Favourite Music Genre

Gerard

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BEATLES (:wub:)

Greatest band to ever live. Ever.

Pop punk, alternative rock, Emo, some hard rock, hardcore punk and acoustic too.

THIS DOESN'T EXIST.

YES IT DOES.

Oh wow. I didn't realize both of my quotes were from you.

If it does exist then it really shouldn't imo, pop and punk are two very different things and they don't mix well.

Edited by Ivan

If it does exist then it really shouldn't imo, pop and punk are two very different things and they don't mix well.

Have you never heard of Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Sum 41, etc. ?

And BTW, "pop punk" doesn't mean a mixture of pop and punk. It means a very pop-like trendy "punk". Kind of like how funk-metal isn't really funk + metal.

Have you never heard of Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Sum 41, etc. ?

And BTW, "pop punk" doesn't mean a mixture of pop and punk. It means a very pop-like trendy "punk". Kind of like how funk-metal isn't really funk + metal.

Poppish punk can work well, but Good Charlotte Blink or Sum are horrible (to my ears)

If you look at The Clash one of the most known punk bands their not that punk to begin with (yeah, I do know THe Clash aren't part of the hard core era of punk punk gets labelled for)

These days I've been banging my head to some good ol' stoner rock and desert rock (kyuss, qotsa), experimental music, experimental electronica, dance electronica, and hip hop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rock.

Metal (not Black Metal and Death Metal though. Most others I do)

Nu Metal

Certain rap (Eminem and old school stuff.)

Classic

Game Music (almost all)

Jazz

That's about it. I hate pop music (though always have like Micheal Jacksons music). Now and then there's a good song, but usually it's just shitty glamour music.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...