Evasion in Five

BlackListedB

One of the pre Info topics of discussion has been about police or enemy presence in GTA V, changing the WANTED level system for each successive Grand Theft Auto seems a natural evolution to change up the gameplay. With what we've seen so far with new info screenshots, what do you think about the actual task of running from police or double crossed criminal factions??

I don't have any particular ideas for the wanted system, but they need to make it more difficult to escape from the police. They can keep the current system as long as things get revamped. Its too easy to shake a helicopter in IV.

Also K9 dogs would be awesome as long are there are no annoying quick time events - I can see those getting bothersome for some people. In IV I think I only used the spray n' pay twice on my first playthrough! Smarter AI, better tactics to stop the player (road blocks, spike strips). I can see the terrain playing a large role in aiding your escape (or thrwarting - mountain impasses anyone?) , that is were the helicopter would come in making things more harder for us.

• Like 1

I don't have any particular ideas for the wanted system, but they need to make it more difficult to escape from the police. They can keep the current system as long as things get revamped. Its too easy to shake a helicopter in IV.

Also K9 dogs would be awesome as long are there are no annoying quick time events - I can see those getting bothersome for some people. In IV I think I only used the spray n' pay twice on my first playthrough! Smarter AI, better tactics to stop the player (road blocks, spike strips). I can see the terrain playing a large role in aiding your escape (or thrwarting - mountain impasses anyone?) , that is were the helicopter would come in making things more harder for us.

And that would cause animal rights "watchdogs" to go sour if that was the case.

Just wish that they don't make the pilots too intelligent especially during the high level chases. Imagine how hard it would be to escape the pilot who operates the heavy guns of a police chopper or the military jet with 90% - 95% accuracy!

I like IV's system better than the previous gen , it's alot more informative with the extra radius visual on the radar, and the AI was far superior to boot. One thing bugged me, I always thought maybe each unit should have a cone of vision. Cops on foot get a narrower, but longer line of sight than mobile units who have a slightly shorter, but wider cone that is more heavily dictated by the direction of their vehicle. Choppers would have a huge LOS which is real hard to shake and interacts heavily with the mobile and foot units.

And that would cause animal rights "watchdogs" to go sour if that was the case.

True they got away with that in RDR because it was a true to the early 1900s. I'm holding onto some hope that we will see animals in the countryside that are interactible. Would you rather have animals in the game that you can't harm or no animals at all?

Good ideas.

Looking at the new screens, I wonder if subways will still be required to escape 5 or 6 star wanted levels. Almost appears as if the Heli can now follow you in tunnels., perhaps... since it flies so low to the ground in pursuit!

There will be animals, at least a minimal amount, No children are planned according to Sam Houser however. I didn't like GTA IV's in particular because you couldn't use stealth as practical to evade the radar perimeter, you had to literally run to the edge and THEN hide effectively. It needed to time back down on it's own. if you stayed hidden in the middle of a search perimeter, as previous GTAs seemed to do with flashing star levels IIRC

Edited by BlackListedB