Reunion.

Bear

Well as we are having a big old reunion and seeing the old faces pop up again, I thought it may be interesting to know what everyone has been up to in the last few years. After all a lot of us have grown from teenagers obsessed with GTA to being adults obsessed with GTA.

Hopefully this isn't like school reunions where we secretly hope everyone has failed in life to make us feel better about ourselves.

• Like 2

Curiously enough, I sort of am one of those people who is failing at life.

Long story short: I finish secondary school in 2006, and went straight into a sixth form I loathed. Was totally mentally and emotionally unprepared and did terribly. Pulled out around the New Year 2007. Spend months as a depressed recluse dabbling in inconsistent, extreme politics that ruined my reputation on at least one other forum and dented it on others, because I just didn't know when to keep my mouth shut. Managed to get into college and, still not thinking properly, entered an entry-level Art & Design course that I realised was a terrible mistake within literally two weeks. Utterly hated it, but dragged myself through the year and took A-Levels from 2008-2010. Got As in English, seeing as it's the only thing I've ever been good at. Tried and failed to get into university for autumn 2010, and was rejected. Quickly tried to get back into my college to finish some things off, but spent three months tied down by financial issues (the college was demanding money I didn't have). Was unceremoniously booted from said college in November 2010 for nonattendance (it's my personal belief that participating in something like education that I haven't paid for is immoral). Had a rerun of 2006-7 where I spent it mostly inside and again was lured towards extreme socio-politics. Tried to get into my old college again for this year; applied in June and met up with my friends on the staff and was quite looking forward to it. Then they call me on 31 August and tell me to fuck off.

That was my last chance to get into university whilst I still had my youth. I have been denied that, and will never go. Education has told me to fuck off, so I responded in kind. I'll make my own way.

All I have is my fiction writing.

And that's that.

Damn, Nikolai..... That is some shitty shit.

I'll just keep mine short and simple. Since I've stopped being a regular member here, I've proceeded to lose my damn mind. I've gone off the deep end more than once. Still there.

Thanks, though I'd appreciate it if you refrain from calling me by a lazy handle I haven't used in over 5 years.14-year-olds are rarely gifted at OMGAWESOME screen names. :P

Group hug?

Edited by Vulpecula

Still doing the same stuff, playing GTA but not as much, I feel. I've also been busy with school and exams, and other life things that suck; and noticed this place decrease activity a lot, not that it's not a good community, TGTAP rocks, but things to talk start to be less and less, but now with the GTA V announcement it's going to grow up I guess.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Must be at least two years since i was active on these boards. Then i started college and just didnt have enough time for this place. Oh well, im in my last year of college now and there is far less work this year so i get a lot more free time. Hopefully this place will get a lot more active with GTAV on the way.

Who need's a girlfriend when you have GTA!

Indeed. Girlfriends are a licence to print money. Dirty one night stands are where its at. ;)

I'll just keep mine short and simple. Since I've stopped being a regular member here, I've proceeded to lose my damn mind. I've gone off the deep end more than once. Still there.

Thanks, though I'd appreciate it if you refrain from calling me by a lazy handle I haven't used in over 5 years.14-year-olds are rarely gifted at OMGAWESOME screen names. :P

Group hug?

I called you by that because I had NO IDEA who you were until I looked up your display name history.

Here's a shocker, guys. I HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GTA IV STORYLINE. EVER.

Group hug?

I called you by that because I had NO IDEA who you were until I looked up your display name history.

Ahhh. Fair enough. All is forgiven. :)

^Whaat, no way. Last I remember you were planning for something in the military? Mind you my only memory of that is when you posted photos of yourself posing with bad ass guns haha.

Oh yeah and the only new stuff with me was moving from the west coast of Canada to the east for university. Everything else hasn't really changed all that much...

Edited by Artur

Lets see. Got married three months ago, moved into the desert around a year and a half ago. Working two jobs just to get 40 hrs in a week to pay bills etc. Going to school starting next fall for auto tech. And that's about it. Moved out of the ghetto as well :D

Congratulations on the marriage! And living in the desert sounds fucking badass. Watch out for rattlesnakes, deadliest bite in the US. i think