Grand Theft Auto V Petition for PC Format

MarkD1990

Facts are as I presented them in the postings where I could not edit, but rather append. The basic argument is what you as a consumer are faced with, eating, lets say, in comparison, PC gaming is like cooking at home or eating gourmet, however, Fast food and just ordering someone to cook for you, getting your food and eating that way results in the same end, you get sustainance, console gaming is the FAST FOOD route to getting full, whereas making the food yourself, or paying more for something special is the PC route to the same end, however, as I made note many times, PCs are not exclusive to gaming, they just afford it via the technical attributes of the components they contain, but they are not built namely for gaming, most people use them like Swiss Army Knives

Facts are as I presented them in the postings where I could not edit, but rather append. The basic argument is what you as a consumer are faced with, eating, lets say, in comparison, PC gaming is like cooking at home or eating gourmet, however, Fast food and just ordering someone to cook for you, getting your food and eating that way results in the same end, you get sustainance, console gaming is the FAST FOOD route to getting full, whereas making the food yourself, or paying more for something special is the PC route to the same end, however, as I made note many times, PCs are not exclusive to gaming, they just afford it via the technical attributes of the components they contain, but they are not built namely for gaming, most people use them like Swiss Army Knives

If you are talking about PC games being more expensive, you are wrong, console games are a lot more expensive than PC games. If you meant it is more expensive due to PC components being expensive then yeah that's true but at the end of the day you pay more for higher end performance. I mean I built my PC about 3 years ago now and it will still out perform any console on the market. I guess at the end of the day it's swings and round-a-bouts, console gamers pay less for their machines but get charged more for their games, PC gamers pay more for their machines but less for games. Console gaming is more convenient for some people but (on the whole) you get better performance out of PC games. It's all down what you want/can afford.

Also consoles are no longer exclusive to gaming, they are gaining more and more PC-like functionality for example you can have apps like youtube on your console, they have built in web browsers and I know that on the PlayStation3 you can browse your network for media servers and play videos and music from anyone connected to your network (provided the permissions are set right)

I've complained before about expiring EDIT postings even if you're remembered and logged in, you lose the ability after about an hour from logging in. Anywho, I was busy actually reading links to see what could bolster the information we're presenting. I could not get GTAForums search working, so getting to those postings I read over a year or more, that's tricky, but I encourage you to seek the same out.

Playstation portable basically was the first of current hardware to multitask, and with PSVita, there's GPS, cameras, touchscreens, lacking a smart phone built in, but I was again thinking it would lead to some modular upgrades, which ultimately would help hardware avoid the aging conundrum.

@TBF, Here in the Midwest, PC games are $60USD when new, as are console games, the same price, which used to differ by about $10, but not so anymore, so I don't see a lot of savings to brag about money wise unless you get 10 years mileage from the same console you bought, I replaced both of mine for RROD or freezeups, so it's also debatable with regard to that

Edited by BlackListedB

Facts are as I presented them in the postings where I could not edit

Facts my ass.

If you are talking about PC games being more expensive, you are wrong, console games are a lot more expensive than PC games.

No shit, maybe he'll at least listen to you.

If you meant it is more expensive due to PC components being expensive then yeah that's true but at the end of the day you pay more for higher end performance. I mean I built my PC about 3 years ago now and it will still out perform any console on the market. I guess at the end of the day it's swings and round-a-bouts, console gamers pay less for their machines but get charged more for their games, PC gamers pay more for their machines but less for games. Console gaming is more convenient for some people but (on the whole) you get better performance out of PC games. It's all down what you want/can afford.

True, but you haven't taken into account the possibility of the console / PC breaking. If a PC breaks you simply replace (or repair, in some cases) the broken component. If a console breaks I seriously doubt you'll find spare parts at any store, and have to replace the whole thing. Sure, there are PC parts that cost as much as three consoles but you don't really need gear that expensive to run games perfectly, even today's poorly optimized games.

Not to mention, heh, the Xbox 360's tendency to "personalize" your disk if you accidentally put something on it or nudge the table (or just forget to clean it). And like you said, console games are much more expensive.

On the long run I doubt console gaming is that much cheaper, I seriously doubt it. Not to mention you'll need a PC, for other things. Is a console + a cheap PC really more convenient than a good PC? I seriously doubt it once more.

Also consoles are no longer exclusive to gaming, they are gaining more and more PC-like functionality for example you can have apps like youtube on your console, they have built in web browsers and I know that on the PlayStation3 you can browse your network for media servers and play videos and music from anyone connected to your network (provided the permissions are set right)

When consoles support Microsoft Office, DevC++ or uTorrent you call me. Until then consoles still have very, very, very, limited use.

Edited by TUN3R

The most important thing to take away, as I presented as FACT and it's pretty much futile for you to try and deny, that DMA under David Jones is a PC centric version of pre-Rockstar North, Pre-Rockstar Games, but under both Housers, it's console-centric, you also cannot deny any which way you try, that consoles were on the scene prior to any home computer, sorry, Charlie, but them is the facts, Jack!

I will keep telling you, you can't argue with this information I mentioned. You're creating that belief in your mind only.

The other points I made was about engines and the Development Kit on which these are programmed. I don't presume to know specific dynamics within Rockstar, but just like any company, there are plenty of people WITHIN their ranks who come from varied gaming back-grounds, I should hope there's not the type of feud we've seen on forums that prevents things from getting done, but they're being leisurely by the ideal of creating the quality they hope for, and as such, there's no real time limit for a possible PC edition, I still expect to see one for GTA V, but I believe WE need to keep pushing for RED DEAD RED, and it's a very real idea that any followup WOULD see PC release, but not the prior game.

If you missed it or forgot this article, I just re-dug it up, posting it here even though it's not about PC or console but the game/s

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/arts/video-games/q-and-a-rockstars-dan-houser-on-grand-theft-auto-v.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

What I was trying to 'scare up' is one of the last quotes I heard from Dan Houser, saying they won't stop making GTA (or games in general) until they have replicated the real World, that's the kind of thing that excites me because it means open Sandbox gamings just gettin' good!

Edited by BlackListedB

The most important thing to take away, as I presented as FACT and it's pretty much futile for you to try and deny, that DMA under David Jones is a PC centric version of pre-Rockstar North, Pre-Rockstar Games, but under both Housers, it's console-centric, you also cannot deny any which way you try, that consoles were on the scene prior to any home computer, sorry, Charlie, but them is the facts, Jack!

I never did, the hell is wrong with you?

I will keep telling you, you can't argue with this information I mentioned. You're creating that belief in your mind only.

You're confused brother, I can argue with whatever the fuck I want, especially with a 40 or so year old prick who just came home after spending most if not all of his life on Mars, and who claims that an opinion or a possibility is a fact just because he says so. How's your altar coming along btw?

The other points I made was about engines and the Development Kit on which these are programmed. I don't presume to know specific dynamics within Rockstar, but just like any company, there are plenty of people WITHIN their ranks who come from varied gaming back-grounds, I should hope there's not the type of feud we've seen on forums that prevents things from getting done, but they're being leisurely by the ideal of creating the quality they hope for, and as such, there's no real time limit for a possible PC edition, I still expect to see one for GTA V, but I believe WE need to keep pushing for RED DEAD RED, and it's a very real idea that any followup WOULD see PC release, but not the prior game.

Yes it is very real yes... yes, well mostly in your head.

If you missed it or forgot this article, I just re-dug it up, posting it here even though it's not about PC or console but the game/s

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

What I was trying to 'scare up' is one of the last quotes I heard from Dan Houser, saying they won't stop making GTA (or games in general) until they have replicated the real World, that's the kind of thing that excites me because it means open Sandbox gamings just gettin' good!

Yes you just thought about going off-topic just for the sake of creating more hype. That's fine, I wish the Housers luck. I also wish they'd stop making f*cking PC games.

Edited by TUN3R

Yes you just thought about going off-topic just for the sake of creating more hype. That's fine, I wish the Housers luck. I also wish they'd stop making f*cking PC games.

Reaaaaall simple buddy.... DON'T FUCKING BUY THEM.

It's not "Raaaaaaaall simpl3" at all if you had any idea what we were... what I was talking about.

Ditto to you Tun3r, as I was so impressed by your impassioned plea, I felt YOU were living on Mars earlier, not in touch with how the gaming Industry works, and the ideas I have are based on the realities of the gaming Industry, based off years in the making, evolution. Nothing has fundamentally changed since going 3D and Higher Tech. The dynamics of the company is based on the individuals in charge of it. That is fact, and my speculation is based on mostly fact, not guess work

The point of any successor for RDR coming to PC is still a very real possibility, and if you think not, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when it so happens to come to fruition. Again, the idea behind these two threads is how to motivate Rockstar into giving more thought to their PC editions, but I for one don't want the PC to forsake the console versions, or vice-versa, the added benefit of buying more then one copy could be the benefits of PC, it seems to me, specifically coming down in favor of modding.

Some blame Rockstar's moves since Hot Coffee and as well, the pirating of software into making that a tough proposition. I still think it's open, but not as open as others.

Anywayz, just shut up and enjoy continuing GTA adventures, if you have to buy a console at least it won't set you back $400 to $600 like they did back in the day! OUCH!

