TGTAP is 9 years old today! So what's next?

Chris

9 years ago today I started a website from my bedroom and got about 100 people to see it in the first month. Still going strong to this day, the same website now gets 1 million visitors a month. We've come a long way...

So, happy birthday to The GTA Place!

Now you may be wondering what's next for TGTAP. Aside from forum upgrades not a lot has changed around here recently. Granted, some things haven't needed to change, but I'm well aware of things that do need to be improved upon.

The first and most obvious change that will come a long very shortly is a new layout for the homepage. Not completely new, more of a re-imagining of the current layout with some added features and better structure.

Next up will be the content on the website, we'll be both improving the existing content as well as adding much needed new stuff. We'll also be giving more exposure to these forums to get more people joining and posting here.

The downloads database will also receive a large update at some point, making it much easier for mod creators to manage their mods. There will also be improvements to the front-end making it a better experience for those just looking for mods to download - again, the forums will be suggested go-to place for questions etc.

The forums will no doubt be on the receiving end of some changes too. Some new moderators will be looked at, among other things.

I've been a bit vague on what exactly is changing. Mostly because I'm currently busy working on said changes! But if you are curious, feel free to ask me anything. Just so you know, the new layout really is going to appear very shortly, some time this week or next for sure :)

• Like 1

some added features and better structure.

improving the existing content as well as adding much needed new stuff.

improvements to the front-end making it a better experience

The forums will no doubt be on the receiving end of some changes too

That is most definitely the single most vague post I have ever seen :P

Pretty sure that's some sort of record.

Where's waldo?

JpfUx.png

@Chris wheres the party? Wheres the cake? Wheres the ladies? lol :)

After-party in Chris's pants for everyone who couldn't make it to the before the after-party party.

All in my bedroom, where else? :D

EDIT: Actually, someone (Evo?) will probably photoshop a cake or something for us. I remember this happening in previous years.

Gah, you wise magnificent bastard. Edited by EvoLuTioN
  • Like 1

some added features and better structure.

improving the existing content as well as adding much needed new stuff.

improvements to the front-end making it a better experience

The forums will no doubt be on the receiving end of some changes too

That is most definitely the single most vague post I have ever seen :P

Pretty sure that's some sort of record.

Naaaah, not around here. I think we've had posts like, "So, we're going to fix shit, and improve shit, yo. We're getting rid of spammers, too..... Eventually....."

I have been in every position around here from BANNED, to Admin. Mod, super mod, forum mod, gang leader. I've been it all, I've seen it all. Fuck it feels good to be a gangster. B)

All in my bedroom, where else? :D

EDIT: Actually, someone (Evo?) will probably photoshop a cake or something for us. I remember this happening in previous years.

Congrats Chris for keeping this up in last 9 years. Great start. The journey from a fansite till what it is today. I would like to volunteer to be an area mod if you think me able enought. And hey decorate your house not bedroom.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not trying to rub salt in your eyes, but I was a member of GTAForums for that long too! Anyway, is it a B-party or what?!?!?!

Oops, I see this was last year, well, no matter, it will be an annual thing to celebrate again this year

Congrats for having the wherewithall to hang in there, it's tough, we know!!!

Edited by BlackListedB