McAffe says TGTAP Virus?

Urm, guys.

I think I know why we haven't been getting traffic lately :o

McAffe report: click here.

35n60as.png

db3w8.png

These ''detected viruses'' are coming from mods. ( No Suprise there).

So I say you guys put downloads on a different domain.

Well, I am not sure if any of you know of this issue.

But there are some people on the internet, who have a very nice good computer, and have wrecked up there's before, so they only go on safe websites marked by antiviruses link scanners.

And, basically, these people probably are avoiding this website. A lot of GTA Fans play on the PC, and if your PC is good enough to play GTA, then I do not know who will be willing to wreck there computer.

A lot of GTA 'trainer' apps act like viruses in the way they 'hack' your computer's RAM to be able to modify what the game's doing whilst it's running. That's why many anti-malware scanners report the downloads as viruses, when they are harmless.

However, I've not seen any security software scan all downloads from a site then block off the whole site before. That's a new one to me.

Perhaps a separate domain for downloads would be the best option, then. I'll speak with Chris about it.

However, I don't think everyone uses McAffe, and I don't think that has anything to do with the lack of activity. It's just one thing that needs to be fixed.

McAfee is a load of shit. Thanks for bringing this to my attention though. But as Gerard said they're all false positives, nothing to worry about.

Showing just how outdated and obsolete McAfee is, you can see they think we are located in the US. We are not, and have not been for about 5 years now. The file checks all seem to be several years old, I can't believe they use such old data like this, especially given what a tiny percentage of total files this represents.

• Like 1

McAfee is a load of shit. Thanks for bringing this to my attention though. But as Gerard said they're all false positives, nothing to worry about.

Showing just how outdated and obsolete McAfee is, you can see they think we are located in the US. We are not, and have not been for about 5 years now. The file checks all seem to be several years old, I can't believe they use such old data like this, especially given what a tiny percentage of total files this represents.

Lol. Okay. Yes it is quite old data indeed. But I think you should alert anti-virus that say that this website is not a virus, the only logical explanation to why they haven't checked and updated in five years is because they are checking other websites too.

A lot of GTA 'trainer' apps act like viruses in the way they 'hack' your computer's RAM to be able to modify what the game's doing whilst it's running. That's why many anti-malware scanners report the downloads as viruses, when they are harmless.

However, I've not seen any security software scan all downloads from a site then block off the whole site before. That's a new one to me.

Perhaps a separate domain for downloads would be the best option, then. I'll speak with Chris about it.

However, I don't think everyone uses McAffe, and I don't think that has anything to do with the lack of activity. It's just one thing that needs to be fixed.

Yeah, good explanation. Yes, not a lot of people use McAffe, but who knows what other websites say about this one.

Web of Trust rates the site as green, though: http://www.mywot.com...thegtaplace.com

That's cool. But I've never used that website before, seems quite trustworthy though.

@Huck: That is so because WOT relies much more on user provided data rather than virus/malware checks - which I think is more reliable.

@DarkMeshy: WOT is one of the most used and most popular link safety checkers on the web.

@Chris: I think you should consider contacting Mcafee and explain things to them. And maybe ask for a rescan.

• Like 1

@Huck: That is so because WOT relies much more on user provided data rather than virus/malware checks - which I think is more reliable.

Although being that it relies on user input ala-Wikipedia it is vunerable to having the sites mis-rated.

Yes but it won't get piracy-promoting websites or such other hacking websites in trouble.