What are you listening to right now?

Chris

1. It's about 'gangsta's,' who
  • Hate people who aren't black
  • Think they're 'immune' to police, then they get caught committing crimes, then rap about how the police 'hate' on them
  • They don't sing, they talk, so it technically isn't a 'song'
  • They make songs about themselves, like I give a shit about how much money they have or how many people they've killed
  • They 'represent' a neighborhood. Seriously, shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down, make your music, and be quiet. We don't need people dead over music
  • They sample so much from other music. Seriously, come up with your own music

Basshunter - Counter-Strike The MP3

7. That's got to be the weakest argument of all. I haven't heard much rap that samples other music, and when they do, it's usually parodying that other music.

What I've Done - Linkin Park

Actually, whenever theres something really popular in the hip-hop culture, EVERY RAPPER USES IT THERE VIDEOS/MUSIC. For example, I remember when the Snoop Dogg song "Drop It Likes Its Hot" was new and popular, I heard that in like two other songs.

That just happened again recently, but I can't remember. :(

"I.R.S." - Guns N' Roses

It does all sound exactly the same. Its either about how much money they have, how much money they don't have, or women. Each song is basically about one of those three. And its really sad, a lot of rappers don't write there own music. Sure, some may, but a lot of them don't.

Dude, I will gladly list some songs for you to listen to you and then I dare you to say that they sound exactly the same.

For example, I remember when the Snoop Dogg song "Drop It Likes Its Hot" was new and popular, I heard that in like two other songs.

List those two songs. No, seriously. List those two songs. And those two songs must fit the following criteria:

• It's not a remix of "Drop it Like it's Hot"
  • Is not performed by Snoop Dogg or Pharrell.

Lord Give Me a Sign - DMX

It does all sound exactly the same. Its either about how much money they have, how much money they don't have, or women. Each song is basically about one of those three. And its really sad, a lot of rappers don't write there own music. Sure, some may, but a lot of them don't.

Dude, I will gladly list some songs for you to listen to you and then I dare you to say that they sound exactly the same.

For example, I remember when the Snoop Dogg song "Drop It Likes Its Hot" was new and popular, I heard that in like two other songs.

List those two songs. No, seriously. List those two songs. And those two songs must fit the following criteria:

• It's not a remix of "Drop it Like it's Hot"
  • Is not performed by Snoop Dogg or Pharrell.

Lord Give Me a Sign - DMX

Of course not all songs will sound exactly the same, but a large majority of them will. And honestly, I don't remember the songs. Last time I checked, I FUCKING HATE RAP MUSIC, so yeah, I only know like four rap songs (know by name btw). But really, they do use samples of other hit songs in there music some times. (I've heard it before, maybe someone else could hook you up with an example.)

"Bring The Light" - The Smashing Pumpkins

"It's the End of the World.." REM.

Anybody remember Body Count? I'm not a rap fan, but Ice-T got game! Look for it if you don't know it. It'll be hard to find,

It got pulled by most "respectable" Radio stations & merchants over "Cop Killer".

It's a Metal project, not rap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Count

That one should have been in the GTASA soundtrack.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw