Big Pharma + Narcissistic Employers = Rather unhealthy poor people

Spaz The Great

Soooo.... One of the easiest secrets to great health, great shape, and even killing diseases.... Is high vitamin intake, raw and organic foods, and lot's of water. Not to mention, high daily doses of vitamin c can rid cancer better, and more naturally, than chemo-therapy. The things big pharma doesn't want you to know.

How about this, your "ranking" in whatever hierarchy you are in, is directly related to your stress levels. The HIGHER your ranking, the LOWER your stress. High stress shuts down things like your IMMUNE SYSTEM. Combine that with poor people not being able to afford organic foods or expensive vitamins. That leaves you with a bunch of low-ranking civilians getting sick all the time, and not being able to afford to better themselves in any sense of the phrase.

Now, one more fun fact. Stress actually DESTROYS BRAIN CELLS. Scientifically proven. Also scientifically proven? Cannabis does not. STRESS HURTS YOUR BRAIN MORE THAN CANNABIS DOES. Cannabis can actually help lower your blood pressure and stress levels.

EDUCATION NOT MEDICATION.

• Like 1

So smoke kids, if you know what's good for ya.

Hmm let's see... loss of brain cells or cancer... decisions decisions.

Well I have plenty of brain cells so I guess I can spare some. I think I'll stick to my coke.

EDIT: That's Coke, with capital C.

Edited by TUN3R

I never heard the government say that... but if they did they probably have a good reason.

Honestly? Yeah, a great reason. Their pockets. Everything in this world can be explained by following the paper trail. Follow the money, you'll answer any mystery.

Do you really think the government is out for OUR better interests? They are out for their wallets. This whole world is about fucking money these days. Most things treated by expensive, dangerous, POISONOUS chemicals are also treatable by NATURAL, EFFECTIVE, CHEAP alternatives. Natural means no credit for creation, effective means that you won't keep coming back, and cheap means they won't make much from your single investment. Think about it.

And so you're beginning to listen to those cranks? Not that I'm dissing you, but I don't give a damn about pseudoscientists and quacks cooking up wacky theories about pharmaceutical companies and government involvement; even if I know that the White House's a bit whacked up still I chose not to care. Why? Cause it only brings up more drama.

..... Clearly the way we do things now is not right. Clearly, it's not some super intelligent mystery how to fix some of our problems. If this is the case, why are they still broken? There's nothing "pseudoscience" about vitamins and organic foods. The pseudoscience IS the pharmaceutical companies.

I wouldn't be the first to jump at big pharma over this shit, they've done some good things. And not to mention, pharmacology is one of my passions. But when shit's wrong, shit's wrong.

..... Clearly the way we do things now is not right. Clearly, it's not some super intelligent mystery how to fix some of our problems. If this is the case, why are they still broken? There's nothing "pseudoscience" about vitamins and organic foods. The pseudoscience IS the pharmaceutical companies.

I wouldn't be the first to jump at big pharma over this shit, they've done some good things. And not to mention, pharmacology is one of my passions. But when shit's wrong, shit's wrong.

The other day I was watching the news and these scientist discovered some type of new virus that's immune to antibiotics (it was called supervirus or something like that idk) and this guy had his legs cut off coz of that. now that shit's wrong! :o how did they manage that to happen?

Living in the eastern part of the world has some great ways in healing yourself naturally. Whenever someone gets sick in the family, my dad usually massages the sick person (its quite painful but you feel fresh after that) and gathers up some leaves and woodchips and boil them up with raw water, then drink it and feel healthy in two or three days. So we only take medicine from the pharmasist when the traditional shit's not enough.

My dad's friend (whose a doctor) once told us that medicines are made only to ease the pain and help the body repair itself and that these traditional medicines just kills the viruses straight away. I don't know if that's true but it seems like its working! lol

No words can express my love for this thread.

Though I'm not on board with the whole 'eat a salamander's dick to cure a headache' homeopathy stuff, I'm all for consumption of balanced diets which contain natural things that are proven good for you. Green tea, for example, Garlic, simple fresh fruits and so on. Preventative medicine or whatever you want to call it. I'd rather eat healthy and get sick less often then eat McHorsemeat everyday and chug a bottle of pills when I'm shitting liquid.

I also find hilarious the stigma around cannabis. It's one of the most versatile plants on this earth, certainly moreso than timber (Cannabis was illegalised to protect interests of people high up in government's interests in the timber industry) but legalising it EVEN for industrial applications would hang a hugely immoral sign over the head of any government willing to implement it.

