Minor Forum Upgrade - 18th Oct 2011

Chris

I've just upgraded the forums to the latest version of IPB (3.2.3) released yesterday. It primarily fixes bugs as there are no major new features, we actually skipped the 3.2.2 release so that was included with this one too, and likewise was also a bug fix release.

Due to the numerous changes to various JavaScript files in this update, we recommend you empty your browser's cache - this will avoid potential problems where some functionality breaks due to the fact your browser still has old files. If you're not sure how to do this, just post in this topic and tell us what browser you use and what version it is, myself or someone else who knows will explain what to do. In most browsers you can simply go into the preferences/options/settings and look for content/storage settings, find an option like 'clear browsing data' and do that.

Two minor new features added:

• Any emails you are set up to receive from the forum will now look nice, as opposed to the boring plain text ones it used to send.
  • If you change your profile photo (avatar) you can now paste the URL of an image and it will import it.

Let us know if you find any strange behaviour. As mentioned above, please ensure you have cleared your cache first. If you still get weird problems, post here :)

On a sidenote: Awards will be working properly again soon and I'll be retrospectively adding them for our annual forum awards held in 2006-2009.

Yeah... categorising the games is impossible now. For example the portable ones, GTA III can go in there now... we're gonna end up with the majority of games being able to go in more than one category. So I thought we might as well just go with one category to hold each forum for each GTA game, with one at the bottom covering general series chat.

I've left modding and multiplayer (pre GTA IV) separate since they obviously cover 3 or 4 games and splitting them up is pointless as redirects are already in place to cover that

And then I just moved general discussion forums to the bottom. The main focus of this forum is GTA, not random chat. That's why the GTA forums are first, followed by general, I think we can all agree we need more relevant GTA discussion to get this forum more active again, we can start by giving those forums more exposure.

No offence but can't you just read the readme? If you're asking questions as simple as "where do I upload the files" it doesn't really sound like you're in a position to be administrating a forum to be honest. It's the most basic of tasks.

This topic is for comments/bug reporting any unusual things that have occurred since the upgrade, not an IPB support topic. Please keep on topic.

No offence but can't you just read the readme? If you're asking questions as simple as "where do I upload the files" it doesn't really sound like you're in a position to be administrating a forum to be honest. It's the most basic of tasks.

This topic is for comments/bug reporting any unusual things that have occurred since the upgrade, not an IPB support topic. Please keep on topic.

Sorry but I never did the Cyww software w6rk on the forums. However I aw acquaioted to ftp and domain WORKS. If you are talking of the site in my sig then its a temp one which our original site(under going repairs due to server crash)redirects to due to inaccessibility. The work I do on our forums is like the work you do alongside Gerard. This helped me to be an area mod at GTAF earlier. Lets get back to the topic.

• 2 weeks later...