GTA v PC Version

Gtaftw

I really don't see how people can go against their fellow gamers because they chose their own "weapon of choice" that being Sony, Microsoft, PC, or..... handheld, online, etc, etc

We all like games and we pick our own platform, the problem lies in hardware always requiring software, that equation never changes, the two are separate entities, the software end in terms of even creating your own is up to you, the consumer, and up to the developer who put together the manpower, and money, all resources to offer a software product in any guise they so chose. That's all there is to say, I'm stopping any debate on this, since I'd like to see Rockstar offer AAA PC gaming titles, but like Multiplayer VS singleplayer, concentrated efforts in one versus the other results in disgruntled gamers, it's unavoidable as I see it. There's NO EASY ANSWER to this

I really don't see how people can go against their fellow gamers because they chose their own "weapon of choice" that being Sony, Microsoft, PC, or..... handheld, online, etc, etc

We all like games and we pick our own platform, the problem lies in hardware always requiring software, that equation never changes, the two are separate entities, the software end in terms of even creating your own is up to you, the consumer, and up to the developer who put together the manpower, and money, all resources to offer a software product in any guise they so chose. That's all there is to say, I'm stopping any debate on this, since I'd like to see Rockstar offer AAA PC gaming titles, but like Multiplayer VS singleplayer, concentrated efforts in one versus the other results in disgruntled gamers, it's unavoidable as I see it. There's NO EASY ANSWER to this

I don't go against people for being stupid enough to buy an Xbox or a PS3, I go against companies like Microsoft for trying to put an end to PC gaming, and developers like Rockstar for cashing in on PC gaming's misfortune and fucking up the competition's chances to actually make and sell good PC games. I read everything you said despite most of it being bullshit, maybe you should to the same instead of reading the first five words and replying.

Edited by TUN3R

We should probably lock this version of the thread, again trying to flame me for what I point out as things to keep in mind is senseless AND pointless, I don't program the code or make marketing decisions for Rockstar, but the factoids I was presenting paint out the picture of how the industry works and how Rockstar work within that industry, the SAME one, as I said, they follow a formula that's not all that new. PCs evolved in a shorter time frame then console gaming has been in existance, and though they (PCs) are superior, they are still not intended solely for gaming, the idea behind the consoles is to provide a uniform device dedicated to gaming, MaximumPC magazine believes the S.F.F. (small form factor) is seeing a rebirth, taking the large, cumbersome gaming PCs of the recent past and consolidating them with HTPCs, those intended to exploit graphics and sound for video and film presentations.

I would end in saying if you want to have a GTA game catering to PC, you'd have to go make it yourself, go to school for game design and make that game you so desire, like everyone who has done exactly that, they made a software product that thousands love to play, aka GTA

George Lucas had a desire for the type of film he wanted to see himself when he made STAR WARS, it worked, it inspired and spawned more films in that genre. Same idea applies in all fields of Entertainment

A few outside fans, outside of ROCKSTAR won't be able to cause a change in the direction of that company, think for a moment how many people ALREADY work inside the ROCKSTAR GAMES organization!

They already said, again, matter of fact record, that they don't take too much outside influence to make decisions, they do it within the employee pool. A Petition is one of the best options available to us, as well, boycotting if you can hold out, that's how I see it, but causing commotion with other fans because they're also vocal about what they like or hate about someone ELSE'S game makes no difference to the problem at hand

Edited by BlackListedB

My current thinking of PC gaming is that a gaming laptop might be the better console players move to a gaming on PC platform since it's more cost effective, consider a top mobo alone without any components added costs $300 to $400 USD!!

By 'fanboy', lets say I prefer hand controllers to manipulating keyboard and mice, never originally designed for gaming, I know, I started on 8 bit Apple, using ARROW keys to move in arcade games! (AWSD keys as well as AZ)

Edited by BlackListedB

My current thinking of PC gaming is that a gaming laptop might be the better console players move to a gaming on PC platform since it's more cost effective, consider a top mobo alone without any components added costs $300 to $400 USD!!

I'll pretend I understand that, even though I don't. You're saying a laptop is a better choice for gaming than a desktop amrite? Well...

-A laptop that is equal to a desktop in terms of performance will ALWAYS cost more, usually between 33% more. Over here they are 50% more but our economy is upside down at the moment so it doesn't count.

-Even though a laptop's power usage is lower, the battery and CPU have a tendency to overheat quicker. Chances are that if you plan on using a laptop for gaming you'll need so much cooling shit for it that it'll take up almost as much space as a desktop.

-Laptops tend to have more compatibility issues than desktops.

-Laptops are more diffficult to upgrade than desktops, and at the rate games these days are evolving, and the way game developers are doing their jobs, chances are you'll need to upgrade sooner or later.

-Laptops are much easily thrown out the window if your girlfriend catches you playing Call of Duty at 5:00 AM. It's true!

By 'fanboy', lets say I prefer hand controllers to manipulating keyboard and mice, never originally designed for gaming, I know, I started on 8 bit Apple, using ARROW keys to move in arcade games! (AWSD keys as well as AZ)

That's fine, but it's no excuse for devs to stop configuring keyboard imputs properly. The keyboard IS the standard on PC. How would you feel if GTA IV only supported Kinect / PS Move and not the standard controllers?

