Army skin modding

Mauna

Hi forum, I recently downloaded a army skin;http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=6342 mod to wear on CJ. I know how to use IMG tool and SAMI but in this case IMG tool will be needed. The problem I'm facing is the read me.txt says to replace army.dff and army.txd(gta3.img) with the ones I downloaded so I did as it says but what I discover is the army skin wasn't modded for CJ but for the military soldiers that attack you at 6stars wanted level. So I have no idea how to make it modded for CJ instead of the military soldiers. I tried replacing one of the clothes in player.img but it didn't work and the cloth that I replaced "crashed".

Can anyone help me solve this mod to make it available for CJ?

I don't think it's possible. The army guys have different-shaped models to CJ, and so the skins for them won't fit onto CJ's model.

I'm not sure how to swap/replace the models.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to edit CJ's skin yourself, copying parts/textures from the army skin you downloaded.

Is there a way i can post a screenshot i took? Cuz it shows the army guys wearing the army skin mod

Edited by Mauna

You do not really need to post a screen shot. It most likely works just fine for the character models that it is intended for. But if you feel the need to then go right ahead.

You are having problems getting the mod to work with CJ because the mod is made as a single texture/skin for a single mesh character model. One mesh - one texture. The CJ player model uses multiple meshes and textures for each item of clothing that he wears: one for pants, one for a shirt, one for shoes, one for a hat, one for shades, etc etc etc.

To make the mod work for use with CJ, you would have to basically chop the single character mesh from the mod into pieces and make new clothing items for him to put on: a pair of trousers with the army texture, a shirt with the army texture, boots with the army texture, a hat/helmet with the army texture, blah blah blah - yada yada yada.

A possible easier alternative would be to re-texture CJs unclothed body meshes with the army mod texture and call it clothing, but it would probably turn out about 10 pixels shy of putrid; "ugly" if your English is not so good.

Either way, it is going to take a bit of effort to make it work for your purposes. I hope this clears up any confusion for you about why the mod is not working for you as you would like it to.

MM

You do not really need to post a screen shot. It most likely works just fine for the character models that it is intended for. But if you feel the need to then go right ahead.

You are having problems getting the mod to work with CJ because the mod is made as a single texture/skin for a single mesh character model. One mesh - one texture. The CJ player model uses multiple meshes and textures for each item of clothing that he wears: one for pants, one for a shirt, one for shoes, one for a hat, one for shades, etc etc etc.

To make the mod work for use with CJ, you would have to basically chop the single character mesh from the mod into pieces and make new clothing items for him to put on: a pair of trousers with the army texture, a shirt with the army texture, boots with the army texture, a hat/helmet with the army texture, blah blah blah - yada yada yada.

A possible easier alternative would be to re-texture CJs unclothed body meshes with the army mod texture and call it clothing, but it would probably turn out about 10 pixels shy of putrid; "ugly" if your English is not so good.

Either way, it is going to take a bit of effort to make it work for your purposes. I hope this clears up any confusion for you about why the mod is not working for you as you would like it to.

MM

Easier said than done lol, txs anyway for clearing me up on that. Thing is..I have NO idea how to do the chopping thing as you mentioned nor do I know how to re-texture his body meshes. If u have a link or anything that could show me a guide or a tutorial that would really help txs!