If...the lights go out

henry VIII

I saw this good but disturbing program, called If....the lights go out it was set in the uk 2010 when the south is completely dependant on gas, the massive pipe line from the uk to Russia (witch was started this year) is completed and the south of the uk gets all its gas from there, then disaster, terrorist attack gas pipe destroyed the uks gas power stations are out of gas within hours then all of the south east of the uk including London is without power, oh and did I say its the coldest winter for a decade, people are freezing, gridlock, people caught in lifts and the underground emergency services cant get through, with London with out power millions of pounds are lost every 5 minutes, a state of emergency is called araaa its hell.

what can we do to stop this from happening?

can we save our selves?

should we be demolishing old coal and nuclear power plants?

The world's oil supplies will all be gone in thirty years. Coal will be gone in two-hundred years. Gas in... I'm not sure. I think about a hundred years. Uranium - used in Nuclear power - will last for thousands and thousands of years, and one tonne of uranium makes as much electricity as 10000 tonnes of coal. But, uranium is so radioactive and dangerous that many countries (Britain inculded) have stopped their nuclear program.

I for one think nuclear power is the future, and the risk is something we're just going to have to take. The situation in that program is unlikely to ever happen, though, but if it does... er... well... then we're screwed.