to PC. Or come to PC broken like GTA IV.

I haven't lost my faith in Rockstar but... they could at least give us a damn title.

Edited by TUN3R

• 9 months later...

Rockstar games have gave us a title. The title is "Grand Theft Auto V". Also, presuming that Rockstar releases Grand Theft Auto V in 2012 (this year), it would mean that Rockstar Games is already half-finished with GTA V. Also, GTA V will DEFINITELY be released on PC. PC is the most owned platform, and releasing GTA V on PC means more people can play it, so therefore more people will buy GTA V instead of consoles, and that means Rockstar will earn fans, reputation and money.

Rockstar games have gave us a title. The title is "Grand Theft Auto V". Also, presuming that Rockstar releases Grand Theft Auto V in 2012 (this year), it would mean that Rockstar Games is already half-finished with GTA V. Also, GTA V will DEFINITELY be released on PC. PC is the most owned platform, and releasing GTA V on PC means more people can play it, so therefore more people will buy GTA V instead of consoles, and that means Rockstar will earn fans, reputation and money.

Do you not check dates on posts? That was from April 2011, and he was pretty much right at the time.

There's no "definite" with anything. Whilst more people have PCs, that doesn't mean they game on them. 'Most' people don't have a PC as powerful as a games console - in fact these days you can get away with a cheap+nasty laptop, netbook or iPad even, a lot of people don't need a PC any more.

Sure, in all probability it will come to PC, but I'd say the reasons for that are for the extra capability (modding) and it's more than likely going to be a Steam game.

Don't forget that there's extra money in consoles - the manufacturers pay developers for exclusivity, which is why PC releases are often last.

I expect Xbox, Microsoft have the cash and the profit to do that sort of thing. Then again, most people already have xboxes so there's no *need* for them to have an exclusive, it would just be *nice* for people to not buy PS3s and end up buying PS3 games and points and stuff instead of buying stuff for xbox. DLC exclusive would be very good, though.

If Sony got it, it would be very very good for them - it would be a reason for everyone to get a PS3. The only issue is that this generation of consoles is getting old (even with the refreshes) so people aren't that likely to go buy the other one unless it was very cheap. In these difficult times, they're more likely to save up for a new PC that can last a long time, an iPad, or wait for a new generation of consoles.

It's entirely a matter of opinion. You can try to compare the two all day long, but it doesn't matter what you use as the criteria, they both have their strengths. I don't own a 360, but I've played it plenty of times. I love the controller, it's so smooth and comfortable. It's quite an improvement over the last Xbox controller. The PS3 controller is not much different than the PS2 controller, except it has triggers and tilt-sensors. I got a PS3 for Christmas, and really, I'm rather more pleased with it than I thought I'd be.

Well GTA was exclusive to playstation so it would be abit of a piss take if they didn't realise it for both platforms. Although it will be on both platforms for sure, and hopefully PC

I agree with you. I reckon that GTA V will be released on all three platforms, although I am not sure if the PSP or Nintendo DS will host any GTA V Era games.