Gun Control in the Real World

BlackListedB

War is sadly, and has always been, something humans have to deal with in the World we know and live in, acts of violence out of desperation or belief, or pure hatred, Recently a young boy killed a number of people in Connecticut, USA, it's sparked outrage and horror, no doubt you've heard of these senseless tragedies but War as well, going on in various places in the World is just as horrifying in my book, but despite the Constitution and Right to bear Arms, as well, all hunters and gun collectors in the USA and abroad have to deal with the impact of a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands.

Though I didn't catch word of GTA coming under fire from any of these deadly attacks, as a possible link or influence, such a forum is a good place to have this discussion as well, It's been a daily news topic on the USA news channels, and it appears this event where 20 children were shot and killed will have an impact on laws changing here in the USA, and not only gun control but some hopefully more stringent mental health mandates

It is obvious in that the country which has all the streets filled with crazy gangs and hoodlums, People nowadays own all kinds of weapons starting from the stun gun to the mighty double barrelled shotgun only for "PERSONAL DEFENCE". Self defence? Really?

http://wpgc.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13/shocking-video-man-stands-in-middle-of-busy-street-and-shoots-into-passing-cars-video/ (watch this video)

Edited by amazingdude

I wasn't going to go over the details of the shooting in Newtown, since it's nearly daily on the news here, and not hard to find online, but I do think what happens next and the idea simply of DESENSITIZATION from outside elements are worthy of a serious discussion, not only gaming at a young age, but the media exposure itself, where violence is often seen on unrestricted TV, and whereas Sex is not, the problem possibly being how sexual content can make one uncomfortable due to it's many contexts, but there's seemingly a hidden shame in being naked, as someone taught religion when young, you can equate that directly to the story of Sin in the Garden of Eden. The earth is certainly infected with Sin

I won't ever battle video gaming as a fan myself, but I was raised with some moral care, and I agree, it's really sadly lacking in today's world, and more to the point, the Technicalogical World is FAR DIFFERENT then it was 30 or even 20 YEARS ago!

http://www.npr.org/2...control-changes

http://www.examiner....ce-and-morality

The last link I present doesn't wholly subscribe to my feelings and ideas, but it does for the most part, Imagine Christmas without your family because they were killed for reasons you'll never understand, this is heartbreaking, truly!

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1

Just a couple points I'd like to make. First off, yes, let's make it illegal to own guns, because those criminals are such law-abiding citizens...

Second off, the issue here is most certainly not guns, but mental disorders and how inappropriately they are being handled in this country.

Third off, the 2nd amendment is not about hunters and gun collectors WHAT-SO-EVER. It's about retaining the ability to defend yourself against your own government in case they get out of control.

• Like 2

People like Ted Nugent or my dad should not be impacted by new gun legislation, however, if they are known responsible gun owners, as Nugent might not be considered as such, I'm sure he's owned guns longer then most of you have been on the planet, and though he's very outspoken, he's also intelligent despite what his critics say! haha

My dad and brother hunt like many hunters do, they don't go hunting with assault rifles or pistols however, and the call for some armed defense is a logical one as well, though it might sound like trouble added to the mix, the laws regarding gun shows and screening of ANYONE wanting to buy or own a gun is a logical answer I believe.

In response to your points, sadly, I believe it is about guns and their intended use, as well as mental issues handled in the USA, or anywhere for that matter, WAR is an ABOMINATION in my eyes for such things, deadly weapons ultimately used to handle disputes, you can live though all that if resolved and solved in a manner without inflicting death, pain, or suffering, though there is always an unseen mental anguish in some capacity, we should always strive for Peace or your life is meaningless I believe, again, I think this is what all humans should do with their time on Earth

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1

Just a couple points I'd like to make. First off, yes, let's make it illegal to own guns, because those criminals are such law-abiding citizens...

Second off, the issue here is most certainly not guns, but mental disorders and how inappropriately they are being handled in this country.

Third off, the 2nd amendment is not about hunters and gun collectors WHAT-SO-EVER. It's about retaining the ability to defend yourself against your own government in case they get out of control.

That's also my point too, as well as what Blacklisted noted out. The lack of values nowadays did seem to account for this, and parents are either too busy or flat-out ignorant about their children's well-being. They just let their kids whine and piss online on Call of Duty while they, the parents themselves, spend way too much time "trying to keep up with the Joneses", as a friend of mine said.

I once heard that census workers had a hard time interviewing people - it's either that they're cussed at when they're asked about who they are and shit, or worse, have a Glock or some twelve-gauge being pointed at the workers' faces.

I wouldn't be surprised to know as to what's wrong with America nowadays.

What are your thoughts about NRA suggesting arming teachers, and an active push already to do that? Initially I suspected they meant some security with the ability to employ deadly force, in dire situations of course, as they should have had metal detectors, in this most recent case, children under a certain age are not expected to be packing heat, now are they?!?