Plus shares in Domino's would go through the roof.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By saying 'Big Pharma', it makes it seem unnecessarily conspiratorial. As I chanced across anarcho-capitalism and voluntaryism recently, I find it clicks with my healthy dislike of the state and yearning for near-absolute societal and political freedom, but the government is hardly cartoonishly evil. Still, better diets are to be encouraged, and I suppose legalising cannabis is fine. Give the people what they want. Whatever happens after that is their own fault. :P

Edited by Vulpecula

• 2 weeks later...

The damage from stress is higher than that of the damage from cannabis. In fact, by avoiding SMOKING your cannabis you eliminate any and all harmful side-effects.

You mean like vaporizer's n shit? I mean I dunno man, ur brain produce's THC naturally, smoking weed just makes them levels highers.. I know smoking weed is less harmful to your brain then drinking all the time, but I would still say it has some negative side effect's on ur brain like short term memory loss, paranoia ect.. Also cannabis effect's each individual differently.

I smoke, drink, take drugs and eat crap all day long.. And I feel GREEEAAAT!

I heard, right? that they clone meat over in the U.S, and then acctually sell it on to store's.. So everybody over there eat's a cow that's come from a test tube? :s.. I mean, they say its safe but how do you know it doesnt have any long term effects? Sorry to go somewhat off topic but at same time you can never guarentee cannabis wont have a bad effect on ur brain in the long term. You know what asbestos is right? They was crazy on asbestos back then, used to use it in everything.. Then they found out it acctually settle's in ur lung's and causes you to possibly die in the next 10 years or whatever, how do you know it's not the same deal with the meat?

I wouldn't eat cloned meat, fuck that!

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK

Uh, the clone would be the same thing as the original, otherwise, it isn't a clone. There would not be any reason to have asbestos in a clone of anything that did not have asbestos in it.

Your brain does not produce THC, it produces anandamide, which is an endocannibinoid and acts in the same manner as THC. It regulates things such as appetite, mood, sleep patterns, etc. It is possible to be "cannidinoid-deficient", and in such case, the only real solution would to be to ingest THC.

Regardless, we are not cloning meat over here. I think Japan has some reward for the first person to successfully create synthetic meat.

To the government being cartoonishly evil, it isn't exactly the cartoonish part that worries me. The shit they are trying to do over here in America, and most of the citizens are unaware. America wants to control the internet. What an absurd idea!

Oh my. So much confusion.

The softer drugs are banned for a variety of reasons. Not because one joint will kill you, but because long-term is likely to have detrimental effects on your mental capacity, memory etc. (Yes, your uncle might have smoked it for 30 years and be fine, but that's not true for everyone) It's also a step-up to much harder drugs, and due to its illegal status, buying it generally funds criminal activity. I personally don't think it's the end of the world if you try a joint at a music festival as a teenager - however making a habit of it, or trying harder drugs, will not end well. I'm sure some people here will disagree, but you guys aren't the ones who have to clean up the mess this shit causes.

As for natural remedies having magical mystical aids-killing powers - what do you think is in western medicines? Alien goo? It's almost all natural chemicals extracted from real plants. They can then narrow it down to find the specific chemical responsible for the medicinal effect, produce tons of it in a lab, and make it many times more effective than chewing the bark of a cedar tree on the passover when there's a full moon, whilst facing north and chanting the karma sutra to the tune of 'we will rock you'. Just because something is produced in a lab does not 'taint' it or make it worse than the natural form. The problem with 'artificial' chemicals, colours, and flavourings is not the fact that they're artificial, it's just that they're unhealthy chemicals compared with the less-effective more-expensive plant extracts.

And for cloned food? Cloning animals and crops just makes them identical to the previous crop. All they do is copy the DNA of a perfect plant, and put it into 1000 seeds, so that they grow identically to the previous crop (depending on the environment etc). They don't grow it in a test tube. The same goes with animals - they put the DNA of a perfect cow into the eggs of some pregnant cows, so that the calves they have are identical to the copied one. They aren't grown in a test tube - they live completely natural, healthy, normal lives - just happening to have the same DNA as a previous cow. Don't forget that DNA replication is a completely natural process - it's now bacteria and amoebas and suchlike replicate asexually. All they do is manually apply the same principles to bigger animals and plants.

