Reunion.

Bear

Since I stopped visiting regularly, I have failed my first year of sixth form, re sat it and came out of A-Levels with 3C's which just about got me into the university of Kent, then last year (academic) I failed my first year of uni and am currently re-sitting it... I guess old habits die hard...

I'm at the University of Kent too! :D

Congratulations Sherman! Where have you moved too? I can't believe you have got married. Who is the lucky lady?

We never had that TGTAP meetup.

Who wants to get beaten with my 26-inch baton? :hug:

Now, don't go teasing me, Gerard!

*Insert BDSM joke*

We need a TGTAP meet up. That would be so awesome. Would I be the only lady?

No, Chestnut would attend too, provided we could make it. So yeah, have it in Florida so we can make it. The weather sucks, the people sucks, and there's nothing to do but DISNEYWORLD and Universal Studios.......... But we'd be able to make it!

Sky! I haven't seen a post from you in ages! I seriously saw you as some extremely awesome big brother like five years back and now you're married.. Time flies man. I hope you're enjoying life and everything.

I'm studying physics now at uni. Don't know what to call it in English, but I joined a sort of fraternity, but then with girls. Not many though, it's dominated by males. I think a little under 30% must be female. I don't know how these things are in other countries, but for Dutch standards it's quite an old fashioned type of thing with loads of rules and the like. I'm quite happy with joining though. Sure the first few weeks really aren't fun, but after that everything is pretty cool. In the end the thing I'm doing most there is just drinking though..

Apart from that.. uhm, not much to say, but I'm quite happy with the way things are going.

If there's meetup in England (or Europe) then I'd be able to come. I can't afford going to Florida, haha.

@Bear: I'm in a program called Arts and Business (basically arts-y subjects like political science, legal studies, psychology, sociology, philosophy, etc with a basic business courses on the side) and probably going to major in economics. I'm taking German though, very interesting but tricky language. Hopefully I'll be fluent by the end of all of this! :D

@Spaz; Haha that's kinda like when I used to live in Vancouver we had Rain, Rain with a little bit of snow (sometimes), Less Rain and No Rain.

@Sky: Congrats on the marriage man! Haven't talked to you in a while either.

@Jace: I'm not sure where in the Netherlands you're from but I was in Amsterdam for about two weeks this past summer and it was awesome! Really enjoyed the city besides all the drinking and all the goddamn Febo. Just couldn't stay away from Febo... :P

TGTAP meetup would be pretty sweet, I might be going to Europe again next summer so I'd be down for something around there. Doubt many people live close to Toronto anyway...

Edited by Artur

Febo, really? Haha, that's quite funny. I tend to just go to a some place that serves burgers (Burger King or McDonalds, even though I actually don't like everything they serve). My dad likes Febo quite a lot though for some reason. If you ever happen to come to the Netherlands again, just PM or email me (probably best to email me I think). Some for all the others by the way.

I don't live in Amsterdam, but I do like the place quite a lot. People for some reason just seem much friendlier over there than in the rest of the country. Might be because of all fumes of marijuana that constantly are in the air there, haha.

If you're doing German, then you would be able to learn Dutch in no time. Not that it would be worth your time though..

Since I stopped visiting regularly, I have failed my first year of sixth form, re sat it and came out of A-Levels with 3C's which just about got me into the university of Kent, then last year (academic) I failed my first year of uni and am currently re-sitting it... I guess old habits die hard...

I'm at the University of Kent too! :D

Congratulations Sherman! Where have you moved too? I can't believe you have got married. Who is the lucky lady?

Really? Which campus?

Also TGTAP meet up would be awesome. I hear Canterbury is a pretty cool place to meet up with people who you have only spoken to online...

Edited by TrialByFire

Febo, really? Haha, that's quite funny. I tend to just go to a some place that serves burgers (Burger King or McDonalds, even though I actually don't like everything they serve). My dad likes Febo quite a lot though for some reason. If you ever happen to come to the Netherlands again, just PM or email me (probably best to email me I think). Some for all the others by the way.

I don't live in Amsterdam, but I do like the place quite a lot. People for some reason just seem much friendlier over there than in the rest of the country. Might be because of all fumes of marijuana that constantly are in the air there, haha.

If you're doing German, then you would be able to learn Dutch in no time. Not that it would be worth your time though..

Haha I only ate Febo in the middle of the night when I was hammered. The novelty of inserting your change into a coin slot to receive your burger was just so appealing at the time for some reason. Also funny story, one time we got the great (drunk) idea of inserting 2 euros or whatever it was and trying to open two 'windows' at once. SOMEHOW it worked or maybe the staff at the back was fucking with us, but we ended up getting 2 burgers for the price of one haha! :D It was pretty funny and got us to spend a few more euros trying to make the 'glitch' happen again.

I totally agree with you about the friendliness of the people there. Being the ignorant and North American tourist that I am, I barely knew any Dutch at the time so I would always have to ask people for directions and whatnot. Under my impression it seemed that virtually EVERYONE spoke English and did not mind helping me out. I loved it.

As for learning Dutch, the few phrases that I know so far are:

'Een biertje, alstublieft' (that one came in handy a lot) :P

'God (I think) verdomme!'

Haha it's certainly a fun language to (try and) speak. If German goes well, I might try to pick it up after. And yeah I'll definitely let you know if I'm in the Netherlands again!

Well basically I have been just going about my business,

Finished school with good GCSEs, went into college a little cocky and ended up with BCC, still enough to get me into university. I enjoyed college a lot (until I went to university and realised uni was much better). I had summer jobs working in retail and generally enjoyed it.

I am now a second year student and enjoying life, I have cut back on games console a lot probably since I don't really have time for it.

Right now I am trying to find a placement for my year in industry (to help me get a job once I graduate),

I think that's it really.