SAW II

Masked Marauder

S.A.W. II - San Andreas Women Conversion.

After a bit of a hiatus from modding, I am finally getting back to the second version of SAW. This mod converts the hotter females from San Andreas to Vice City. Even though the meshes from SA are kind of a mess I prefer the textures over VC any day. I have always had the impression that most of the VC females have kind of a cartoon clown look to them and the ones from SA are much more realistic. Some of these models were included in my mod S.A.W. 1.33 Manual Addon, but they are being redone as well.

This conversion is lot of work, an awful lot of work. Rather than keep at it nonstop like I usually do until I get sick of working at it, I am now attempting to pace the progress a little slower. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible for me to pick up where I left off the last time and salvage any nearly completed models so I have started over from scratch.

All female characters will have a completely reworked mesh with higher definition and less "mess". They will also have much better curves... in all of the right places. You can not really appreciate how non-sexy the default models are until you have opened them up in a 3D editor.

The conversion process involves re-rigging, adjusting and rotating some of the bones, removing duplicate vertexes, some texture editing, subdividing and smoothing the faces, reshaping the meshes, reassigning vertex groups, centering, positioning, testing, and whatever else comes to mind.

So I started this topic to show what I have finished or nearly finished so far and to get feedback, input, suggestions, etc from anyone who wished to bother.

Many thanks to those of you who do.

Just to be clear, the game default models are on the left in the screen shots. The reworked ones are on the right.

Masked Marauder

Edited by Masked Marauder

SA HFYBE > VC hfybe

Probably the most famous... basketballs in GTA, until IV at least. She is always one of the first characters that I attempt to convert for some reason.

Anyway the default model has her with kind of a tank ass in my opinion and not a very trim waist. Plus her right boob is kind of deflated on one side. So I chopped it off, duplicated and mirrored the left one, and replaced it. Never liked the two ponytail thing either, although I am sure that they have... uses. Put her shades on her bikini top string as kind of an attention grabbing thing, although sporting pumpkins that big she probably does not need it - especially with the CWIs that I added.

hfybe01w4s_th.jpg

hfybe025j5_th.jpg

hfybe03h6t_th.jpg

• Like 1

VC Cut Scene Mercedes 2 > VC ?

Dug up this high definition ultra-mega super-duper curvaceous overhaul of a cut-scene Mercedes model. Not sure if I should include this one with this mod or with a different one. I am thinking that this model is shapely enough to rival Candy Suxxx.

This model has had EVERYTHING redone. I abandoned it for a while because I thought that I overdid it with subdividing the faces and her upper body did not twist around very nicely without making a mess. Now that I am brave enough to reposition bones and joints without screwing up the entire mesh she is much much better now.

If I remember correctly, I gave her different a different skin texture from another model. Unfortunately her face does not match the greatest, I will still work at that. I really want to remove the darker colors that make her look like she has five o'clock shadow or something.

Her dress is shorter, skimpier, and it looks like she put it on with a paint roller. It really hugs her form I guess.

Redid her hair to appear a bit more... well, less like a mushroom cap or something. Spiked her heels a bit more. I believe that I touched up the texture as well; such as her lips, eyebrows, fingernails, stockings, and some other things.

Yup, a lot work to overhaul a Mercedes.

Mercedes201ulk_th.jpg

Mercedes202blb_th.jpg

Mercedes2037di_th.jpg

• Like 1

VC Cut Scene Mercedes > ?

Okay, maybe it was THIS cut scene model of Mercedes that had the vertex grouping/bone alignment all screwed up; I can not remember. Either way, they have both been re-redone.

The default model was another example of the folks at R* thinking that belly buttons and boobs are only three inches apart. Well, maybe sometimes they ARE, but not with my models.

Redid that circus tent skirt of hers, redid her hair, added that '80s style hanging belt thing, skimpified her clothes a bit, gave her a much higher polygon count (default: 138Kb, mine: 744Kb), smoothed the faces, repositioned the bones, and opened her mouth ever so slightly. Did some retexturing and remapping, like her funked up eyebrows, and probably some other things that I can not remember.

I am really glad that I was able to pick up wherever I had left off and salvage this one.

