Grand Theft Auto V Petition for PC Format

MarkD1990

A petition has been created online by Grand Theft Auto fans who really want Rockstar Games to make a PC version of GTA V. Today, the Change.org petition for GTA V to be released for the PC has surpassed its initial goal of 100,000 supporters. Due to reaching this goal in such a quick pace, the creators of this petition have now moved on to a greater goal. As can be seen on the official listing for the GTA V petition, the goal is now set at 150,000 supporters. Currently, there are a total of approximately 116,434 supporters for this petition.

pc_gtav.png?resize=900%2C1304

We have signed the petition ourselves but in my opinion Rockstar Games may not take any notice of petitions, but yet again they might since they are only one of a few gaming companies that actually listen and take feedback from their fans.

Also in other news, gamers are set to delve into the Grand Theft Auto V universe through their Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems, but how big of a universe is it?

There are no real figures yet, but considering the size of GTA IV which is around 10 to 15 GB, the blockbuster-bound GTA V surely to surpass that by leaps and bounds. Our idea of Grand Theft Auto V being fitted to 60 GB game surely won’t surprise a lot of people.

Previous Rockstar Games titles such as L.A. Noire used to be a six-disc Xbox 360 game until it took them “a lot of effort to get down to three discs” which you can see now on retail stores. The factors that contribute to the size of the game mainly derived from the detail they put on the map as well as the character’s performances. Also with the map size, you will be playing in an area that is bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption, so imagine the size of the game if it does get released onto PC, it'll be like the size of the three games combined.

Source: Rockstar Source

Edited by MarkD1990

The funny thing is you guys should be petitioning for RED DEAD REDEMPTION on PC, I've said it plenty of times, the fervor over that just stalled out, I think gamers accepted a defeatist attitude in this case, whereas there's nary a question in my mind GTA will not come to PC, think about it... Max Payne three on PC?!? LA NOIRE on PC?!? All past GTAs of the main franchise variety, all issued for PC gamers, however, a question still remains about how useful Games for Windows Live is.

HOWEVER, there's little doubt that Microsoft is looking for ways to marry Xbox Live with GfWL or Windows 8 onward.

Keep in mind, over a year ago, it was predicted and reported in the tech press that Microsoft wishes to move to an online subscription based OS service, and Windows 8 is one of those steps toward a cross-platform formula, it will be less PC specific as far as future Windows installments, this is something I'm on the fence about personally, but it was stated in print, just what culminates down the road is not written in stone, ....or is it?!??

As far as multiple discs, it's a given for Xbox360, it uses DVD ROM, dual layer, that's all there is to that, Microsoft refuses to cater to BluRay, probably thinking it's too much Sony's baby, but I don't believe there's any REAL conflict of interest actually

Rockstar heads have expressed their most proud of their tech compressionists, claiming they're some of the best in the entire biz!!

Also note that using PS3 and Xbox360 caters to thousands and thousands of gamers with those consoles already, and certainly not a stretch that some more will continue to sell!

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1

I don't believe that either, the bigger the AAA title, the more critical the acclaim is for it, the more it's a suitable PC release, bottom line is the Housers are not PC gamers by their own personal history, I've mentioned before and it's publically reported, they came into game making from the Interactive BMG division, which was more about the music end of the Industry as I recall, they spent their youth playing consoles, and the games are built up with that market focused upon, other studios have centralized their work for PC, and they're PC gamers at heart, so you have to keep at it in terms of letting them know, you favor PC gaming, you spent plenty building your rig, and you're 'game' to buy Rockstar Games for PC.... there's always that hope alive, folks

I don't believe that either, the bigger the AAA title, the more critical the acclaim is for it, the more it's a suitable PC release, bottom line is the Housers are not PC gamers by their own personal history, I've mentioned before and it's publically reported, they came into game making from the Interactive BMG division, which was more about the music end of the Industry as I recall, they spent their youth playing consoles, and the games are built up with that market focused upon, other studios have centralized their work for PC, and they're PC gamers at heart, so you have to keep at it in terms of letting them know, you favor PC gaming, you spent plenty building your rig, and you're 'game' to buy Rockstar Games for PC.... there's always that hope alive, folks

I don't care about the Housers, they never hesitated to give us the finger so I don't see why I should hesitate to return the favor. But I do care about GTA.

