GTA: Vice City 10th Anniversary Upcoming iOS and Android Release

Chris

actual_1351205673.jpg

As we speculated in the months gone by, Rockstar will be releasing a 10th Anniversary Edition of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for iOS and select Android devices this fall!

Building on the success of the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto III in 2001, the release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on October 29, 2002 pushed the open world game series deeper into popular culture with a vibrant over-the-top take on Miami, a stunning celebrity voice cast and a loving, satirical look at the cultural excesses of the ‘80s.

To celebrate, Rockstar will be releasing a series of commemorative assets including artwork and a new trailer depicting the most iconic scenes and music from the game, in addition to some highly collectible merchandise via the Rockstar Warehouse.

More details on the upcoming release for iOS and Android will be available in the next few weeks. The game will bring the "full experience to mobile devices, featuring native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms."

Source: Newswire, Full press release

As a member of the SC and Rocks' board, I was inspired by someone's comment about Tommy Vercetti to make mention of Ray Liotta's involvement, the late Dennis Hopper, and one of my big screen heros; Burt Reynolds. The book about GTA's inside workings tells the tale of difficulty onset with regard to voicing the script, and then of course, Liotta was dismissive of his fee after the work and the game then proved to sell like gang-busters, but I never EVER saw him mention Vice City anywhere, so I don't think he thought too highly of it, shame, really

R.I.P.

Dennis-Hopper.jpg

Dennis+Hopper+ApocalyseNow_DennisHopper_Kurt.jpg

http://stkarnick.com/?p=7605

Edited by BlackListedB

Already have a Vice City poster on my wall. Its huge. Its really up in the air on which game is my favorite in the series. Right now I have San Andreas on my profile.

Both games had a great set of cast. I first saw Reynolds in Deliverance and later in Boogie Nights. At the time I hadn't realized at the time of playing III, Vice City and San Andreas just how great a cast of actors Rockstar had assembled. Some of favorites in the series: Chris Penn (Officer Pulaski), James Woods (Mike Toreno), Luis Guzman (Ricardo Diaz), and Ray Liotta of course.

I think I'm most looking forward to the trailer and the artwork.