noob help

hey guys my names drew, im really new to the forums and to high end gaming i guess, well my problem is i have finnaly got my own computer and my parents agreed to get me anything i need to get it started. now i know enough about comp. to mod and stuff but when it comes to building them im like a 3 year old at a strip club, so ive been wanting to mod and play gta iv for so long and heres my chance. so i want to get a graphic card thats perfect for this game but for my comp to, it has to be PCIE, it has to be thin and it cant take that much power also i want it to be able to run gta iv at top settings with lots of vehical mods and under $200. heres my specs

Processor m8000n: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5200+ for TRUE multi-tasking AMD LIVE!™ Made to Bring It All Together

• 2.6GHz, 1MB+1MB L2 Cache, 2000MHz System Bus

Operating system installed Genuine Windows 7 32 bit

Chipset m8000n: NVIDIA nForce 430 Chipset

Standard memory 2048MB

Video adapter m8000n: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache

Expansion slots m8000n: 2 PCI slots (occupied), 1 PCI-E x16 slot (available), 1 PCI-E x1 slot (available)

and yes the gpu is integrated and im sure u can see why i despretly need to put in a new one

any help will be appreciated.

i have been looking at the HIS Radeon HD 6770 1GB or a Sapphire Radeon HD6770 1 GB tell me if im on the right track and those are about the right sizes too

thanks

Edited by darkd3cimation

I have a GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB and it runs pretty much every game perfectly. However I think it doesn't work very well with Dual Core CPU's, ether that or just the i5 Dual Core...

It was about 250$ (VAT included), it's pretty small and it's PCI-E. If you can't get 50 more dolla' David (guy at the shop) recommended me a GeForce GTX 460 along with this one, it's about 210$ and from what I hear it's pretty similar to the 550 in terms of performance, except that the 550 is better for high resolution and supports better Anti-Aliasing, Texture filtering etc...

Below that, a friend of mine has a GeForce 260 but I don't know much about it except that it costs about 135$.

They are both DX 11 by the way.

well thanks guys ill really look in to the gtx 550 ti but will i need to buy a new psu because im not too sure how many watts mine is

Mine is a Delux ATX-600W P4 v2.3 230V / 50 Hz. Works fine except the bills got a little bit bigger :P

• Like 1