First GTA V trailer is here!

Chris

For nearly a week, I waded through the GTAF V section of all the topics and queries, and I'm burned out, I can't even rehash them properly. I would say, it's likely to be a vast map, nearly as big as HALF of San Andreas based on what you can see in the trailer from one end to the other, in large scope scenes, like the one with the lone oil derrick on a hill, and judging from locations away from the City. However, closest to the Ocean, the Los Santos and Vinewood sections are most obvious from the first trailer, it still looks like some hybrid however, with some newly done geography, and despite that, much improved AI appears to be the biggest perk to GTA V

The graphics are close to Red Dead Red, but they're still not quite there, to be honest, Rockstar San Diego's got a leg up on Aaron Garbut and his crew of artists.

Graphic's in red dead aren't anything special. From what I understand as well, it was a different R* team that did red dead, V will be made by North.

I just hope they cut back on the realism a little bit, and multiplayer on IV got tedious when you have to recollect ur weapon's each time you die.. Someone mentioned a glimpse of a dog in the trailer, that would be so awesome the police could set them on you.. They could have them at the airports, sniffer dog's O.o

According to rather good sources Ned Luke is the VOICE of the main character we presume. As far as Red Dead not being graphically superior?? Get your TV replaced, son! In HD 720 and 1080 it looks flippin' amazing!!

The teams are sharing their input on the RAGE Euphoria engine because it pays to work on their games that way. Ever since the Midnight Club programmers' wives went to leak a story about the demands placed on workers, we've had ideas that the work load amongst Rockstar Games development staff is start / stop in nature, that they don't work on one item of business till it comes to fruition.

I'd thought I mentioned this prior, If you keep up with the news reports on Rockstar and interviews... This report came out of the Rockstar San Diego camp, but there's proof that Rockstar Games Production credits are popping up ever more increasingly, suggests the shared development knowledge.

As for detail, I refer mostly to the mountain scene for comparison to RDR, where you can obviously see leaves and bushes blowing around. In the City scene beneath the overpass, look at the ground, and notice bugs and/or debris that's moving, that's the added details we can expect

Anything with a blurred screen is fake, I doubt that is the map and real info. But in some way if it is - that's jaw dropping amazing. I hope it doesn't turn out into a glitchy headache like L.A. Noire. Also, why is VineWood out side of Los Santos? There in the same place...

Edited by Husky

Anything with a blurred screen is fake, I doubt that is the map and real info. But in some way if it is - that's jaw dropping amazing. I hope it doesn't turn out into a glitchy headache like L.A. Noire. Also, why is VineWood out side of Los Santos? There in the same place...

Hollywood / Vinewood is at the edge of LA / LS far as I know.

Hollywood / Vinewood is at the edge of LA / LS far as I know.

Yeah i think it is too. its almost kind of separate from the city

Vinewood was an early clue/guess/suggestion over at GTAForums. I latched on to that and when I saw Vinewood in the trailer, it literally Sealed The Deal! Not only that, but the San Andreas connection was clear after the beach scene, which to me seemed like Vice City, obviously... Since the Life Guard houses first showed on the VC beaches.

In term of the GTA realm, I sincerely believe that Los Santos as we've seen for GTA 5, won't be the same as San Andreas. Most of us believe there will be changes as an exact map would be unrepresentative of the Rockstar Worlds evolving.

I believe they chose some of SA for the sake of fans, and probably based on time required to make a new game in a time frame suitable

Edited by BlackListedB

In the announcement, rockstar said it was LS + surrounding countryside. That doesn't mean they can't add in SF or LV at a later date as DLC (doesn't mean they will, either).

It means they most likely won't. Have you ever seen a DLC for a game that added 2/3 of the game's current map? I mean we're talking at least 10 - 20 GB on PC and 5 - 10 on consoles.

Rockstar are always pushing the boundaries. TLAD+BOGT added vehicles, missions, buildings, characters, storylines, radio stations - why not map areas too?

I wouldn't expect a whole city to be a cheap downloadable addon, but more like a new game that physically interlinks with the previous game - so you can access both areas.

I'm sure they can get around the technical issues with that and make it work.

I think there would be a 2nd game in the GTA V era after this LS they may include doing the second and third game in SF and LV.

GTA IV era, V being the 2nd...

Don't know, SF and LV DLC's coming out at all seem to me like PS3 Emulators coming out over night...