PlayStation Vita portable gaming

BlackListedB

Seriously, my thread last year took a major detour in the WRONG direction, you all saw Chris post his lock on that, I ask you to abide by the main Cardinal rule in any forum, Stay On Topic and don't flame others, I'm sure there's a joke thread for humor, but I honestly request a thread for PS Vita's software reports and hardware tips and tricks. Since I felt the forum lacked one, I could be wrong, but in any case. I am a former PSP owner, I don't think of VITA in the same regard. It's an alternative to those who might game on an Apple iPad or phone, but it's not comparable to PSP Go or PSPs of earlier vintage.

Regarding the comment about PS2 games, You can download them from PSN, why not emulate them on a Vita? I'd like that, if I could get around buying the same game I have for PS2, but a portable PS2 library may not work entirely, there is streaming between PS3 and Vita.

http://www.gamespot....to-2013-6347904

Old article I know, but remember software is often key, and many of you bought a system just to play Rockstar GTA Stories, or a main game outing, thankfully, Rockstar was there with software support. So far, rumor of something for Nintendo Wii U and even word from Dan Houser that they look at the new systems to determine what can be done with them.

Often cited Industry analyst Michael Pachter thinks it won't succeed ....without GTA?!? haha

http://www.gamespot.com/news/wii-u-isnt-going-to-work-says-pachter-6387233

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 months later...

Major bummmp, but just bought a Vita today, and so far, I'm enjoying it. Being one of those losers without a smartphone, I now have mobile maps, FB, internet, etc. I'm thinking down the line I might get a 3G plan for it through AT&T, but for right now I'll just use the WiFi. So far, the touch screen seems to act up a little bit, but I've never had a touch screen work flawlessly for me. Typing has been decently easy compared to what I've used before with on-screen touch key boards.

Just thought I'd throw some words out there.

One model offered the better Online hardware approach, I don't have the specs in my head, but I scout the PSVita at the pawn shops locally, they hover around $200, not bad, the PSP and Nintendo DS or 3DS are still about $75 to $100

USD (US denominations)

The Kinect hardware for Xbox used to cover OVER $100 usd, but now it's around $50! What I want to pick up on a budget is the required Wifi Proprietary dongle for Xbox360... Still asking $50 for those!

Edited by BlackListedB

I've owned three 'phat' PSP systems, I bought those add-on joystick risers, for the analog knobs, they only served to damage the actual toggle, so be wary of such things, it basically put un-due stress on the actual analog! Lucky as hell we have eBay for replacement parts, if you had to go through Sony, I could imagine a 300% markup! hahahaha

'cover' above was probably supposed to read "cost", I had another brain fart! haha

Edited by BlackListedB