Forum activity?

But hey, look at the bright side. Being inactive ensures less spam on the page, Members are always cool and don't go berserk(my way of saying that you all are awesome), the moderators are.... well...lets just pause on this one & the 25 year old, super genius, super awesome, amazing guy that runs the page has nothing to worry about.

But hey, look at the bright side. Being inactive ensures less spam on the page, Members are always cool and don't go berserk(my way of saying that you all are awesome), the moderators are.... well...lets just pause on this one & the 25 year old, super genius, super awesome, amazing guy that runs the page has nothing to worry about.

I get what you mean, but spam was never a big issue I think or shouldn't be an issue with the amount of moderators. I mean some topics in GTAV section haven't been replied to in weeks, gives the wrong impression to new members instantly.

Everyone who was active in the old days was roughly the same age. To be honest, I reckon everyone just sorta grew up a bit and had to deal with life. Chris and Gerard got jobs, Spaz achieved spiritual enlightenment and ascended to a higher state of being, Sky got married (:o) Urbanoutlaw probably got on his Harley and went on an actual rampage (nothing personal if you ever get round to reading this dude, just.. dat beard.) The likes of Noru, Jace, Red Devil, TNF, JayD, whoever Scott is (only know him via facebook now) edit: oh lol you posted above, sup dude? went to uni. Even the crazy people who turned up to troll occasionally dropped off the face of the earth. (Old staff / elites? who was the guy obsessed with Nascar? And the guy who was gonna like give up TV and shit? I lol'd) Dom's working on other projects and is kinda around. Ivan, Ciaran, Pilk, GTADON, Spidervice and WRX22B... Yellowjacket, OGTAM idk what happened with them. I know at least one of them's alive.

We had a freakin' sweet community at one point. There were sour spots, back when the flame pit (idk what it was called) existed. But it was mainly everyone vs spaz and he never threw his toys out the pram about it . Harwood got banned which was probably pretty harmful to activity since he had some strong friendships but I honestly can't remember why that happened so I can't say for sure.

Feels good to reminisce, and as much as I'd love this community to elevate back to where it was, and think it still could, the general standard of internet personality / behaviour is far lower than it was in the day.

• Like 4

Fuck that attitude. We can bring it back, I'll help! I'll be active in sections, I'm young, I'm fourteen, got VCS six years ago when I was 9 dude. It was my first GTA! And I'm a big fan, I love the games and I'm willing to put in the work. I'll attempt to be active in the VCS section, GTA V and the off topics. You guys don't need to stay in the past, we can live for the future. :drunks:

I never said / thought that it was irreparable, just that the likelihood is decreased when you take into account the mentality of your typical internet - goer. There are only a few sites I properly frequent, TGTAP happens to be the only one in which I actively participate, the others I peruse for business or because they're otherwise relevant to my interests.

The reason I stayed here is because the staff and community were welcoming... but since then I've witnessed and been a part of a not-so-welcoming side of internet and forum culture. This was even more evident to me when I kinda 'came back' to the internet after I finished my last job, got myself a new computer and so on; by this time, facebook integration and twitter hashtags and all that bullcrap were EVERYWHERE. Now, instead of writing your response to a fellow enthusiast for the sake of human collaboration and revelling in the wonder of dial up whilst your brothers scream bloody murder upstairs cause they want to use the phone, there's a thousand ways to call someone a faggot in pig English under a youtube video because they, amazingly, have a different opinion to your (not yours personally, I'm getting caught up in the sentence structure) clearly superior one. How, amongst this (the internet) breeding ground for the ignorant and misinformed, that more and more people are being sucked into at a younger and younger age, are we supposed to nurture a community who'd sooner pledge their soul to the pursuit of imitating some media puppet than drop their inhibitions, allow their preconceptions to be smashed before them and appreciate the beauty of the society that exists behind the grey, corporate crust that seems adamant to shadow us all.

Then how about we make this the place for intelligent GTA discussion without the childish teasing and foolish incoherent swear words blabbered everywhere? We can be that! I guess I'm being rather vague after such a lengthy post, bbut I can't stretch out my ideas very well. The GTA community isn't horribly bad, considering most GTA fans on YouTube don't browse forums often, why should that affect us?

Most people here make their accounts for their problems related to their respective GTA games. After that they are a no show. If you say you would bring it back all by yourself it will be like searching a needle in a haystack. The only members you will find online are Chris, Gerard, Llama, RED_91, Huckie, Sherman, Rem(if lucky)

Everyone who was active in the old days was roughly the same age. To be honest, I reckon everyone just sorta grew up a bit and had to deal with life. Chris and Gerard got jobs, Spaz achieved spiritual enlightenment and ascended to a higher state of being, Sky got married ( :o) Urbanoutlaw probably got on his Harley and went on an actual rampage (nothing personal if you ever get round to reading this dude, just.. dat beard.) The likes of Noru, Jace, Red Devil, TNF, JayD, whoever Scott is (only know him via facebook now) edit: oh lol you posted above, sup dude? went to uni. Even the crazy people who turned up to troll occasionally dropped off the face of the earth. (Old staff / elites? who was the guy obsessed with Nascar? And the guy who was gonna like give up TV and shit? I lol'd) Dom's working on other projects and is kinda around. Ivan, Ciaran, Pilk, GTADON, Spidervice and WRX22B... Yellowjacket, OGTAM idk what happened with them. I know at least one of them's alive.

We had a freakin' sweet community at one point. There were sour spots, back when the flame pit (idk what it was called) existed. But it was mainly everyone vs spaz and he never threw his toys out the pram about it . Harwood got banned which was probably pretty harmful to activity since he had some strong friendships but I honestly can't remember why that happened so I can't say for sure.