Edited by BlackListedB

Ditto to you Tun3r, as I was so impressed by your impassioned plea, I felt YOU were living on Mars earlier, not in touch with how the gaming Industry works, and the ideas I have are based on the realities of the gaming Industry, based off years in the making, evolution. Nothing has fundamentally changed since going 3D and Higher Tech. The dynamics of the company is based on the individuals in charge of it. That is fact, and my speculation is based on mostly fact, not guess work

That's true. But that's not what you said earlier.

The point of any successor for RDR coming to PC is still a very real possibility, and if you think not, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when it so happens to come to fruition. Again, the idea behind these two threads is how to motivate Rockstar into giving more thought to their PC editions, but I for one don't want the PC to forsake the console versions, or vice-versa, the added benefit of buying more then one copy could be the benefits of PC, it seems to me, specifically coming down in favor of modding.

"Pleasantly surprised?" Again, more proof that you haven't been reading anything I wrote so far.

I have, and it became clear as daylight that you don't know anything about modding so your arguments are invalid in that sector.

Some blame Rockstar's moves since Hot Coffee and as well, the pirating of software into making that a tough proposition. I still think it's open, but not as open as others.

Unrelated. And all Hot Coffee did was bump their sales even further.

Anywayz, just shut up and enjoy continuing GTA adventures, if you have to buy a console at least it won't set you back $400 to $600 like they did back in the day! OUCH!

They would, actually. But anyway, why buy a console? Why buy one when I have a PC and it's perfectly capable of running video games? No, not gonna happen, I don't care if they are $100 or $600, I don't need one and I won't buy one just cause of some stupid game. No game is worth $600, not even GTA.

Consoles don't have any advantages over PC except for the ones that ignorant developers like Rockstar have created by delivering shitty PC ports over and over.

Edited by TUN3R

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mod in particular because I usually want plug and play fun, even though for me, getting a laptop for GTA is uber important, and PC is nice as well, but having GTA on the go without a PS portable means a gaming laptop that is at least 3D savvy is worth paying some attention to, I ask for you to enlighten us about your expertise on modding, rather then say I know nothing, I know something, Mr.

BTW, I never cursed you, why do you take such a craptastic stance of doing so to me?

Buy a console to play Red Dead Redemption at least, a console game not ported by Rockstar, but it sure as hell looks and plays like a PC game I would and have said. If it comes to PC, it's likely someone cared enough to petition Rockstar, but on console it's a fantastic experience just the same!!

Edited by BlackListedB

I don't mod in particular because I usually want plug and play fun, even though for me, getting a laptop for GTA is uber important, and PC is nice as well, but having GTA on the go without a PS portable means a gaming laptop that is at least 3D savvy is worth paying some attention to, I ask for you to enlighten us about your expertise on modding, rather then say I know nothing, I know something, Mr.

I would, but there's a lot of explain and I'd be wasting my time since you would only bother reading the first three words (I'm being optimistic I admit).

And speak for yourself, just because Spaz and the others are on the same idiot level as you doesn't make you anybody's representative.

BTW, I never cursed you, why do you take such a craptastic stance of doing so to me?

Cause you're a moron and you keep insulting my inteligence with your bullshit. I'd rather be insulted directly and honestly, that I can let slide.

Buy a console to play Red Dead Redemption at least, a console game not ported by Rockstar, but it sure as hell looks and plays like a PC game I would and have said. If it comes to PC, it's likely someone cared enough to petition Rockstar, but on console it's a fantastic experience just the same!!

Why? Why buy a console when I have a PC that can run games just fine (if they are ported properly, or better yet, not ported at all and re-assembled from scratch? Just because you are stupid enough to waste your money on this junk doesn't mean everybody else is.

Anyway thanks for proving once again that you know nothing about PC games, fool.

Edited by TUN3R

• 1 month later...

Why not buy a console? GTAFers will remember Charming Charlie, a long time forumite and PC advocate there, he bought an Xbox360 and subsequently tossed it out, I tried to impart the idea of selling it or offering it to someone else, but his particulars was he couldn't be 'arsed'.

It's ideas like that, and your own, at times, I'll NEVER understand nor will I agree with them, so give up on the idea of convincing everyone your own 'way' is best, everyone can do what they wish.

In the end, the console version looks and plays fantastic, and it's worthy of coming to PC if they ever get the time and energy to do so, I believe they're mired in the GTA build along with any upcoming project, such as AGENT that they can't devote to PC on the same quality par.

The quality bar is what mandates a worthy port, first and foremost. 

I picked up RetroGamer magazine last month, in it a small firm is highlighted in an article that subcontracted PC port versions, one of which was Grand Theft Auto. I'd not been aware of that before, but for anyone who missed it, I'll highlight it in a YouTube video soon.