Kim Jong Il is Dead

Dirty Harry

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/19/kim-jong-il-north-korean-leader-dies

Well, 2011 is a bad year to be a motherfucker, Osama, Gadaffi, now this...

What o you make of this? Personally, I am kind of joyous. If I made a list of people who had it coming in this day and age, this guy would be on top of it. He was the modern embodiment of why communism does not work. Hell, I'm surprised that the press release for his death wasn't "Our Beloved LEader chose to leave his body form, to inhabit in the spirit of all North Koreans". I really wish his death would be a turning point for politics and life in N. Korea. but it probably won't.

I hope the China guy is next. I really do. Maybe it is wrong to take pleasure in someone's death, no matter how much of a terrible person they are, but damn, I honestly can't feel any sympathy towards him or anyone that supports his craziness.

I read somewhere that they've continued short range missile testing without skipping a breath. But yet, the guys working out on those ranges probably haven't been told. Reading back on the article you linked to is kind of depressing in a way, how the people wept for him after such oppression.

The saddest thing is that I highly doubt his regime will change, his son was probably amply 'prepared' for the job of becoming his successor. I wouldn't be surprised if the UN try to twist his arm a bit though - and probably end up underestimating his faith towards hi late father.

I read somewhere that they've continued short range missile testing without skipping a breath. But yet, the guys working out on those ranges probably haven't been told. Reading back on the article you linked to is kind of depressing in a way, how the people wept for him after such oppression.

The saddest thing is that I highly doubt his regime will change, his son was probably amply 'prepared' for the job of becoming his successor. I wouldn't be surprised if the UN try to twist his arm a bit though - and probably end up underestimating his faith towards hi late father.

Yeah I agree, shame this won't probably change anything. It is trippy to see how brainwashed those people grieving him are. Democracy is far from perfect, but I'm sure that it beats what they got going down there.

Kim Jong Il was a tinpot dictator, but that doesn't make the North Korean people stupid or inferior to other people, after all these people do have nuclear weapons and are operating nuclear facilities.

Kim Jong Un, might be a little different although we can't be sure, I don't even think theres any chance of reunification of the two koreas, for a long time yet anyway.

Its not about being stupid, The people are just kept so isolated from anything outside N. Korea that they believe theres no better way of life. Whatever they know about other countries or cultures outside their country is propaganda beaten into them to keep them loyal to the state.

About the nukes.. I don't think any of them have successfully launched.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I agree, shame this won't probably change anything. It is trippy to see how brainwashed those people grieving him are. Democracy is far from perfect, but I'm sure that it beats what they got going down there.

How do you know they wern't forced into griving for him?

When gadaffi died didn't they say to people make yourself's look sad for his death in front of the camera's or we'll shoot you? Dunno if that was gadaffi

Not saying they were forced into it, im probably wrong but shit like that does happen in some countries.. grieve for our leader or we'll shoot you O.o

I kinda feel sorry for korea, loads of kids are all mutated n shit over there from all the dirty bombs from vietnam.. I'm sure there's still plenty of undetonated mine's lerking round korea