First GTA V trailer is here!

Chris

GTA V / GTA SA comparison (SA looks better):

This video amused me, but I'm hoping the 'looks better' was sarcasm. I personally am looking forward to both SR3 and GTAV; this is not a place for partisan divisions.

I'm afraid not. More polygons and sharper textures doesn't always make for better graphics...

@Spaz & that other guy

Apparently opinions = trolling now...

Wow, amazing saying SA looks better. You being a Saints Row fan, I couldn't expect any more, no offense though, it's just because it's a whole different game and you criticize GTA like hell.

Rockstar did really pull their hair, they're pushing the consoles to the maximum and the features in this game just sound immense, I can't wait. Though it would be even better if it were the whole of SA.

So its been confirmed its NOT the whole of SA? wtf..

This video amused me, but I'm hoping the 'looks better' was sarcasm. I personally am looking forward to both SR3 and GTAV; this is not a place for partisan divisions.

I'm afraid not. More polygons and sharper textures doesn't always make for better graphics...

@Spaz & that other guy

Yeah. Because your opinions are just that. You are nothing more than a troll. It's what you will always be. It's probably all you even know how to do.

There's gotta be more than LS. The other two cities? Who knows. But there's definitely a mountain, and some more rural areas.

@Spaz & that other guy

Yeah. Because your opinions are just that. You are nothing more than a troll. It's what you will always be. It's probably all you even know how to do.

There's gotta be more than LS. The other two cities? Who knows. But there's definitely a mountain, and some more rural areas.

There won't be. Rockstar said it's just Los Santos + surroundings. I'm assuming it's the same surroundings from SA, mountain(s), forest and country.

TUN3R, GTA in general doesn't aim for bar-raising graphics - its focus is, and always has been, gameplay. SA was, at its best moments, maybe 7/10 in terms of looks, at most 8/10 if you squinted. It looks dated, but its aim is to be fun as hell. Compare that to the dozens of games on the market these days that admittedly look pretty but that provide maybe half a dozen to a dozen hours before boredom sets in. In the battle between graphics and gameplay, gameplay will always win to people are looking for a good time and aren't fickle and shallow.

I mentioned in a related topic that I welcome the reduced geographic scope in favour of focus on characters and gameplay. The Greater Los Angeles area by itself is massive (33,954 sq mi, according to Wiki), not including surrounding countryside. To recreate this down to the finest detail is itself a monumental achievement; anything else is a welcomed extra. GTA has always found its heart in sprawling urban areas; I'm sure V's Los Santos will provide ample space and variety to suit nearly all tastes. And I'm a guy that romanticises life in a scenic country town. :P

Edited by Vulpecula
  • Like 1

@Spaz & that other guy

There won't be. Rockstar said it's just Los Santos + surroundings. I'm assuming it's the same surroundings from SA, mountain(s), forest and country.

You just said there won't be more then LS, and then went on to say there will be surroundings. You're just TRYING to disagree with me now. Or are you incapable of seeing that you posted the exact same thing I did?

P.S. All aboard the quote train! I thought they automatically took quoted quotes out?

@Spaz & that other guy

You just said there won't be more then LS, and then went on to say there will be surroundings. You're just TRYING to disagree with me now. Or are you incapable of seeing that you posted the exact same thing I did?

P.S. All aboard the quote train! I thought they automatically took quoted quotes out?

I'm guessing he was just nitpicking at that point. And woohoo quote train!

Edited by Artur

@Spaz & that other guy

I'm guessing he was just nitpicking at that point. And woohoo quote train!

Chuga Chuga Chuga...Chuga Chuga WOOT WOO

@Vulpecula.

Like I said. Poly counts and textures aren't the key for good graphics. GTA V just looks ugly design wise.

That came out wrong, it doesn't look ugly, just not as good as SA.

If it makes you feel better I only have 3 games that fully satisfied me in terms of graphics :P Won't mention 'em cause it will just give [person I won't name] more reason to bitch about :P

Damn, I missed the train. Oh well next time.

@Vulpecula.

Like I said. Poly counts and textures aren't the key for good graphics. GTA V just looks ugly design wise.

If it makes you feel better I only have 3 games that fully satisfied me in terms of graphics :P Won't mention 'em cause it will just give [person I won't name] more reason to bitch about :P

You don't like the style, the graphics are still significantly better than SA. Now you're voicing opinion and passing it off as fact. Of course, "good graphics" is a subjective statement, but still....

Also... Neeeewww train? -trollface-

@Vulpecula.

You don't like the style, the graphics are still significantly better than SA. Now you're voicing opinion and passing it off as fact. Of course, "good graphics" is a subjective statement, but still....

Fuck yea! :D

Back to the topic, I still think the trailer's graphics look like The Sims 3, but they are sure as hell better than San Andreas, SA's graphics sucked.

Edited by Miles Pedro Prower

I suppose it is in Rockstar's interest to make it look pretty, but not to such a degree that it compromises the quality of the gameplay. They had their time to experiment with IV; we all expect they know what they're doing with the technology by now.

Graphics are a non-issue; the potential gameplay and story should be the focus of any discussion.

• Like 2

@Vulpecula.

Back to the topic, I still think the trailer's graphics look like The Sims 3

Was thinking more of LA Noire (bleh) but now that I think of it...

All it's missing are the blue roads and anime-like characters.

@Vulpecula.

Back to the topic, I still think the trailer's graphics look like The Sims 3

Was thinking more of LA Noire (bleh) but now that I think of it...

All it's missing are the blue roads and anime-like characters.

Yeah, but long as they aren't as laggy as IV's, it's alright.

"Mental wounds not healing

Life's a bitter shame

I'm going off the rails on a quote train,

I'm going off the rails on a quote train."

:D

Lul point taken Miles, if the game will run well the graphics will be adjusted by the modders...

Assuming it comes to PC (pff yeah right).

I think you should be banned for having that SR sig and banner.. everybody else has GTA V stuff in their sig's.. And u have fucking SAINTS ROW

pfft

tumblr_lgtv8ocSiF1qgne6io1_400.gif

And then you don't want people to call you troll, with that kind of response... It'll definitely come to PC, just like practically all GTA's did, again, you're being a troll on purpose, just because you have a better opinion about Saints Row.

No I'm considered a troll because I like Saints Row better.

And I have no doubt GTA V will make it to PC, but if it's the same piece of shit as GTA IV PC then they might as well stop wasting resources...