GTA or Batman?

BlackListedB

Wondering if anyone wants to comment on the Batman gunman incident in relation to Entertainment's influence like GTA in the modern age influencing REAL WORLD violence. A film like Batman is a passive experience, but does it relate directly, does the hands-on of video gaming effect the Real World mentality more so?

Depends on the player's mentality of how he feels it. I have played many violent games like GTA, Soldier of fortune 2, Hitman, Manhunt and blah blah blah but i just play it as just another game. Well, ofcourse i sometimes get carried away with it but i never forget that i am in reality.

For me, I was never a horror movie fan, like my good friend Rob who is a classic horror movie collector and loves the genre, but he's also one of the funniest and nicest people you could meet, so I think how you're raised, and how you naturally are wired to process information in your brain can certainly effect how you deal with life and Entertainment processing.

Some argue to ban all guns or harmful media, and they use it as a mere scapegoat. I've heard this week's past situation compared to Dungeons and Dragons but not GTA or modern gaming, so.... That's a bright spot, but for everyone in CO., they think of the Columbine situation and it effects their community struggles, it also effects anyone seeing the movie as mentioned, who can't help but come across this news. Kids growing up don't need this weighing on their minds and causing fodder for their own nightmares.

The idea of GTA is offering a sandbox for gameplay, but it's naturally based on REAL LIFE situations that unfold in a lawbreaking manner, but not forcing anyone to act or do anything they don't want to. That's key as Sam Houser points out, and one of the reviewers stating that lawbreaking will result in repercussions, even in GTA

Edited by BlackListedB

Can't edit in a followup, but the news as I mentioned, keeps shedding light and discussing the things we're talking about as well, I just saw them stating he was reportedly engrossed in video games, no mention of GTA, but World of Warcraft, as if the news reporter had never heard of this game, WOW!, just Wow

That's out of touch, but anyway, we do know video games can be obsessive, we wouldn't be on a games forum for our entertainment otherwise, would we?

But we still know you have to stop and start such things effectively and get on with "work"

Keith Ablow is commenting in the news that early 20s years of age is a "sweetspot" for mental illness to take hold. Also based on recreations at that time of growth.

You can comment further, he got cut off at commercial break! haha

Edited by BlackListedB

The word mental alone doesn't mean you're off your rocker or insane, I would say he CAN'T plead Insanity though he might try, he methodically plotted out a mass killing, the argument has raged on TV all day though, Is he a sociopath, psychopath, or other term? how do you catch people like this, you report things if they're within the outer limits of acceptable behavior, isn't that what's happening on airplanes if there's worry over terrorists or high jacking? An event like the Olympics will be heavily policed, but that lone gun man or suicide bomber could parade as anyone, the real danger

Edited by BlackListedB