is the GTA V map same with the GTA SA map?

well from the time who i heard of GTA V is comming i saw alot of maps which they look like the GTA SA's maps

so my question is that, is the GTA V map same with the GTA SA map?

• 5 months later...

No the map will be completely different, GTASA comprised the entire state of san andreas, Although because it was an entire state, the citys (even the major ones) were a bit small (understatement) compared to there real life counterparts. I believe GTAV will include a completely recreated and reimagined version of los santos, with the city being closer in size to real life Los Angeles. With city being either equal in size or larger then Gta4's version of libery city. The City in GTAV will also feature a vast countryside ( possibly a recreation and expansion of the areas between los santos and san fiero and or los santos and las venturas surrounding the city, possibly featuring recreations of small towns such as blueberry, angel pine, or montgomery from gtasa. Another possible theory, is that they took aspects of alll three citys in GTASA and combined them into one large city, combined with the expanded countryside previously mentioned.Either way these 3 things are practically guaranteed so far.

1. GTAV's Map will be larger Then GTA4's

2. There will be a large countryside in GTAV

3.GTAV will feature los santos as its primary city

That is all i can say about GTAV's map so far.

• 1 month later...

Part of the reason it's taking so long is the maps, interiors as well, I'm sure trying to populate a vast GTA open World to make THIS GTA stand out from the past games, it must be different in this regard, since as they've said, it's not the intent of Rockstar North to make the same old games HD Hi-Rez versions, as Aaron Garbut commented on record, it's soul-destroying. What inspires them as the architects is making each GTA encompass special elements that are entirely it's own... so each GTA has special attributes apart from the expected similarities.

What I would agree with is that some elements of the old San An mirror this one, but it won't replicate the old map, as we've seen from the stills, there's certainly area similarities! City locales and mountainous regions are rather obvious

Nope. It is gonna be different can't guarantee you that its gonna be as huge as SA but i am sure its gonna be different.

Seeing as Los Santos is just one single city whereas San Andreas is an entire American State, there is near certain that GTA V's map will be smaller than GTA SA's map.

Rockstar Games have already comfirmed that the map of GTA V will be the biggest map ever made for an open world game, so expect it to be just abit bigger than Red Dead Redemption.

The map will be different from San Andreas, like GTA IV was compared to GTA III.

Source: CVG

^This^ Just because it's one city doesn't automatically mean it has to be smaller than a three city map. You can easily find three states in the USA that will fit comfortably in Texas. Just sayin'.

Rockstar Games have already comfirmed that the map of GTA V will be the biggest map ever made for an open world game, so expect it to be just abit bigger than Red Dead Redemption.

The map will be different from San Andreas, like GTA IV was compared to GTA III.

The biggest open world map was Just Cause 2 wasn't it?

R* will have a hell of a time trying to make something bigger than that (with acceptable amount of detail.).

The biggest open world map was Just Cause 2 wasn't it?

R* will have a hell of a time trying to make something bigger than that (with acceptable amount of detail.).

Actually, they specifically said it would be the "largest and most ambitious game they have created".... So not ever, just in their history.

Well I liked how you could grab a Freeway and put on "horse with no name" while driving to the small city where you meet Catalina..

Personally even though the map will be completely new.. Id love to have them keep some of the places.. Would be fun to see Grove Street as it would look today..

• 2 weeks later...