IGN Top 100 Modern Games (warning: bullshit ahead)

TUN3R

http://www.ign.com/top/modern-games/100

Apart from the fact that most of these games I've never even heard of, I fail to understand how RDR is better than GTA IV, how Half-Life 2 Episode 2 is mentioned and Half-Life 2 isn't, or how games like Alan Wake or Heavy Rain appear here when they aren't even f*cking games!

These games were clearly picked based on one criteria: IGN's fanboysm. Everybody knows they get an orgasm each time they hear ''Mass Effect''.

Oh well, at least they forgot Halo.

Everybody is going to have a different opinion, are IGN not allowed to have one at all?!

Considering that their opinions influence the gaming industry, no, they shouldn't. If it was after IGN all the games would be Mass Effect, Call of Duty and H... H... Halo.

@Alan Wake

Yeah, pointing my flashlight on everything and watching the scenery fall apart in a cinematic way, definitely a game.

I agree with their best modern game (finished it 21 times, now going for the 22nd :awesome: ) but I don't agree with their reason...

Edited by TUN3R

I never said it doesn't... forget it. Yeah you're totally right, Alan Wake pwns. Best fucking game since Pong itself. Happy? Piece of shit EcksBawks exclusive

Anehway. I'm surprised, actually more like disappointed, that no-one seems to care that GTA isn't even in Top 10...

Edited by TUN3R

I don't know... Brotherhood was cool, but apart from the multiplayer which was epic, it kinda did everything Assassins Creed 2 did only just a little bit worse... the story was random, and twice as short as Assassins Creed 2's...

And taking all my stuff at the beginning of the game was a kick in the balls only previously delivered by Scarface: The World is Yours.

Oh and the Assassins were awesome, and thanks to the game's lack of difficulty (which is also fine by me, never found a point in difficult games) you don't have to babysit them (although one assassin did die once cause he got stuck on a staircase while attacking a Borgia tower).

Edited by TUN3R

I don't know... Brotherhood was cool, but apart from the multiplayer which was epic, it kinda did everything Assassins Creed 2 did only just a little bit worse... the story was random, and twice as short as Assassins Creed 2's...

And taking all my stuff at the beginning of the game was a kick in the balls only previously delivered by Scarface: The World is Yours.

Oh and the Assassins were awesome, and thanks to the game's lack of difficulty (which is also fine by me, never found a point in difficult games) you don't have to babysit them (although one assassin did die once cause he got stuck on a staircase while attacking a Borgia tower).

my first ones got to rank 6 and then died cause of 48% odds of success.

For me, GTA4 is great, add to that Episodes in and around Liberty City, but even more could have been done, as Sam Houser had suggested from the outset, but they found perhaps, they could not divide their attention and spread their own resources so thin. So that's likely why we're waiting for the next GTA, and no more DLC treats, they need the time and effort to build a new experience for the next outing, or they are looking at the new console options. However, I can surely see why and how Red Dead Redemption is better. First off is the graphical difference, makes a key point to making the story itself so enjoyable, also the three dimensional aspect when you take over control of your character, or Marston and your horse, cart, carriage. GTA4 has HD effects, but not near as many attributes. I look at it as much hope for even bigger games.

As for my picks... Uncharted, GTA and RDR are the games that I use or play over and over, now I feel, the entire experience, the feel of being in a movie... that's Open World gaming plotting, on one hand, where you can explore this same world the story is set in, and that offers plenty to enjoy

Heavy Rain was intentionally set apart from any prior game, but it's still a game, I've never played it, but expected it to offer something up similar to LA NOIRE.

LA Noire didn't make the list, perhaps too late to rate? I think it should get kudos for it's approach new to gaming. RDR is better then the games coming after it, MASS EFFECT 2 got number one spot, for those too lazy to go through them. Even buying used games, I'm inclined to leave RPG and FPS behind.

My first Next Gen game, for PS3 was a choice between Kane and Lynch or Uncharted and ultimately, I played Uncharted over and over and soaked it up, that truly is a tour de force for Naughty Dog

Edited by BlackListedB

@Damnjan

So they can die in missions... I never sent them in missions that didn't have at least 80% chance of success (and yet one mission still failed, the assassin didn't die tho).

@BlackListedB

Another reason why consoles are killing PC games. PC games wouldn't take long to make and would be awesome if their console versions weren't technologically limited.

Back on topic... basically what you're saying is that RDR is better than GTA IV cause it looks better (it doesn't but, whatever)? Apart from the fact that they are both 3rd person sandbox shooters, they are completely different, and because of that, reviews and commercial success should have been taken in consideration... even if GTA IV was overrated (they both were, but again, whatever).

And Heavy Rain isn't a game, it's just a 3D interactive movie with terrible graphics and animations, and boobs... and necks that don't bleed at all when being sliced with a katana...

• 2 weeks later...

You're missing the point. You're bothered based off of your own bias, your fanboyism. It's ironic.

No you're missing the point, by a mile at least. How can they put a game they gave 9.2/10 to ahead of one they gave 10/10 to?

It doesn't make any kind of sense.

Edited by TUN3R

In their introduction, they clearly state that they don't take into account the review scores. And regardless of their influence on the industry, they're still human, they can get it wrong sometimes you know. What I find funny is that you say they're wrong simply because they have a different opinion, as if yours was so perfect.

• Like 1

The score was just an example. Don't tell me you forgot all the hype and fuss everybody made when GTA IV came out. Doesn't even compare to RDR.

If you're gonna make this personal I ain't talking on it no more, but it's total bullshit.

Edited by TUN3R