Here's the facts: even if the developers weren't into PC games GTA I and II were released on PC first. And even IF they didn't care about PC gamers they still released PC versions of almost all the games in the series.

If it wasn't a PC series they never should have released 'em on PC (some of them only half-developed too) in the first place, period.

Edited by TUN3R

The Housers get much of the credit I believe for the 3D direction of GTA, but consoles are my preferred gaming vehicle as well, they have a lot of plusses not the least of which is common hardware to program for that all gamers are privy to, the API's like Direct X 10 and 11 allow programmers under Windows to use software tools that are more universal then all the laptops and PCs out on the market that can manage 2D and 3D graphics, this is painfully obvious if you're trying to game on a server with two CPUs and a Tesla or Quadro gaming card! hahaha

The power is there hardware wise, but the deep pockets are also a requirement, without any question

You can game on PCs with a budget, but no where as easily as with a console. The only advancement really overdue is better console controller technology, and having body movement recognition available now may seem as trendy as 3D gaming, but it could eventually give that much needed refinement in controls.

Your last comments about early GTA fail to take into account DMA, under different direction at the time. It was PC-centric, the Housers moved in the console direction with Rockstar forming out of DMA

Edited by BlackListedB

Regardless, at the end of the day, there should be no doubt that a PC version will be released. Seriously guys.... I don't even know what to make of people jumping to such rash conclusions based on small statements made before games are even completed. People will believe ANYTHING that is stated and then run around smacking people upside their heads for disagreeing with their obviously true facts.....

Regardless, at the end of the day, there should be no doubt that a PC version will be released. Seriously guys.... I don't even know what to make of people jumping to such rash conclusions based on small statements made before games are even completed. People will believe ANYTHING that is stated and then run around smacking people upside their heads for disagreeing with their obviously true facts.....

No doubt there will be a PC version. What I'm afraid of is they'll just take the Xbox version, slap a new UI, a video editor and mouse support to it, ''write ''GAYMZ 4 WINDOWZ'' on it and BAM! PC version!

I know what you're thinking: ''Yah well IV was just one game''. Well no, IV wasn't just one game, Rockstar has been delivering shitty ports ever since. LA Noire ran a little better than most because the graphics were from the PS2 generation. And IV was their biggest money maker at the time, you'd think they'd wanna port it themselves but nooo, they hired some unexperienced Canadians to do it.

If they can't make a proper PC game they shouldn't make one at all, let the competition do it.

Edited by TUN3R

Hey, now, come on, Games for Windows Live is on nearly all PC games out, is it not, it's also from Microsoft, maker of all those Windows since the MSDOS dayz, and as well, Xbox, Xbox360, and your next console device I'm sure!

Windoz 8!??! Ya Heard?!???

Besides, you must be sleeping if you missed the news that Xbox Live and Windows OS for PC will be re-transformed in the year or years ahead, the plan is to integrate them more, this could be a bad thing in some respects, but Sony too had their own vision for Playstation being a multifaceted product and a key entertainment center console, however, that dream has not materialized as one might have expected, it's still having some conviction in a product they chose to run with ultimately, and for a number of years, as it stands

The biggest hurdle in some respects is Apple computing and gaming aimed at PC (IBM) users, now that Intel is "Inside" Apple products, it's not such an issue.

Anyway, as it sounds, a Petition will not resolve the eventuality that the PC GTA 5 (assuming it is delayed of course) will be a port of a game issued to consoles, The main issue is how Rockstar have learned from any PC programming mistakes already made with past games they've issued on PC, hopefully they can iron those problems out in the future, and as long as gaming and PCs exist in our lifetime, there's little doubt some form of entertainment software will be around to run on the platforms,

The problem I've always had is that more companies aren't following Rockstar's lead, where the idea behind GTA might be hard to replicate away from the Saints Row series, where it can be deemed a 'rip off' to some, but take the working, strong elements that make GTA such a blast and try and replicate it, as Battlefield 3 or Skyrim might work better for PC, they still offer the game to console owners, but it's optimized in the PC corner

Edited by BlackListedB

Hey, now, come on, Games for Windows Live is on nearly all PC games out, is it not, it's also from Microsoft, maker of all those Windows since the MSDOS dayz, and as well, Xbox, Xbox360, and your next console device I'm sure!

