Steve Jobs Died

Spaz The Great

Pancreatic cancer, since 2004. At first he refused treatment and said he would try "alternative medicines" and "change his diet" because that would apparently cure it. Idiotic move really. Of course we'll never know if traditional treatment would have cured him (he did get this eventually but probably too late by then), but still, I think it was stupid to refuse that. Quite remarkable he was fine for 6+ years before it started to take its toll.

• Like 2

A fine man, I must say. I may not agree with his opinions and decisions at times, but still gadgetry won't be like it is if it wasn't for him.

Yes it would. Hell, his shit wasn't even the best shit. Google out-steps them in almost everything they attempt. And seriously? The iPad? REALLY? NO DAMN USB PORTS!? Fuck you Mac.... BULLSHIT MOVE!

Man he was a real genius

I wouldn't go that far.

He WAS a genius. The guy developed a cult-like following for Apple's products. He made well designed MP3 players, touch screen phones, and laptops desirable and usable to a point where clever marketing could influence millions of people to purchase their products regardless of whether they actually needed them. He made people want them and that so often translated into a sale because the desire was so strong. THAT is genius. Apple is now the biggest tech company in the entire world.

Not many people have been able to so successfully transform a company's fortunes (remember how shitty Apple were before iPods? Now look where they are. EVERYWHERE.)

Praise MS!

@MrGTA

b(o.o)d

I have 2 xbox 360's, I have bought many game's and microsoft products.. Im using windows 7.

But seriously, fuck microsoft.. They are one of the worst company's for money grabbing greedy-ness.. Microshit don't give a flying fuck about their customers, that's why they charge us for xbox live, that's why they sell game's on demand at £15 a pop at the very CHEAPEST, I got L4D2 off steam for £5 when it was on sale.. Included all DLC as obvoiusly VALVE are awesome and MICROSHIT are not because they make people on 360 PAY for the exact same Content Pc users get for free

Also, game's for windows live? Fuck right off

I don't like Microsoft's anti-PC gaming ''campaign'' (that includes the Fagbox 360) but apart from that they are still the best in the market.

And if you hate MS so much why did you buy 2 of their crappy ass consoles lol.

Anyway if Crapple starts making consoles you'll wanna kiss Microsoft.

He WAS a genius. The guy developed a cult-like following for Apple's products. He made well designed MP3 players, touch screen phones, and laptops desirable and usable to a point where clever marketing could influence millions of people to purchase their products regardless of whether they actually needed them. He made people want them and that so often translated into a sale because the desire was so strong. THAT is genius. Apple is now the biggest tech company in the entire world.

Not many people have been able to so successfully transform a company's fortunes (remember how shitty Apple were before iPods? Now look where they are. EVERYWHERE.)

Literally everywhere. To the point that people don't even know they own an Apple product.

He was the founder of Pixar studios right? Dead :(

Too bad Crapple didn't die too...

No, I think he was just the chief executive.

iPods are clunky if you ask me. And EVERYONE makes touch screen phones. That isn't anything special, they weren't even the first to do it. And I wouldn't call OS X "usable". I think it takes a rather "special" person in order to use them properly. Mac users give "PCs" such flak for not being "user-friendly"..... But you have to install a program to uninstall another one? Really, Apple? And the folder organization is horrendous, and I'm not one for much of organization on my computer to begin with!

Over-hyped, over-priced, I don't call that innovation.....

• Like 1

I won't deny the impact apple had on the industry, nor their formidable marketing team, nor the way they managed to mainstream such simplistic designs and pass them off as new and innovative, but I will say this. They really do have such a horrible outlook and ethos on people who don't use their products solely. I recall an issue from a while back where someone had bought a new iPod, which required them to update their iTunes. The new version of which wouldn't run on their apple OS. So they bought a new version, OSX for this sole purpose to find out it wouldn't work on their apple hardware. That, to me is a simply disgusting piece of business practice. Also, they're suing pretty much every tom, dick and harry who makes a rectangular phone with a big screen. That's like Mercedes suing people for making cars with 4 wheels in the current market.

Also OSX is a total piece of crap. I use it in the design studio and it's a pain in the ass. I've had brand spanking new 27" bells and whistles iMacs crash out on me with far more regularity that my self built PC. Programs crash more often, external storage devices fail to recognise data transfer, and the networking on them is simply an abomination, even in the small cluster of around 40 machines we run.