So stop freaking out about 'artificial' crap and just give your body what it needs, whether that is fruit&veg, a nice meaty dinner, or a couple of pills to fix a problem. But if you pollute your body with shit like drugs, cigarettes and alcohol, all in the name of emotional support, don't expect it to respond positively. Take everything in moderation, stay away from the hard stuff, and eat healthily, and you'll be pretty awesome.

Not to play devils advocate or whatever... also as I write I realise this is gonna get a bit wall-of-texty.

On the subject of soft drugs, etc... I know it's a bit of a de facto response but if you spent a large portion of your day drunk over a long period of times there would definitely be some adverse effects, as there would be with if you were high. The problem most people have, I find with the 'it can lead to health problems' argument is that so does everything. Run too much and it'll fuck your knees up eventually, drink too much and you get liver cancer, and so on. People can choose to drink excessively and legally knowing these health problems are going to beset them, and the government can let them and pay for their healthcare (in the UK) - why can't people who want to take cannabis do the same? Also I will admit that cannabis does provide a gateway to harderillegal drugs, without a shadow of a doubt. However, tobacco and alcohol are providing a gateway to cannabis. How many people who have never smoked nor drank before would wish to indulge themselves with the vices of life start with cannabis? True, once you take cannabis, find someone willing to provide who's not a pain in the ass, find somewhere to go / some company who share your interests it can provide a sense of security that would quell most of the fears surrounding taking harder drugs as far as intervention of the law is concerned. I'm aware, certainly of people who take hard drugs habitually and it's not pretty, by any means, but the question will always be where to draw the line. Also prohibition of alcohol basically netted criminals a shitton of money, as are drugs now. If you ban something, it just means the people willing to circumvent those bans start making money.

I'll keep this next bit short - do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work?

Medicine.

I agree with you MLL - alcohol and tobacco also have negative effects. However, there's a difference.

Alcohol in smaller quantities, even regularly, is beneficial for your health. It's also beneficial socially, and an important part of many cultures - that's all fine. It's when british teenagers binge drink 3 times a week that it becomes a social problem, and when older people are drinking a bottle of whisky a day just to feel normal it has a huge effect on their health. Even teenagers in other countries manage to moderate their alcohol intake - for example in the Netherlands it's normal for teenagers to have 1 drink in the evening with their parents, but never 30.

In the UK, it's illegal to sell alcohol to anyone that's drunk. I think that should become enforced again. Yes, go out and have a drink or two; yes, have a party, but don't get plastered. Yeah okay once or twice a year to celebrate leaving school or something is fine. But don't forget, if you drink less often, your tolerance to alcohol will be much lower, and you don't need to poison your body with 30 drinks to be able to have fun. Just a couple is adequate - which reduces the health risks considerably.

As for smoking, it's awful for other people, and has a shit effect on your health. Yeah it calms you down perhaps, but you don't need it 40 times a day. If you're particularly stressed, go away, chat to a friend, have a wank, that all works for me. I think smoking should be banned completely (over time). I know there are quite a few smokers here, and a few of my friends are, but there's just no point, unless you're already hooked.

I manage to survive without smoking, without taking any drugs, and only drinking once every few weeks. Not because I've had an easy life (some of you know how I've been parentless, homeless, jobless etc at various points) - and I know this is going to sound cheesy - but because I take responsibility for my problems and do something about them. Crying in a corner, drinking myself into oblivion, never ever helps, not even a bit.

hundred.png

Do you have anything revelant to say or are you going to continue to play the "cool kid" part? We get it, you do drugs, awesome.

On the subject of soft drugs, I think the problem that most kids are facing is that the drugs they buy aren't natural. It's one thing to smoke completely pure weed, another to smoke this shit that's been infested with other crap. No to mention dealers sometimes slip harder drugs in soft drugs, it's happened to me.

Having gone through a hard time because of soft drugs, I can't help but agree with Gerard. It's not like I even smoked all that much, sure it was most weekdays but the quantity wasn't huge. However, it left me some serious scars, anxiety issues, insomnia, a bunch of things. It's because I suffered though that I managed to stop, maybe if none of this happened, in a few years it could be a lot worse.

I smoke a couple of cigs a day and a few drings friday nights but no drugs anymore or anything like it. Even moderatly, smoking has also affect me a bit, my physical shape has been worse.

Bottom line, I don't blame people who do soft drugs, however keep in mind that the risk is not worth it. I know for a fact, for example, that 17-20 years old who don't even smoke all that much drugs, can suffer from a mental problem. You do not want that. Sure you see those rastafari dudes who have been smoking for 50 years and are okay, but the same might not happen to you. And like I said, the risk is far too big.

• Like 1