Then clearly you don't play that many PC games. And Windows stopped being Microsoft's priority a long time ago.

Windoz 8!??! Ya Heard?!???

Besides, you must be sleeping if you missed the news that Xbox Live and Windows OS for PC will be re-transformed in the year or years ahead, the plan is to integrate them more, this could be a bad thing in some respects, but Sony too had their own vision for Playstation being a multifaceted product and a key entertainment center console, however, that dream has not materialized as one might have expected, it's still having some conviction in a product they chose to run with ultimately, and for a number of years, as it stands

Ether that or it's just another one of the millions of rumors floating around on the internet. Knowing Microsoft, I wonder how long it will be till Windows no longer supports games...

The biggest hurdle in some respects is Apple computing and gaming aimed at PC (IBM) users, now that Intel is "Inside" Apple products, it's not such an issue.

Anyway, as it sounds, a Petition will not resolve the eventuality that the PC GTA 5 (assuming it is delayed of course) will be a port of a game issued to consoles, The main issue is how Rockstar have learned from any PC programming mistakes already made with past games they've issued on PC, hopefully they can iron those problems out in the future, and as long as gaming and PCs exist in our lifetime, there's little doubt some form of entertainment software will be around to run on the platforms,

Simple: they haven't. Firstly because GTA IV wasn't ported by Rockstar North, and secondly because they are the most ignorant developers in existance, which is generally a good thing since the majority of fans are idiots, had Rockstar given a damn about what they say GTA would have become an endless seriest of Vice City remakes. In this case however...

The problem I've always had is that more companies aren't following Rockstar's lead, where the idea behind GTA might be hard to replicate away from the Saints Row series, where it can be deemed a 'rip off' to some, but take the working, strong elements that make GTA such a blast and try and replicate it, as Battlefield 3 or Skyrim might work better for PC, they still offer the game to console owners, but it's optimized in the PC corner

1. GTA never tried drifting away from the gameplay style shared at some point with Saints Row, but vice-versa. Which is bull**** if on Volition's side if you ask me. Like I said, one of the reasons Rockstar was so successful is that they are masters in the art of not giving a shit about anyone.

2. Skyrim doesn't work better on PC, not on most PC's anyway. That's if we talk performance, cause as far as bugs and glitches go the PC version tops the 360 and PS3, although most of 'em are the same. I don't know about BF3 but I've played NFS The Run (also a Junkbite 2 game) and it's clear as daylight that it's not a game made for anything smaller than a $1500 rig. Not to mention it looks like crap... Frostbite 2 games tend to have this ether cyan-esque or sunset orange atmosphere all the time.

3. If everybody were like Rockstar, it would most likely lead to one of two scenarios: A. There would be no more PC gaming. B. There would be only one game developer left, since everybody would slowly and stealthly shut or buy everybody out... and there would be no more PC gaming.

PC gaming has been shat on so much it's no wonder devs are forgetting their roots. Only hope left is Valve, aparently they are preparing an almighty kick in the balls for Microsoft and consoles, ether that or they are making their own console...

Edited by TUN3R

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just rallying for the same doggedness when it comes to Red Dead Redemption, can anyone tell me otherwise? Why not? GTA and RDR are at the pinnacle of Rockstar's gaming prowess, me thinks

True, but where are you getting at? In Engliish if possible...

Where am I getting at? How about ENGLISH from you as well, I honestly don't know why you're trying to discredit me, I got my info from GTAForums mostly, the EDGE cover story for GTA IV and as I said, if you don't think honest-to-God news ever showed up at GTAForums, then I don't know what to tell ya, dude, but I would bet you some cash there has been true news reports that Rockstar didn't substantiate themselves.

I'm inclined to get Skyrim for PC versus console since it's what I would say more associated with PC style games historically. And I'd read a Q and A based on it's performance, if you're having issues, might be your CPU, where they deemed it most taxing on, versus GPU of the PC.

GTA's Sam Houser himself gave much of the story behind RAGE and Euphoria in the EDGE magazine for GTA IV. I'll do some Search engine via GTAF's site to see if I can scare up the original postings, but a lot of time has passed since

For RDR, I'm saying if you believe GTA should always be on PC as well, why not RDR and any further western or Rock San Diego franchise of that stature also be on PCs?

