GTA V Announced! Trailer coming 2nd November

Chris

Well someone mentioned Ireland eariler, so on that subject why not Packie McReary. We did see him entering the airport at the end of BoGTY.

Also some other rumours that are out are saying that the city will be Los Angeles.http://www.rockstarinformer.com/article/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-set-in-Los-Angeles-says-Kotaku/88

I would rather V be a remake of San Andreas with larger cities (Los Santos was fine, but Las Venturas & San Fiero were not up to par imo) and enough countryside for planes, ect. Regardless if it will be be Vice ,San Andreas or a new city I'm just looking forward the teaser next week.

'11/02/11'

Sooo the trailer will come out in February earlier this year?

BTW a rhetorical question.

Why don't they use the correct date format, It is a British game made by Britons in Britain.

I know i sound trollesque when I say it, but I'm making a point.

Sinnnnnce when was Rockstar North based in Britain? And since when has ANY GTA been a British game? Excuse me while I feel stupid on that last question, forgetting about the two expansions to the original GTA.

'11/02/11'

Sooo the trailer will come out in February earlier this year?

BTW a rhetorical question.

Why don't they use the correct date format, It is a British game made by Britons in Britain.

I know i sound trollesque when I say it, but I'm making a point.

Sinnnnnce when was Rockstar North based in Britain? And since when has ANY GTA been a British game? Excuse me while I feel stupid on that last question, forgetting about the two expansions to the original GTA.

R* North is based in Edinburgh, Scotland, Great Britain, The United Kingdom.

Most of the staff are from Britain, might be a few from the continent too.

The games, except for '61 and '69, are set in the States, but are not made there.

According to Wikipedia, Rockstar Games' HQ is in New York. But they have branches in many places of the world, such as Tokyo (R* Japan), UK (R* Leeds, North, Lincoln and London), Canada (R* Toronto and Vancouver), and the US itself (R* San Diego). Plus, they formerly had a studio in Austria (R* Vienna), but it was closed down in 2006.

Hey chris, i think i know where the GTA V has been set at!

its set in Washington D.C

2v16pgi.jpg

if you get the logic you will see that the GTA V has a dollar bill. The dollar being the national currency of the U.S is made by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing whose HQ's are at Washington D.C and since the U.S mint is also located here so...it might be a possibility

I hope, most of all, that the game is set in 'Vice City', if not a 'Carcer City' would be cool, but unlikley.

I do like the idea of a single city, as opposed to the multi city/state style of San Andreas. I hope if based on an 'SA' city that its San Fierro, I'm open to the idea of Las Venturas.

But I hope it's not 'Los Santos' or an LA based city. 2 reasons, I have two other new R* games both set in LA, and, no offence to any fans, but I felt that city doesnt lend it's self to

the style of game with which we are accustomed.

Actually, there isn't an actual dollar bill on the logo, I am not entirely sure that they are allowed to recreate actual currency, I am not sure if that is legal? I might be wrong though

Not an actual dollar bill but one from circa 1890-1900, copyrights and other restrictions expire after 80 years in the US so I think Rockstar could reproduce it somewhat. I think the game's going to be set in San Andreas for some reason.

Am I going blind or something? Could someone please point out to me where exactly on the logo there is a dollar bill? Because all I am seeing are the words "Grand Theft Auto" a green V and a "banner" around the V with "FIVE" written on it (yes it has been noted that the word "FIVE" shares a similar if not identical font to the font used to print the amounts on dollar bills and pound notes) but I genuinely don't see any bills at all.