One of my friends are being bullied on Youtube.

Huckleberry Pie

So, I have a friend named Rachel, and while she's not really that good-looking or attractive she is a 'swell friend to talk to. Only problem so far was she's being trolled on Youtube for her appearance as well as for being autistic. I told her to take notes on who's bashing at her, but does anyone know of any tips to keep her from being shat at?

Only if you block everybody on YouTube. Besides that, maybe make PM's and comments private...

For me ignorance works best though. IRL and on the web.

EDIT: If the same people keep dissing on your friend over and over, there's always the option to fight fire with fire...

Edited by TUN3R
  • Like 1

So, I have a friend named Rachel, and while she's not really that good-looking or attractive she is a 'swell friend to talk to. Only problem so far was she's being trolled on Youtube for her appearance as well as for being autistic. I told her to take notes on who's bashing at her, but does anyone know of any tips to keep her from being shat at?

Stay off the internet. That's the only way to keep yourself from being attacked for any and every little thing that is wrong with you. If you want to continue enjoying the internet, you gotta learn to just not care what people say.

• Like 1

Stay off the internet. That's the only way to keep yourself from being attacked for any and every little thing that is wrong with you. If you want to continue enjoying the internet, you gotta learn to just not care what people say.

Well, yeah, but still you have a point at laying low and shit. I do that most of the time.

Fuck 'em

It seem's all the internet is used for now is trolling, harassing someone over the internet for the way they look is kind of pathetic. Just tell them to get a life and move on I suppose?

Then GTFO. Like Spaz said, this is the internetz, take it or leave it.

Even if there's nothing wrong with you, some people will find something just to be rude and mean. The best defense is ignorance. It will piss them off even more seeing you don't care. And I wouldn't just shut up. I would tell them that they're nobody to me so their opinion means shit. Whatever they say it doesn't mean anything because nobody cares what they think. Why let it affect you? It's like being hurt if some retard says you're stupid. Why would the opinion of a retarded, uneducated and stupid person affect me?

• Like 1

Like kokane said, it is best for her to ignore them and work on her own self esteem. I used to have really a really poor self image (teased relentlessly up until high school). I know this is really lame but it helped me a bit, perhaps she can try it too. http://galadarling.com/article/your-radical-self-love-bible

When exposing yourself out there, in real life or in the internet, there's always certain risks to counterbalance potencial benefits, you can't have everything, she needs to know that. I'm not the biggest fan of just staying quiet but if these people are teasing her for being autistic then they don't even deserve an answer, you can't reason with folks like that.

• Like 2

Some say words are powerful, but I'd say only if you let them be. The key to happiness is in your hands. Whatever other people say, you still have the choice to get mad or not get mad. I know it's hard sometimes, but if you think about it, there's only one step away from being angry or depressed to carefree. Only the words of those that actually mean something to you should matter, your family and friends, those that care for you. Only their words should have that power. Mean people have no power. Their words are worthless. That's all they have. They count on their words to bring you down. Let them fail.

Edited by kokane
  • Like 1

best advice so far. Some people having troll accounts are like retards and morons who will keep harassing you. Just ignore those (beep)

and show them "i dont give a damn" attitude