The addressing of PC versus console I've been tackling from the unbiased position of being 45+ years old, been playing VIDEO based games since the 1970s, this is NO BULL', I've seen the total evolution of gaming in one way or another, and my opinion is that in the Houser's case, or specific developers and their lead people, it can easily come down to what system you started out on.

Been thinking about this since we've been bringing it all up again, I don't like putting out the same old tired arguments found elsewhere, I think if you run a company making software, there's only a very marginal outside influence that will pave the way for the products final resting place (which platforms they cater to), the petition measure is one where they may well take notice, but sad to say, the gamer themselves speak most loudly with their pocketbook, where boycotting is probably your main resort to making a message that's felt. There are a lot of games now based on just having NET connection, no hardware specifically selected, that seems to be a large part of gaming's future, but the consoles will persist for another 10 to 20 years, and likely beyond that, they're not going away any time soon, so you have to live with THAT fact.

PC gaming will never go away based on the amazing tech that keeps evolving, there WILL be someone out there wanting to explore it.

So, I wouldn't worry about that specifically, Rockstar are one of those studios that don't bank on strong PC sales returns, that's the issue ultimately at stake here

Edited by BlackListedB

Where am I getting at? How about ENGLISH from you as well, I honestly don't know why you're trying to discredit me, I got my info from GTAForums mostly, the EDGE cover story for GTA IV and as I said, if you don't think honest-to-God news ever showed up at GTAForums, then I don't know what to tell ya, dude, but I would bet you some cash there has been true news reports that Rockstar didn't substantiate themselves.

I'm inclined to get Skyrim for PC versus console since it's what I would say more associated with PC style games historically. And I'd read a Q and A based on it's performance, if you're having issues, might be your CPU, where they deemed it most taxing on, versus GPU of the PC.

GTA's Sam Houser himself gave much of the story behind RAGE and Euphoria in the EDGE magazine for GTA IV. I'll do some Search engine via GTAF's site to see if I can scare up the original postings, but a lot of time has passed since

FYI GTAF is full of idiots. Don't know which is worse, them or saintsrowmods.com. And gaming journalism is nothing more than a bad joke, if you really take what those so called "journalists" say for granted then you're ether a fanboy or just too gullible. So far I'm inclined to think it's the first one.

Next, I'm not trying to discredit you (well not on purpose anyway). It's just that half the time your English fucking sucks. Your spelling is fine but your articulation is terrible, and you always use words without knowing what they mean. I've said it before and I'll say it again, read... a mother... fucking... dictionary. Christ. Nobody can speak perfect English but yours is at the bottom of the pit.

For RDR, I'm saying if you believe GTA should always be on PC as well, why not RDR and any further western or Rock San Diego franchise of that stature also be on PCs?

Because Rockstar can't make proper PC games. Max Payne 3 came close but it still has plenty of issues, and Max Payne 3 is a small game compared to whatGTA V will be based on what I've seen so far.

I believe what you're asking is "why shouldn't Rockstar release PC games at all, even if they are bad ports". I've alread answered this twice but you didn't bother reading, and I'm sure you won't bother now ether but I'll say it again: because if Rockstar fucks off, the competition might focus on the PC market, and we'd finally get some decent games. Console players get GTA, we get Saints Row / Mafia / True Crime / w/e. Everybody wins. But no, Rockstar always have to release the shitty PC ports to bank some extra cash, greedy fucks.

The addressing of PC versus console I've been tackling from the unbiased position of being 45+ years old, been playing VIDEO based games since the 1970s, this is NO BULL', I've seen the total evolution of gaming in one way or another, and my opinion is that in the Houser's case, or specific developers and their lead people, it can easily come down to what system you started out on.

So? Where's your point dude.

Been thinking about this since we've been bringing it all up again, I don't like putting out the same old tired arguments found elsewhere, I think if you run a company making software, there's only a very marginal outside influence that will pave the way for the products final resting place (which platforms they cater to), the petition measure is one where they may well take notice, but sad to say, the gamer themselves speak most loudly with their pocketbook, where boycotting is probably your main resort to making a message that's felt. There are a lot of games now based on just having NET connection, no hardware specifically selected, that seems to be a large part of gaming's future, but the consoles will persist for another 10 to 20 years, and likely beyond that, they're not going away any time soon, so you have to live with THAT fact.