A laptop can get you into gaming in one easy move, PCs as I said are still going to be outdated faster then consoles. Price is also fairly nice if you buy a gently used one. There are plenty now, whereas in years past, there weren't. Anywayz, this thread was not required with the same topic also active elsewhere, just saying. I read PC magazines, and I might just try a gaming mouse, I see one for $40 list, not bad there, but a gaming keyboard?! Forget it, Not interested.

I noted the Intel Haswell and Broadwell will take over from Ivy and Sandybridge, which are still no slouch for performance, but the internal GPU is going to be pretty dang impressive and you WILL find them in all Intel laptops where they appear! Gaming is no longer a question in that case, however, there will be three levels of GPUs and going with the top tier is what you will want

Edited by BlackListedB

A laptop can get you into gaming in one easy move, PCs as I said are still going to be outdated faster then consoles. Price is also fairly nice if you buy a gently used one. There are plenty now, whereas in years past, there weren't. Anywayz, this thread was not required with the same topic also active elsewhere, just saying. I read PC magazines, and I might just try a gaming mouse, I see one for $40 list, not bad there, but a gaming keyboard?! Forget it, Not interested.

Once more you simply ignored my point, you're getting good at that.

I noted the Intel Haswell and Broadwell will take over from Ivy and Sandybridge, which are still no slouch for performance, but the internal GPU is going to be pretty dang impressive and you WILL find them in all Intel laptops where they appear! Gaming is no longer a question in that case, however, there will be three levels of GPUs and going with the top tier is what you will want

Don't be an asshole, I read everything you said even though most of it was bullshit, the least you can do is read mine.

I'm done expressing my simple thoughts on the matter, most of what I believe is true about Rockstar are based on those news-stories I pointed to, and the information direct or indirect that was coming from a legitimate source, not just fans or gamers chatting it up about what they THINK is the modus operandi at Rockstar Games. I believe whether it's Rockstar North or Take2's whole umbrella, there are 300 or more staffers who all share individual views, no one's is a heckuva lot more important then anyone elses, which is why the Housers said enough debate over the games development happens in-house. It's also highly likely there are those raised on PC gaming at Rockstar, but the heads of that company NOW are console centric, that that's been the case pretty much since DMA changed. What we are hoping for is a petition might garner enough response to have impact into Rockstar's own evaluations, again, absolutely not contesting that, but to do away with consoles or PCs?! Not gonna happen! (BTW, where's CR in this posting box? ARGH!?! Tun3r, your ideas are relatively half-baked, and I can wager well enough, simply not shared by all. What I get is that you want no PC edition of GTA if they can't do it better then console, if multiplatform....or what exactly??)

Edited by BlackListedB

*being full of shit as always*

Shut up -.- Go build another GTA altar or sacrifice another goat for Rockstar or some shit.

A lot is going on on the web... is it really coming to PC or these are just fake rumours in the social network? If all that is true is good news for us,right?

Both. You can count on a PC version some day but everything else regarding the PC version is pretty much bullshit. Before I was about 90% sure but that PC version pre-order leak (Amazon was it?) erased any doubt.

And that's good news for some of us, mainly the blind, naive or ignorant.

Edited by TUN3R

I just picked up the book JACKED this weekend, since you have a hard time getting the points I'm making, Tun3r, I suggest you also get that book and it will fill in the insight about Rockstar and it's people. I found it's a good jog for your memory, but for me, certainly not the only thing I've read about Rockstar and GTA

http://kotaku.com/5897054/the-players-vs-the-haters-a-fascinating-unauthorized-look-at-the-makers-of-grand-theft-auto

Edited by BlackListedB

Just keep thinking that and stay a foot or two out of Kicking Distance -

[paraphrase courtesy of Dave Mustaine]

Just cry to yourself, and read this (and weep)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/31/grand-theft-auto-vs-release-date-announced-rockstars-lips-still-sealed-over-pc/

Cry? Jesus... you are a moron. I think I mentioned at least 4 times that I hope GTA V never makes it to PC...

Just keep thinking that and stay a foot or two out of Kicking Distance -

[paraphrase courtesy of Dave Mustaine]

Just cry to yourself, and read this (and weep)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/31/grand-theft-auto-vs-release-date-announced-rockstars-lips-still-sealed-over-pc/

Cry? Jesus... you are a moron. I think I mentioned at least 4 times that I hope GTA V never makes it to PC...

Which is a fucking ridiculous thing for you to say. Just because your panties are all twisted up because you don't think Rockstar treats your precious device properly you hope they never release GTAV for it? Stop being such a whiny little bitch. For fucks sake, man, all you do is cry about how much GTA sucks compared to SR, and then turn around and cry that GTA pc releases aren't up to par for you? Then play SR, leave this forum, and let us all just carry on with living.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It appears without fanfare, Tuner was banned, he did keep pushing in a rude, and uncoth manner, so he deserved a harsh response.

A lot of questions remain about what Rockstar intend in supporting PC gaming, and I think based on GTA IV offspring using the same engine for it, this game should be coming to PC at some point.

Someone posted on Rocks' site that nVidia got the contract to make a PC version of GTA this time around, as interesting as that sounds, it makes little sense! haha

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

My sister's husband is a true PC gamer (Asus Republic of Gamer G73 laptop actually), and he's inquired with me about a PC version, but he's not obsessed with GTA or Rockstar in any way. It was interesting hearing all the talk of video gaming with people who were out and about last night, on the bus ride for example. A good section of people on the street were carrying the free game posters that Gamestop gave away, so you know where they were going!! hahaha