Mercedes016s9_th.jpg

Mercedes02g6t_th.jpg

Mercedes03gp5_th.jpg

• Like 1

SA vwfypro > VC wfypr

This is one that I do not think that I ever uploaded anywhere, partially because that fur coat thing was a pain in the ass to work with and partially because I was never sure what to do with her to make her a bit more sexy. Gave this little number a bit more exposure up front. Smoothed out the lumpiness in the model. Turned out fairly well I think, but have not tried her out in the game yet.

wfypr01hjx_th.jpg

wfypr02u0o_th.jpg

wfypr03k58_th.jpg

• Like 2

The default models haha. I know the game was old and it takes place in the 1980s but shes ugly as shit! It just makes me laugh when shes supposed to be all sexy and stuff when I see the cut scenes in the game. But anyways you did do a good job on this.

• Like 1

Okay. That's what I thought, but did not want to be presumptuous. Just checking. Glad that you like.

Yeah, I agree. Mercedes was okay in Vice City considering the gaming technology available at that time. The real proof of how "crude" the models actually are is when they are opened in a 3D editor. Even the models of Candy Suxxx, arguably the hottest female in the game, look borderline "silly" when viewed in an editor.

Which, I suppose, is why I have taken upon myself the arduous task of "hottening" them up for those of us who still like to stomp around in Vice City.

Keep in mind though that this topic is more of a review/feedback type of thing. None of the ones shown here are available for download... yet, just the ones in my previous mod versions. These will be the best; hopefully there will still be enough interest around to make it seem worthwhile.

Thanks for your input. MM

SA hfypro > VC HFYMD

This little number did not need as much of a radical overhaul as some of the others did.  Just skimpied up her clothes a bit, curvied up her curves slightly, and tidied up the mesh. Did not notice until now that she probably has the most revealing "southern exposure" that I have done so far. Gots to keep things... interesting I guess.

HFYMD0198e_th.jpg

HFYMD02t7i_th.jpg

HFYMD03aq0_th.jpg

• Like 1

This poor gal was the subject of the thread: "WTF is this is? who the fuck is this ped??" There are actually two of these buried in the IMG archive that are practically identical to each other. About all that I can figure is that she was a beta model, an abandoned character, or a test model; perhaps all of the above. Needless to say, she was nothing short of a mangled mess.

I had attempted to redo this model a few times back in my less experienced days of 3D model editing, but I did not have what it took to make her salvageable. I have now successfully resurrected her from obscurity and given her pretty much an extreme makeover.

I can not think of anything that I did NOT redo with this character. The most distinct difference between the new model and the default one is that I chose to retexture her clothes and turn that mumu looking thing into a short skirt and top. Unfortunately the new areas of skin look sort of plain and flat, and she does not have a belly button yet, but I still like it better than before. What exactly I will do with her I am not yet sure.

VC jzgirla > VC ?

jzgrla01ypq_th.jpg

jzgrla02iwu_th.jpg

jzgrla035pd_th.jpg

• Like 1

SA wfyburg > VC burger

Quite possibly one of the least cared about females from San Andreas... unless you are starving to death. I felt compelled to replace the food dude in Vice City with her, despite the fact that the audio is all wrong. It's all about the eye appeal anyway, right?

The people at Rockstar did a bang up job of making this gal look like she ate more burgers than she sold. I had to thin down the entire body - even her head, hands, and feet. The before and after screen shots are probably the most dramatic makeover pics thus far, even though I have not even increased the poly count yet. Almost all of the bones for this model will have to be repositioned which is always a fun filled task. I am liking the new hair, but I am not sure if it will remain as it is.

"Which delicious meal would sir like?"

"Ummm, just a minute- I'm not sure. The left one? No, the right one. Geez, I don't know... I'll have both!"

burger01nzd_th.jpg

burger029kp_th.jpg

burger03rha_th.jpg

• Like 1

Some nice work here

Will be looking for the release

Well thank you. I am thinking that I should put the finishing touches on what I have nearly completed thus far and get them available because it will take far too long to get all of the characters converted that I would like to for one single mod. Have to see how it plays out I guess. Cheers.

