Favourite Music Genre

Gerard

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Recently I'm liking Metal, specifically fast paced metal like Slipknot, Pandora, Lamb of God etc. It's become my new favourite genre. I'm leaving behind hip-hop now, I still buy the odd album like Eminem, but too much of it is club music and dirty south music. Classical I'm liking too, and Opera. Still looking for a definitive collection of Opera and Classical though, there's hundreds of compilations out there, no idea what one is the best to get. Not your typical music interests then, but I don't conform to that anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Pretty much, CLASSIC ROCK, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, but I like artists like The Eagles, Joe Walsh...of course, Sheryl Crow, Heart, new age, acoustic, some country in moderation, some rap in even more moderation, though I become a fan not by choice, but exposure and then I get the REAL quality out of something I normally would not entertain buying. Or tuning to radio to hear. When I do listen to a song I deem EXCELLENT, I wish the whole world could get into it in the same way....It's often very euphoric, I kid you not!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd say the main genre is definitely Metal, usually Heavy Metal. Sabaton are a pretty fun band. Also liking Dubstep recently, heard Skrillex, DLed almost all his songs, then moved onto other artists. I would post some but they're not really Dubstep. Anyway. Found this while searching on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Y_e6AOPhI

Sabaton:

Skrillex:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People like rap music because rap music sound cool and according to some people, "badass".

That is a very subjective point of view.

I like SOME rap music. Anyone here heard of a band called Flobots? They are awesome, they rap but they rap about meangingful things, they have a political message.

Eminem is one of my favourite solo artists, some of his songs are distinctly awful namely some off of the 'Encore' album but a lot of his songs are also meaningful, you can tell by listening to them he has put a part of himself into the song, he even has the ocassional inspirational song.

Anyway...

There's not really a lot of music I wont listen to really, I enjoy rap, rock, metal, pirate metal, dub step, drum and bass, house, garage all sorts really.

Eminem is one of my favourite solo artists, some of his songs are distinctly awful namely some off of the 'Encore' album but a lot of his songs are also meaningful, you can tell by listening to them he has put a part of himself into the song, he even has the ocassional inspirational song.

Same. I also like Eminem. He is my favourite male solo artist. Also, I reckon he is the one of the best rappers in the world.

• 4 months later...

Even though I'm associating with METALHEADS, I am an old school rocker for sure. Used to scoff at some of the mainstreet chart toppers, but I have my favorite MELLOW AOR hits over the years, as we get further away from the trends, you hopefully found the songs that just maintain their edge

"People like rap music because rap music sound cool and according to some people, "badass""

So does a Jimmy Page lick in HEARTBREAKER! Check it some time

Edited by BlackListedB

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...