GTA RockStar Radio

BlackListedB

Rock n Roll up first, I expect to hear SOMETHING from VRock's one, VRock's only Lazlow Jones. ...

AKA Jackrabbit Jones, We should see him contributing in his own special way, not just as DJ, but working on various audio segments as well.

Last time GTA news was breaking, not only was there a contest for the stations, but a Wiki of proposed artists being drafted for the game, We suspected via licensing deals, and of course, one star interview with the Stooges' Iggy Pop that was uncovered as well.

I post this thread for not only station needed ideas, but what may officially be announced as far as radio talk shows, and music genres. We heard one rumor that the Public Broadcast station could return, A very funny satire about their annual fund drive, It was soooo hysterical, Wanted our own KFAI public radio to use soundbytes from the game. Sadly, never got to do that.

My own music Hard Rock or Metal VROCK subsidiary selection here;

Edited by BlackListedB

IV's stations weren't nowhere awesome. The worst from the series, IMO. Anyways, there are so many songs I'd like to see on GTA that it'd be impossible to select one and post here. Btw, nice one, love Dokken :P

I disagree.

The Jazz station was good, so were the hip hop stations. The hardcore station had Bad Brains and you cannot go wrong with those guys.

The weird electronica/ambient station was also quite good. If anything, the talk radios weren't as good.

Rockstar always do a fine job with the radio stations, because these radio stations portray tastes of certain times. I don't like 80s pop music, but the pop music in Vice City is a perfect portrait of what was happening back then in that genre. So maybe they have music you don't like, but it's music that fits the game and the time it is set in.

Haha, I do doubt you'll see Dokken in the game, unless you have some kind of Hair Metal revival station.

Rockstar knows best about radio stations. Whatever they make, it will be awesome.

I tend to agree with this statement. Again, you may not like all the music, but it is fitting for the game. And Lazlow is awesome, and as far as I know has worked on all the soundtracks since GTA III. At least the major console releases.

Can't say I agree with Tuner, The GTA IV soundtrack was a let down for people, most people. Rockstar themselves liked it for a few reasons I heard of. That Sam Houser was a big Queen fan and happy to have them included. That the idea of more ethnic programming was to coincide with the story. My complaint is I've never heard stations like that in all my years in America...

And while we don't want a carbon copy of USA radio, which can be bland at many times, in recent years, It should sound something like American radio, obvious Talk Radio is getting the most humor satire.

I do agree Lazlow's guests on GTA IV's stations were just lacking in real humor improvements. Maurice the Gardner from San An is actually first mentioned in GTA 3, I heard as I re-listened to that game!

More back and forth referencing would be nice. DJs who we know as noted artists is so much fun in GTA games as well, hope to see it continue.

As for Dokken, they were in a GTA game already, and I believe anyone Rockstar licensed already is a shoe-in for any future game, as they've done with Who and Phil Collins.

Edited by BlackListedB

I agree with Vasco, I mean sure not everyone is going to like every station in GTA IV but there was enough there to hold my attention, and in fairness Rockstar know that they can't cater for everyone, hence the introduction of independence FM and before that the custom user soundtrack in San Andreas. So really if you don't like any of the radio stations in the game (which I find very difficult to believe) just use independence FM.

On a side note I must say that the soundtrack I have liked the most so far has got to be San Andreas, k-Rose and Radio X where simply amazing (plus the ocassional Radio Los Santos, the DJ i forget his name, amused me, as did the Radio X DJ).

• Like 1

SA had more options you know, Rap, R&B soul, Hip Hop, Country music, Rock, Funk, News, Regge or hippy genre, Gangsta Rap, Adv.

Actually it was more like rap, rap, rap, rock, rap, country, rap, rap, rasta shit (ftw), user tracks...

Bigger doesn't mean better... well except for one particular case, just ask your gf.

San an has the best song's no doubt

And with custom radio station, it even puts in the commerials that are on the normal radio stations. So even if you dont like ANY of the music on there, you can just put on ur own.

Ill be putting classic san an songs on independance radio for GTA V xD That's if xbox version even has independance radio, im pretty sure GTA IV didn't on xbox360

• 2 weeks later...

Music has awlays been a big factor in GTA.It rolles side by side with the city itself.When I saw the GTA V trailer for the first time it kinda reminded me Vice City.The sun,the beaches,the song.It was just right.So I hope R* do what they do best and fit music that best fits in the game.It doesn't matter wether you listen to hip hop,jazz,rock,pop,rnb.Since I was a litle kid I've been all about hip hop,but thanks to GTA I found great musicians and bands such as Twisted Sister(vice city),Guns'n Roses(san an),hell even Frank Sinatra,B.B King etc.And yes I do listen to all kinds of music thanks to Rockstar and GTA,it just depends on my mood.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Hair Revival, I had mine cut recently....again

Someone on another board brought up the idea that NO ONE had been mentioning Jezz Torrent and Love Fist. I know many expect more new characters and plots, then having Rockstar bring up the whole of their past for new game content, but it was DAMN good, after all!

• 4 weeks later...