YOUR POINT, where is it?

PC gaming will never go away based on the amazing tech that keeps evolving, there WILL be someone out there wanting to explore it.

So, I wouldn't worry about that specifically, Rockstar are one of those studios that don't bank on strong PC sales returns, that's the issue ultimately at stake here

Who's worried about that? I swear you're making up stuff and changing the subject just to confuse me... when did we ever talk about PC gaming dying cause a new iPhone or console comes out?

Edited by TUN3R

I'm not gonna intervene here, since the discussion makes for a good read whilst I'm on the khazi. However, it does appear we're having the same or very similar discussions in 2 or 3 threads, so if we could just have it in the one that'd be fantastic. I'd ask you to decide amongst yourselves as to which but you probably wouldn't reach an agreement.

Fuck it, can we carry on the discussion in this thread and leave the other one be, since it's a news thread and if we get traffic through to that news we'd maybe want them to see something a little less..heated. I don't care if TECHNICALLY you think they are different arguments discussions, I'm just requesting you get it all out in this thread here. Plus it makes moderating and so on a just a little bit easier on my part and the part of the other mods

As you were, gentlemen. Play nice.

I didn't single out more then one thread about the subject, and I'm also done explaining it in so many words, if you doubt my comments, all of them, then do some homework and don't expect me to waste my time, it's pretty obvious based on some facts why those PC versions from Rockstar Games are lacking, but the open, unanswered question is why they are sporadic in output, and or lacking the quality of AAA titles in PC format, as well, ask yourself why Microsoft is dividing loyalty among PC software and now hardware with tablet SURFACE and Xbox hardware, which is tackled in the same tradition Sony did.

The point I was making that only seemed Off Topic as you picked the comments apart in quotes making it harder to render a good response for everyone, is that Rockstar don't operate on some foreign business model all their own, the same venues for product exist for all in this Entertainment Marketplace, again, you don't believe me?! Then do some homework and research, but you might be living on some other planet if you still don't see this as fact of the matter.

I'd like you to point out this word I used incorrectly, dictionary handy or not, if you think I'm off with the word's meaning, you don't need to reference a dictionary to point it out.

You're the smarter man, but I don't get your comments about Rockstar not making PC games, why should they do only consoles? What the idea of making a point in this argument, petition, or any fanbased input is that Rockstar might consider taking this idea to heart, and I don't hate them for their faults, everyone has those, you can't expect perfection across the board

Edited by BlackListedB

I didn't single out more then one thread about the subject, and I'm also done explaining it in so many words, if you doubt my comments, all of them, then do some homework and don't expect me to waste my time, it's pretty obvious based on some facts why those PC versions from Rockstar Games are lacking, but the open, unanswered question is why they are sporadic in output, and or lacking the quality of AAA titles in PC format, as well, ask yourself why Microsoft is dividing loyalty among PC software and now hardware with tablet SURFACE and Xbox hardware, which is tackled in the same tradition Sony did.

Because the Housers are a couple of greedy assholes and Microsoft is your usual evil company that would rather sell more garbage than one good product, even if that product is popular as all hell and was proven to take them to the top.

Don't bring Sony into this, they have their own product and they stick with it. Microsoft and Rockstar were involved in PC software way before Xbox. But fuck Rockstar, they are just a game developer, but Microsoft created the most popular PC operating system, which made them the biggest corporation on the planet, you don't need to be an expert in logic (which definitely isn't your case) to realize that they should have continued to put Windows ahead of every other product from every point of view, including gaming.

The point I was making that only seemed Off Topic as you picked the comments apart in quotes making it harder to render a good response for everyone, is that Rockstar don't operate on some foreign business model all their own, the same venues for product exist for all in this Entertainment Marketplace, again, you don't believe me?! Then do some homework and research, but you might be living on some other planet if you still don't see this as fact of the matter.

I don't believe you because I have no idea what the fuck you're saying. "All their own"? Is that even an expression?

I'd like you to point out this word I used incorrectly, dictionary handy or not, if you think I'm off with the word's meaning, you don't need to reference a dictionary to point it out.

You're the smarter man, but I don't get your comments about Rockstar not making PC games, why should they do only consoles? What the idea of making a point in this argument, petition, or any fanbased input is that Rockstar might consider taking this idea to heart, and I don't hate them for their faults, everyone has those, you can't expect perfection across the board

I already answered that three fucking times, but you never bother reading. You always reply as soom as you see my post just to show what a great fanboy you are.