SA Shfypro > VC wfyg2

Ah yes, this little tasty treat. Pretty much the same mesh as SA Shfypro; however, I can not bring myself to "cheat" and just retexture the same one again so I redid her from scratch. Edited her skirt/pelvis in a slightly different way than I would normally do with end result turning out okay, despite a bit of clipping. All of the usual enhancements but with no texture editing necessary. I had about 3 or 4 unfinished attempts at her but did not want to make the effort to try and salvage any of them, despite the fact that some of them looked pretty damn good. Oh well. Every restart progresses differently and almost always culminates with better results than previous efforts. Her legs ended up a little thin I think, but I have not decided yet if I should try to thicken them up a little or just leave them as they are because they really are not that bad.

wfyg201hjz_th.jpg

wfyg202d9y_th.jpg

wfyg2035n3_th.jpg

• Like 1

SA bettina > VC ?

Okay. I always get a kick out of finding new female models to tinker with and I dug up this gal(?) a couple of days ago from the San Andreas cut scene IMG archive and had no recollection of who she was. Truth be told, I wasn't exactly sure if she is a she, if you know what I mean. The default model is actually kinda scary looking really. Anyway, a quick google search turned up that she is one of Jizzy's bitches from the Pleasure Dome missions.

This is another one of those major Masked Marauder Makeovers. Because it is a cut scene model, the mesh was actually very clean and detailed for a change and there was not much texture image editing involved. Probably the biggest challenge was in transforming her from being quite "bottom heavy" and beefy looking to more "top heavy" and trim, if you know what I mean. Had to get those curvy vertexes in the right places, so to speak. She kind of reminds me a lot of one of the Mercedes models from Vice City actually.

Too bad that there are only 3 "ladies of the evening" in Vice city because I am going to have a lot to choose from when this mod is finally finished (whenever that is).

bettina01qwt_th.jpg

bettina02e4h_th.jpg

bettina03b1m_th.jpg

• Like 1

SA csho > VC BFYPR

I am not positive, but I believe that this number also had the distinction of being one of Jizzy's "bitches". In the 1970s I think that the default model would have been referred to as a "brick-house". So I did some downsizing and made her more like a "stick-house". The end result is a wee bit thinner than I would have liked, but for the sake of a little diversity I am content to leave it as is. For those who may not know, it is a more involved process than just scaling down vertexes on one or two axis. I would say, in my own opinion, that she is now one of the hottest black female characters from San Andreas.

csho01avo_th.jpg

csho02qjb_th.jpg

csho03p2s_th.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SA catalina > VC HFYST

A much higher definition Catalina cut scene model for Vice City. Couldn't expose much more skin like I would normally do because there just was not much to work with in the texture. This is the only SA to VC character model that has had the poly count increased for the entire mesh. Typically I never bother with the hands and feet, and only rework the head once in a while, but this time was an exception.

Her body is a bit slimmer, not quite as "chunkified" as the default model, and her face has a bit more of a pleasant expression.

Lately I seem to be having some trouble adjusting bone positions and assigning vertex groups so that the joints move properly without a lot of unsightly distortion. As always, I will just have to keep re-re-rigging/assigning until the mesh moves decently I suppose. Other than that I think she looks a lot better.

catalina014r3_th.jpg

catalina02jk9_th.jpg

catalina03jm3_th.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@NRGuy: Wow! Thanks! :cheers: Truth be told I have working at it off and on, but not very consistently. As soon as I have finished up the ones that I have on the worktable I will upload them as SAW II part 1; or something like that. Perhaps about a month. Please be patient. They are a ton, maybe closer to a couple of tons, of work but they are moving along nicely. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

SA vwfypro > VC wfypr

This is one that I do not think that I ever uploaded anywhere, partially because that fur coat thing was a pain in the ass to work with and partially because I was never sure what to do with her to make her a bit more sexy. Gave this little number a bit more exposure up front. Smoothed out the lumpiness in the model. Turned out fairly well I think, but have not tried her out in the game yet.

wfypr01hjx_th.jpg

wfypr02u0o_th.jpg

wfypr03k58_th.jpg

Are you ever going to release this? I'm interested in this model for use in GTA SA.