Bot blacklist?

We've tried mods like these and to be honest none are as good as IPB's built in Spam Prevention Service. It is actually a lot more effective than you probably realise, without it we would get dozens of spammers registering each day. Right now we only have to deal with a handful each week, so it's not too bad in my opinion. It'll never be completely eradicated anyway.

All we ask is that members like you report any spam you see so myself or the mods can flag them as a spammer as soon as we see it. We only have to click one button to do that. I know you personally report a lot for us which is awesome. :)

• Like 1

We've tried mods like these and to be honest none are as good as IPB's built in Spam Prevention Service. It is actually a lot more effective than you probably realise, without it we would get dozens of spammers registering each day. Right now we only have to deal with a handful each week, so it's not too bad in my opinion. It'll never be completely eradicated anyway.

All we ask is that members like you report any spam you see so myself or the mods can flag them as a spammer as soon as we see it. We only have to click one button to do that. I know you personally report a lot for us which is awesome. :)

Yeah, at least it's a better compromise than ending up like some forums that I visited which were swamped and practically overran by bots.

Last Bot I swatted out of the Cyber sky used the name "Skype" and of course, it's already taken legally, and so I deemed it banned as a forum name, only 2 bots on my other site posted inane garbage

We had nearly 1000 new members with the new GTA info, but I still think most of it was brought on by some Bot-antics (I speak of GTAC not TGTAP BTW)