San An saving "saved game files" into data folder

SmokinRE4

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this has happened, I uninstalled the game and deleted out any remaining files including the GTA SAN ANDREAS User folder.

I am using windows XP, never had this problem before, when I would install a new GTA SAN AN and play it, it would create a new GTA SAN AN saved file folder. But for whatever reason it refuses to do this, and when I play the game it uses the DATA folder as (I am guessing) a backup folder or the saved game files are being directed into the DATA folder. I have previous GTA SAN AN User file folders (I backup them up everytime), and put one of them into MY Docs but it refuses to read the folder.

I cannot figure out why it is doing this? Not sure if I have a hard drive problem, and I just re-did my hard drive and have done this at least a dozen times before with no problems. Could be a firewall issue, tho I can play the game and the firewall never brotheres to ask for premission. I am drawing a blank on what is going on. I had the same game for years, but this is the first time this ever came up.

I used search engines to see if anyone had this problem, or if I could find out how to fix it, but I came up with nothing.......