GTA V Delayed, Release Date: 09/17/2013

Gaz_14

My nightmares have come true, GTA has been delayed until September, there goes my Summer! 

It will be worth it.... It will be worth it.... It will be worth it..... 

I hate to be the bearer of such news on the morning we were all expecting box art, but knowing R* we will all be treated when the game does come out. 

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html/#comments

Edited by Gaz_14

Delayed? The release date was announced before? O.o

Anyways, this is unacceptable. Rockstar should skip beta testing and release the game on time. How can they delay the precious thing? How can they not release the game on time despite the fact that it's probably not finished or has a lot of bugs? Horrible, just horrible... Rockstar will pay for this, with BLAD >.<

Edited by TUN3R

Chris posted this in the GTA V News section, however, if you were looking for more GTA news TODAY, er, Yesterday, in the PM hours, CNN; Cable News Network Anderson Cooper's 360 (he's MY AGE, BTW), chose popular video games to showcase and highlight in making a statement about video game violence, I heard not one word about MATURE GAMER market demographic, and this is simply not a KID'S GAME, anyone with a half a brain should be able to discern realistic entertainment that is not harmful to that of real-life, where there is no RESET BUTTON!!

Bulls*it. Video games are to blame for everything, from global warming to cancer.

Ain't that right Jack? I'm sorry Jack isn't here right now, Rockstar's unforgivably cruel actions costed him his job cause he tried to tell people the truth.

R.I.P. Jack

1951 - Not soon enough

Anyway Gaz posted this first. Hell Chris is probably the last one to find out.

Edited by TUN3R

Anyways, this is unacceptable. Rockstar should skip beta testing and release the game on time. How can they delay the precious thing? How can they not release the game on time despite the fact that it's probably not finished or has a lot of bugs? Horrible, just horrible... Rockstar will pay for this, with BLAD >.<

Bulls*it. Video games are to blame for everything, from global warming to cancer.

Ain't that right Jack? I'm sorry Jack isn't here right now, Rockstar's unforgivably cruel actions costed him his job cause he tried to tell people the truth.

R.I.P. Jack

1951 - Not soon enough

Anyway Gaz posted this first. Hell Chris is probably the last one to find out.

I don't even....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly sure Tun3r is being sarcastic. At least I hope he is.

Anyway, I say take all the time they need. If it means they can release with as few bugs and as many properly fuctioning features as they can, I'm happy to wait. I have GTA: Vice City and San Andreas on my PS3 to pass the time, so I'm set for now.

Edited by Spartan198

Tun3r goes over his idea redundantly that GTA can't be delayed without a release date mentioned prior, but that notion falls flat when you know, most of us DO know, Rockstar clearly announced Spring 2013, not FALL 2013, it's printed on the art found displayed at Gamestop, though I haven't seen it, we DO have Gamestops here and I thought about pre-ordering, however, what strikes me as odd is Rockstar only updated with more multiplayer news since, and no word on the belated box cover art, though some suspect the art already revealed makes up a portion of what it will be

Completely unacceptable! I would much rather have a buggy glitchy game than something they took an extra half a year to fix up! WE SHALL STORM THE GATES TOMORROW EVENING AT DUSK!

• 6 months later...

I'd read comments saying the Multiplayer end is delayed past the release of the normal game, and I didn't see for reasons from Rockstar just yet, but it's a bit of a bummer, on the other hand, it's probably terribly ambitious and when people come on the 'new servers' it may be a challenge avoiding some technical SNAFU. However, in Los Santos we have a major plentiful map for teams of players to exploit. I won't be getting into the MP section straight away as it is

I'd read comments saying the Multiplayer end is delayed past the release of the normal game, and I didn't see for reasons from Rockstar just yet, but it's a bit of a bummer, on the other hand, it's probably terribly ambitious and when people come on the 'new servers' it may be a challenge avoiding some technical SNAFU. However, in Los Santos we have a major plentiful map for teams of players to exploit. I won't be getting into the MP section straight away as it is

GTAOnline will be launching October 1st.

I noted one of my favorite tech news sites, and forums for tech help, Techspot commenting on the online presentation, they mentioned the delay formally one could say.

As an aside, saw a TV ad for Saints Row upcoming as you know, this month. Aliens invade, and all hell breaks loose, still a typical day for the town of Stillwater, eh? SR is Worlds apart on many levels from GTA, and I actually think that's a bad thing since no one is matching Rockstar's open world expertise, and I think you have to create a realistic playground to even play in the same ballpark, so to speak!