You've done good job.

The points I bring up as most factual you can fact check against what I said here, but because I read it while a member, LONG STANDING, at GTAForums, doesn't mean it's all heresay or invalid gamer chat, some of what gets out is factual, but everyone is a skeptic, which at times is understandable. I can make out what I posted, you might need to just RE-READ it till it makes more sense to YOU! hahaha

'all their own' is not an Expression, what that sentance is saying is what you seem to be thinking, that Rockstar operate outside the norms of the gaming industry, I'm not sure what your entire stance is, and you basically shunned all my prose, did you not?! (syntax error?! haha)

Edited by BlackListedB

The points I bring up as most factual you can fact check against what I said here, but because I read it while a member, LONG STANDING, at GTAForums, doesn't mean it's all heresay or invalid gamer chat, some of what gets out is factual, but everyone is a skeptic, which at times is understandable. I can make out what I posted, you might need to just RE-READ it till it makes more sense to YOU! hahaha

You can understand what you say. Congratulations, you're up for a Nobel, moron.

'all their own' is not an Expression, what that sentance is saying is what you seem to be thinking, that Rockstar operate outside the norms of the gaming industry, I'm not sure what your entire stance is, and you basically shunned all my prose, did you not?! (syntax error?! haha)

Then maybe you should write your own dictionary, so that people don't have to take a milion guesses till they understand what the fuck you mean, since you seem to be giving your own meanins to the various words and expressions you use.

Because the Housers are a couple of greedy assholes and Microsoft is your usual evil company that would rather sell more garbage than one good product, even if that product is popular as all hell and was proven to take them to the top.

I don't believe you because I have no idea what the fuck you're saying. "All their own"? Is that even an expression?

@Bold: Are you a communist? If you are fair enough but from what I have read of your posts on this forum you seem to be opposed to anyone how makes a profit. Also Microsoft are not some evil company at all. I is up to the individual to decide what operating system they want, Microsoft do not stand and put a gun to their head.

@Underlined: Not understanding what he says is not a reason to not believe him. That is just ignorance on your part.

To conclude you appear to be an immature individual who is closed minded towards views and opinions that differ from your own. I suggest you do some growing up pretty quicky :)

@Bold: Are you a communist? If you are fair enough but from what I have read of your posts on this forum you seem to be opposed to anyone how makes a profit. Also Microsoft are not some evil company at all. I is up to the individual to decide what operating system they want, Microsoft do not stand and put a gun to their head.

Don't ever call me a communist you little shit, you don't have the right. And there's a difference between someone who's making a profit by selling their clients what they pay for, and someone whio's making a profit by reducing production costs and (consequently) the product's quality, yet mainaining the same price.

@Underlined: Not understanding what he says is not a reason to not believe him. That is just ignorance on your part.

Lmao, really? So if I can't understand what someone says, I'm supposed to take them for granted? Just like that? Hmm that's informative, I think I'll start speaking Chineze, maybe this way people will believe me since I'm sure at least 90% of this community doesn't understand Chineze.

To conclude you appear to be an immature individual who is closed minded towards views and opinions that differ from your own. I suggest you do some growing up pretty quicky :)

And you're just another one of the hypocritical fanboys that populate this fuckin* community. Last I checked I wasn't the one getting shouted at cause I said something bad about Rockstar... oh wait, yes I was.

Edited by TUN3R

Glad to see you're still up to the same things, Tuner. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew you weren't out here starting shit with people over bullshit like their own opinions or them not speaking as proper of English as you do even though your spelling isn't quite up to par.

Seriously, people, unless you enjoy doing this, you shouldn't argue with Tuner. It's not ending, not anytime soon.

• Like 1

AVG just logged a threat at this site, Rockstarsource, something, be aware, there's a malware threat somewhere around here!!

Anywho, the bottom line is that Rockstar under Housers rather then David Jones is going to be console-centric, and the history of gaming always favors consoles, though PCs have grown under "Moore's Law" exponentially, so PC gaming could be the king ultimately but software designers and engineer's efforts ultimately make the difference, not the hardware, without software, it's about as useful as a doorstop or paperweight! End of story