Feels good to reminisce, and as much as I'd love this community to elevate back to where it was, and think it still could, the general standard of internet personality / behaviour is far lower than it was in the day.

Hey dude! haha. I was well young when I first started posting on here...Joined in 2005 which made me about 13 I think lol, desperately trying to join a gang on the old gang system, which at the time was a fucking cool idea! haha. Sky got married?! If anything this place needs a new team of modeartors, becuse as you said, they've all got different things going on with their lives. Spider-Vice is still about, when I rarely sign into my old MSN account he always pops up :P. Didnt OGTAM get banned or some shit? haha! This place is so dead, but probably expected due to R* deciding not to release a game for about 359342349208420 years haha.

Moderators are not that hard to find and get. I mean I did have a long hiatus of this site because of Uni, but as soon as I heard gtav got announced, I was back here and there was a resurgence of activity when the first trailer came out but after that, nothing.

Llama is right, most of us did grow and go to uni, but really I think banning members like OGTAM was counter productive, sure he probably made mistakes (dont know why he got banned), but he was active and a good member.

Maybe we could advertise this site a little better. I mean other gta forums have less members, but are much more active that here.

Moderators are appointed on the decision of the admins and existing moderating teams. Whom they can trust or must be having proper knowledge of how to handle things on a forum. You just can't let some random guy to handle things. Could you? :confuse:

I know what you are saying. But I don't think lack of mods is the reason for inactivity.

It is easy on this forum to find good potential mods, for example I think you could be a mod on this forum.

Nah, i have way much to learn about a forum and how it operates.

Anyhow, you are speaking of to increase the level of activity, i remember people were much active when there were the gangs and all those heebie jeebie stuffs. We have to have some new and innovative ideas that people won't find anywhere else and will encourage them to input in the forums rather than making an account >> asking game related advice >> "oh! i get it. Thanks. Goodbye!"

Does anyone else see the irony in how every time one of these topics get posted it actually gets a decent amount of responses? Lol.

OGTAM was banned years ago for constantly disrespecting staff. Actually it wasn't constant, but he did it enough times to get noticed by pretty much every moderator at that time, and after enough times we simply decided to ban him. If he came back now I'd let him back. People change a lot over the years. I'd give him a second chance, if I saw no change then obviously I'd just ban again. I'm willing to give most people a second chance, but there are no third chances.

As Llama said, most of us would love to spend a lot more time here but we simply don't have as much time to do so as we did before. I think ALL of old members are now of the age where they have full-time jobs or are busy getting educated etc. And as these members moved on and spent less time here, we, for a variety of reasons, weren't able to keep up the activity by enticing new members to join, so there were no replacements and activity died down to what it is today.

GTA V will increase activity no doubt about it, we'll have to work at enticing everyone to stay here. Needs an effort on everyone's part though. People make the community, not what features we do or don't have.

• Like 1

Most people here make their accounts for their problems related to their respective GTA games. After that they are a no show. If you say you would bring it back all by yourself it will be like searching a needle in a haystack. The only members you will find online are Chris, Gerard, Llama, RED_91, Huckie, Sherman, Rem(if lucky)

Not me.

I would like to be more active but I've been busy with work, Been working 12 hour shifts at a new job. My sister just recently had a baby girl and I've been stuck with babysitting it on my time off. When I do get some time, I usually pop on the 360 and watch something on netflix or play a quick game. I do pop on to take a quick look at the forums at least once a day.

Does anyone else see the irony in how every time one of these topics get posted it actually gets a decent amount of responses? Lol.

OGTAM was banned years ago for constantly disrespecting staff. Actually it wasn't constant, but he did it enough times to get noticed by pretty much every moderator at that time, and after enough times we simply decided to ban him. If he came back now I'd let him back. People change a lot over the years. I'd give him a second chance, if I saw no change then obviously I'd just ban again. I'm willing to give most people a second chance, but there are no third chances.

As Llama said, most of us would love to spend a lot more time here but we simply don't have as much time to do so as we did before. I think ALL of old members are now of the age where they have full-time jobs or are busy getting educated etc. And as these members moved on and spent less time here, we, for a variety of reasons, weren't able to keep up the activity by enticing new members to join, so there were no replacements and activity died down to what it is today.

GTA V will increase activity no doubt about it, we'll have to work at enticing everyone to stay here. Needs an effort on everyone's part though. People make the community, not what features we do or don't have.

Appreciate the feedback. I just feel a little sad that I couldn't experience the good times. I came late to the party, and I'm hoping I can have an experience of my own, but even you seem a little tired of this forum.

Dom's working on other projects and is kinda around. Ivan, Ciaran, Pilk, GTADON, Spidervice and WRX22B... Yellowjacket, OGTAM idk what happened with them. I know at least one of them's alive.

'Sup. I'm still around, there's just not a lot to talk about as some of you said. When GTA V hits we will see our share of activity again, it's pretty good to remember the old times, but these were other times, people were younger, some of them and didn't have a lot to do, it's a bit different now, and the GTA V information drought isn't helping either.

The gang scene was what kept this alive at times, but it still was on the private forums, which didn't add anything worth discussing. There was also the MTA server, but that was always full of hackers and pretty much literally failed, but I think TGTAP will see its share of activity again in the future. :)

Edit: OGTAM? Shit, I still remember when that guy got banned, but I never really knew the reason at the time. I guess I do now. He also had hot chicks in his sigs.

Edited by Spider-Vice