car modification in gta 5

Strike9

do you think they should implement car modification into gta5, if so what are your ideas as to the complexity and extent of this.

I think the modifications should be similiar to the saints row and midnight club series, with modifications as follows.

However the modifications ae focus mainly on visuals, but performance mods are also available. The player should also have the ability to remove parts if they want to.

Body mods

Standard parts (available for most cars,suvs,and pickups.)

Front Bumpers (maybe 2 or 3 different ones per car)

Rear Bumpers (maybe 2 or 3 different ones per car)

headlights (normal,chrome,blacked out+light color options) (some cars might also have rally style lights available, such as the sultan)

Taillights (normal,chrome,blacked out+light color options)

Spoilers (maybe 2 or 3 different ones per car, increases downforce)

Rims. (a large selection including spinners, wire rims, and other various styles )

tyres (whitewall,blackwall,offroad,runflat)

Hoods(2 or 3 different ones per car, also with carbon fiber versions) (muscle cars such as the sabre,tampa and dukes also have the option to add superchargers)

Grills (2 or 3 per aplicable car, not all cars have grills)

roll cages (1 or 2 per car)

neon

hydraulics

roof scoops

Offroad parts (available for suvs and pickups)

exhaust tips( 3-5 generic ones like gtasa)

Bullbars (maybe 2 or 3 different ones per car)

tailight guards

bed covers (mostly for pickups 2 or 3 per truck including campershell,standard and a standard with spoiler)

rooflights (1 or 2 per car),(may also include rollbars for pickups)

mudflaps.

Adjustables (adjustability depends on the car)

ride height

tire profile

wheel width

rim size

Paint (includes gloss, chrome,matte, pearlescent, and metalic options)

Primary color

secondary color

rim color

window tint

neon color

interior color

seat color

roof color (mostly for convertibles)

Interior mods

Sound systems ( includes full custom speeker,subwoofers,amps,and boxes that go either in the car or in the trunk of the car or the back of a pickup\suv like the spanish lords cavalcade) 1 or 2 sets per vehicle

seats( one or 2 different options per vehicle)

Performance mods (works in 3 stages) each stage increases power by ten percent)

Nitrous (works basically like it did in gtasa)

Turbo(increases engine power by 20%)Stage 2-30% ,stage 3-40%

Exhaust(increases engine power by 10%)

intake (increases engine power by 10%)

Tires(increases grip and acceleration)

Engine swap (switch the engine of the car to a more powerful but appropriate replacement list below)

supercharger(available only for v-type engines, increases engine power by 25%+15%for each additional stage )

compacts (cars like the blista compact and futo) ( engines can be removed from stolen cars in order to place them in your car. (power levels may be unrealistic in order to make the game better)

1.5l l4 150hp

2.0l l4 200hp

2.5 l4 240hp

3.0l l4 300hp

Compact and medium (cars like merit, feroci,sultan)

2.5l l6 280hp

3.0l l6 320hp

2.5l V6 250hp

medium only

3.0l V6 280hp

4.0l V6 300hp

medium and sports cars like, coquette, and muscle cars

4.6l v8 200hp

5.0l v8 230hp

5.4l v8 260

6.0l v8 300hp

Muscle cars

350ci v8 230hp

400ci v8 260hp

427ci v8 300hp

454ci v8 350hp

502ci v8 400hp

444ci semi v8 ( gta's hemi parody) 420hp

super cars, large trucks, and some sports cars

5.0l v10 300hp

6.0l v10 350hp

6.0l v12 400hp

7.0l v12 450hp

Weaponized parts (parts that make the car stronger and more destructive, may not be available on all cars, may also add weight to the car and thus slow it down) all weapons have infinite ammo and may be removed anytime the player wishes.

frontal weapons (only one may be equipped on each side at a time a different weapon may be equipped on the left and right side of the vehicle, so you could have a machine gun on the left side and a grenade launcher on the right side ect.)

Machine guns ( adds 20lbs to vehicle weight)

rocketlaunchers ( blow more stuff up adds 150lbs to vehicle weight)

flamethrowers ( set people on fire adds 100lbs to vehicle weight)

grenade launchers ( blow stuff up adds 80lbs to vehicle weight)

miniguns (faster and more deadly version of machineguns adds 120lbs to vehicle weight)

laser guns (why not? adds 50 lbs to vehicle weight slower but more powerful version of machineguns)

wheel weapons

kneecappers +10lbs

bullet proof tires

rear weapons (only one may be equipped at a time these are mostly defensive weapons)

tire spikes (+80lbs)

oil slicks +100lbs

mines+150lbs

body weapons

bullet proof glass +50lbs

bullet proof body +100lbs

spiked bumpers (replaces stock bumpers increases frontal and rear durability by 10%) +50lbs each

plow blades (replaces front bumper increases frontal durability by 20% may be equipped along with rear spiked bumpers) +100lbs

turrets ( like on the apc, only one may be equipped at a time and the ones that may be equipped vary with the vehicle)

mg turret (a small mg turret) +50lbs

rocket turret + 200lbs

tank gun turret+ 300lbs ( only for large vehicle like cavalcades and boxvilles)

Minigun turret +120lbs

so most vehicles can have 5 different weapons at a time and be made completely bullet proof!

I hope someone, Modder of GTA or no, can take requests, I want a 79 to 85 Eldorado (convertible or SS top) and a Firebird based around the later 3rd gen, or perhaps a '66 or '67 Chevelle. A late 70s Corvette Stingrays, more cool American cars, please! hahaha (if not exacting, hoping Rockstar can focus on a well rounded variety

I suspect one of the things holding up the game is adding things like this to the finale recipe

Also on The Weather Channel today, I saw some video from Times Square, NYC... it was wall to wall people, which begs the question, Why was GTA IV's LC no where near as populated? I heard when Dead Rising (? I forget for some reason) came out, the amount of peds or any human like entity on the screen at any given time was impressive, and perhaps could be done in different game genres. One things for sure, GTA has a long way to go yet! haha

Also on The Weather Channel today, I saw some video from Times Square, NYC... it was wall to wall people, which begs the question, Why was GTA IV's LC no where near as populated? I heard when Dead Rising (? I forget for some reason) came out, the amount of peds or any human like entity on the screen at any given time was impressive, and perhaps could be done in different game genres. One things for sure, GTA has a long way to go yet! haha

I think its because then you would be running into people left and right plus it be hard to keep the framerate, and then if they made the road traffic realistic there would be no point in hijacking a sports car as you wouldn't be able to get anywhere with it anyway without constantly running into other cars.It would really ruin the game. I think that with this level of modification this game could really be one of the best, like Saints Row 2 without the crappy driving physics, total lack of a sense of speed, and repetive (shoot this, shoot that, blow this up) missions, but with an even deeper modification system.

Edited by Strike9